Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 06-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I am partial to the Kobo devices. I find the quality excellent, and the amount of work that has been shared here on MR to enhance functionality is astonishing. If I could have only one, it would be a Kobo Aura or Aura HD or Glo. As Harry stated, the lighting is extremely nice to have. And there are so many more options as far as fonts, font sizes, margin control, etc. The Kobo is extremely versatile in allowing one to display text, much more so than any other e-ink reader that I have personally played with.

I do love the T2 I got recently, but I also have to embed the font of my choice (using Calibre) in order to achieve the look I want.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
yes - if your investment is in the ePub, rather than the Amazon, ecosystem, the Kobo is a good choice, I agree.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #18
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I would choose a Kobo over one of the newer Sony devices any day. I got a great deal on a refurb Sony T1 for $50 about 3 months ago from London Drugs, but did NOT like how cheap and plastic it felt, plus the screens on those are very often not aligned properly, so it felt like I what I was reading was slowly creeping up off the page. I took it back straight away and have never regretted it. The build quality of my Kobo's just feels so much more robust. Granted, the software has had its issues, but I think after all of the updates they're finally starting to get them right!

If you are REALLY stuck on Sony, perhaps try and find a deal for a PRS-350 or PRS-650? Here's a red PRS-650 at a Toronto based retailer: https://www.topchoiceelectronics.com/PRS650RC

I bought my 650 from them last summer and had no complaints except for a small scuff on the front bezel (but I am a perfectionist).
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #19
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Perhaps a bit late but Factory Direct (in Toronto) has (or claims to have) red Sony readers from the 505 through to the T3. They only ship within Canada.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertburnaby View Post
I am looking for a red PRS-505 Sony reader in mint condition. It is for my girlfriend to read on duty as a fire engineer in the fire department ~ hence the red is wanted. Please contact me if you could fulfill my wish, can pay by paypal; I am with 12years of 100% eBay and PayPal standing. Thanks in adavance I live in Vancouver Canada.
If you are still looking, see if you can get a red T1, T2, or T3. They are so much better then the 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #21
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are still looking, see if you can get a red T1, T2, or T3. They are so much better then the 505.
I'd still rather have my 650 than the T-series. I like the navigation better. I ended up selling my T1 to a friend whose 505 died last year.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I'd still rather have my 650 than the T-series. I like the navigation better. I ended up selling my T1 to a friend whose 505 died last year.
I did forget about the red 650. And even if it's bought used with a crap battery, the battery can be replaced by the user.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-505