Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 06:21 AM   #16
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
I recomend this thread Supernatural soup

it is a three page topic in this very forum and has comments reviews names of authors etc for everything discussed so far in here and more
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:03 AM   #17
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
I second that suggestion. It's a good novel. Any vampire lover needs to read the original.
You mean Le Fanu's Carmilla, I suppose...

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 AM   #18
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I like Jeaniene Frost. You can find her current two (another one is due this month) at Fictionwise. A different twist on vampires.
  1. Halfway to the Grave
  2. One Foot in the Grave

Contains erotica.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #19
mizukisensei
mizukisensei doesn't littermizukisensei doesn't litter

Device: sony reader 505
Try The circle Trilogy from Nora Roberts. It begins with Morrigan's Cross, the Dance of the Gods and ends with Valley of Silence I read the three of them and I really liked it.
mizukisensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #20
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Have you read the original Dracula?
A classic is a classic for some reason. Go to the source.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #21
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Secret Vampire by L.J. Smith - free for an unspecified limited time, requires site registration
http://www.simonsays.com/specials/Night-World/

Ember by Bettie Sharpe - free
http://www.bettiesharpe.com/reads/Ember/

Kept by Zoe Winters - free
http://zoewinters.wordpress.com/kept/

Kody Boye has three, they are gay male supernatural - free
http://kodyboye.itrello.com/index.ph...d=12&Itemid=31

The Samhellion is a romance/adult bookstore with a good number of freebies
http://www.thesamhellion.com/

All Romance eBooks is another romance/adult bookstore with a lot of freebies.
http://allromanceebooks.com/category180.html

I have not read any of these books so I can't say how good or bad they are.
You may find more of interest to you if you browse my blog.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #22
lisa9126
lisa9126 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
well thanks for all the advice! I discovered my librarys e book site but there isnt much there.(I live in mississippi)but I am going to keep looking....I also thought I saw a thread on authors that periodically give out freebies anyone see that? well I am off to read )
lisa9126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #23
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa9126 View Post
hello everyone! I am looking for vampire books,werewolf.witch anything I must keep reading!
I have read many authors and need more suggestions, I have read so far the following
laurell k hamilton
charlene harris
raven hart
kelly armsrtong
christine feehan
Anne Rice
Lyndsay Sands
1 book of JR WARD,
maggie Shayne
Maryjanice davidson.
Ok so Are the others out there? I alson loike frebie but who doesnt
I have some suggestions:

Lara Adrian
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Kinley Macgregor,
Amanda Ashley,
J R Ward
Alexis Morgan
Jillian Hunter
Lora Leigh
Kathryn Smith
Alyssa Day
Jacquelyn Frank
Shelly Laurenston
Eve Silver
Bonnie Vanek
Stephenie Meyer

for a few.

I hope that helps.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #24
sunsetsylvia
Enthusiast
sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (sangria red), PRS-350 (silber), Galaxy Tab
In case you haven't tried Lara Adrian yet. Her publisher provides a free download for the first of her "Midnight Breed" series in various ebook formats:

http://www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/laraadrian/
sunsetsylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:25 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi:

I would recommend (all of them paranormal romance, not urban):
  • Nalini Singh
  • Christine Warren
  • Cynthia Eden
  • Allyson James (her dragon books)
  • Shelley Laurenston (somebody has already mentioned her)

And in Urban:
  • Patricia Briggs (Mercy and Alpha and Omega)
  • Demons not included (Cheyenne McCray)
  • Nancy Haddock
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #26
user3162
user3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texanuser3162 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iPad mini, iPhone
I don't normally read romance, or vampire stories, but I read and enjoyed Biting Nixie: A Biting Love Novel by Mary Hughes.
http://www.samhainpublishing.com/romance/biting-nixie
http://www.mybookstoreandmore.com/sh...a/biting-nixie
user3162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #27
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
what about The Alchemyst by Michael Scott, that was the first of the series followed by the Magician and the Sorceress. I really enjoyed them, I could visualize what he was writting..
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote