Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #16
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
Old habits do die hard sometimes!
New habits die hard, too, sometimes. Ever tried looking for the copy-and-paste functionality on paper?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
LOL...
Last night I hit the page forward button on my "Lamentation" hardcover.
This morning I tried to turn the page of my 505 by swiping my finger across the screen
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #18
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I've turned my PDA over so I could doublecheck what the blurb was on the back of the book before.

And just last week, one of my co-workers - who bought an eBookwise because of my ebook reading at work - came to tell me her funny story. One of the women in her department was handing around a copy of a library book that she wanted them all to read. My co-worker said it felt odd to hold a paper book in her hand again, but she hadn't realized just how accustomed she'd grown to using the reader until...

...she came to a word she didn't know and pressed her finger on it, waiting for the dictionary definition to appear on the page!

She and I had a good laugh at that.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:58 AM   #19
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
...she came to a word she didn't know and pressed her finger on it, waiting for the dictionary definition to appear on the page!
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #20
matanic
Enthusiast
matanic began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Aura H2O
I'm also a longtime pda ebook reader, and I have tried touching the screen of my new EZ Reader to turn the page. But even worse is when I just sit there and wait for the page to scroll to the next line. Apparently I use autoscroll on the pda a lot!
matanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #21
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
That is one thing that I can say that I have not done on my 505 or Kindle... LOL
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:40 PM   #22
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticnick View Post
Occasionally I have been so absorbed reading that when I get to the bottom of the page, instead of pressing the 'turn page' button, I have actually turned the device over, instead.
Could that be a sign of early-onset oldness, or is it, perhaps, only an indication of good design?
I have done the same thing!! Less now than when I first got it in November, but still.... I prefer to think it's an ode to the e-ink technology, but it's probably something to do with my mental capacity.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #23
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
I've never tried to flip my Reader over, but there have been multiple times I've become a little too excited and did a premature page-turn -- you know, hitting the button before I'm even done reading the page I'm on. I always just sigh and page back to read what I missed. Sometimes it is just hard to wait!

I used to have a similar issue with pbooks, my eyes would try to jump to the next page and do a quick 'scan' before I got there. Completely involuntary reaction.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #24
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Sometimes a 'page' I'm reading get smudged or a cookie crumb falls on it. Then, after I hit the page-turn button, I am often surprised to see that the smudge or crumb is on the next page as well!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote