Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-10-2022, 01:16 PM   #16
mesamay2003
mesamay2003 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra H20
It really depends on where you get your books and how tech savvy you are. I have both the new Kindle PW and the Libra 2, I also have the libra h20 and most of the older kindle models. My Libra 2 has been rock solid, has a great screen and battery life and plenty of storage...I use it the most, and it's a great value and high quality product. My vote goes to the Libra 2...I prefer page buttons to screen taps.
mesamay2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 01:40 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yeah. MR is a very, very bad place where to practise frugality in ereaders.

I was perfectly content with only one ereader, a cheap Kindle Basic, before I joined MobileRead. Since that fateful day I've had about 10 from various brands.
I managed for 6 years to not buy another Reader. If I can do it so can you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2022, 01:48 PM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I managed for 6 years to not buy another Reader. If I can do it so can you.
I guess, but I don't want to.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:49 PM   #19
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakke View Post
Oh this is though

If I'm reasonable and follow logic I'll buy the Libra 2 even though I want the Sage as this is going to be my first ereader and I will not be able to tell how much use and love the devide is going to get. BUUUT.. Well we'll see what's going to happen!
I don't have both, but I can say that when I got my Sage, I was blown away with how much more reading I did on it. I had the original Libra, the Libra H2O, and loved it, but going from 7 inches to 8 was a revelation. It might help that I think I am one of the MR users least sensitive to frontlight issues, I've never noticed any.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 05:39 PM   #20
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I don't have both, but I can say that when I got my Sage, I was blown away with how much more reading I did on it.
Are you holding your Sage, or are you using a stand? I would think that the extra weight could cancel out the benefit of the larger screen for long reading sessions.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2022, 06:09 PM   #21
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Are you holding your Sage, or are you using a stand? I would think that the extra weight could cancel out the benefit of the larger screen for long reading sessions.
I'm holding my Sage in one hand when reading. It is somewhat heavier than the Libra 2, but it's also slimmer, so it doesn't feel all that much heavier. I do switch hands often, though.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:14 PM   #22
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I don't have both, but I can say that when I got my Sage, I was blown away with how much more reading I did on it. I had the original Libra, the Libra H2O, and loved it, but going from 7 inches to 8 was a revelation. It might help that I think I am one of the MR users least sensitive to frontlight issues, I've never noticed any.
Hmm... with that big plastic sheet over the screen I'd be hard put to notice even the text, let alone any lighting issues.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:59 PM   #23
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hmm... with that big plastic sheet over the screen I'd be hard put to notice even the text, let alone any lighting issues.

No fair - I took that off months ago, and showed a photo here, especially for you!
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 07:12 PM   #24
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No fair - I took that off months ago, and showed a photo here, especially for you!
Oh, right, of course. I forgot. My heartfelt apologies.