Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 11:49 PM   #16
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueneu View Post
Does anyone know how to link back to the iBookstore? My client wants readers to click an on-page link and be able to rate the book.
They (readers of the book) should do the rating through iTunes and not via a cheesy link within a book back to iTunes. Such a link (if it even works) will close iBooks (or whichever reading app they are using) and open iTunes. That would definitely piss me off if I was reading such a book. I hate it that so many of the free versions of paid apps bug the crap out of you to buy the paid version. This would be just as annoying. A simple statement at the end of the book asking the reader to please rate the book in iTunes would be much more appropriate from this consumer's point of view.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
sueneu
eBook Designer
sueneu began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, nook, kindle
Jack,
Thanks for your honest answer! I'll mention this to my clients and see how they want to go.
sueneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert