Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2024, 06:45 PM   #16
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I would like to see this happen. Can you tell me exactly how to reproduce it?
By keeping wifi off for weeks/months, I guess.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:40 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have books on your Kindle that have the same ASIN as an existing Kindle book and sent to your Kindle as EBOK instead of PDOC. Keep your Kindle in airplane mode for a while (6 weeks seems to be about the minimum). Turn WiFi on. If you are unlucky watch your sideloaded books disappear.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2024, 04:34 AM   #18
bido
bido began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10
Just a follow up to the suggestion to use epubcheck. As I mentioned before, I found an error that I fixed today and retried to send the .epub - now with 0 errros - by email to my Kindle. Again, the email bounced back with the same vague error ("There was a problem with the document(s) you sent to Kindle").

Apparently, there is something different than that ID mismatch error which makes Amazon block my transfer.

Let me know if you have other suggestions. I would like to make my life easier for the future. My main inconvenient to convert myself (with Calibre) the .epub to a format compatible with my Kindle and send it through wire is that I don't always have a cable to connect the Kindle to my computer (especially when I travel). I hate carying a micro usb cable just for my Kindle when all my devices (except Kindle) are USB C. Besides that, I do these transfers remotely and asynchronously (I don't always have my Kindle and my laptop/PC with me at the same time). Maybe not big deals, but I'd really like to understand how Amazon is acting on the transfered books so I can prevent further blocking like this one.

I really appreciate your help!
bido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 04:45 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bido View Post
Just a follow up to the suggestion to use epubcheck. As I mentioned before, I found an error that I fixed today and retried to send the .epub - now with 0 errros - by email to my Kindle. Again, the email bounced back with the same vague error ("There was a problem with the document(s) you sent to Kindle").

Apparently, there is something different than that ID mismatch error which makes Amazon block my transfer.

Let me know if you have other suggestions. I would like to make my life easier for the future. My main inconvenient to convert myself (with Calibre) the .epub to a format compatible with my Kindle and send it through wire is that I don't always have a cable to connect the Kindle to my computer (especially when I travel). I hate carying a micro usb cable just for my Kindle when all my devices (except Kindle) are USB C. Besides that, I do these transfers remotely and asynchronously (I don't always have my Kindle and my laptop/PC with me at the same time). Maybe not big deals, but I'd really like to understand how Amazon is acting on the transfered books so I can prevent further blocking like this one.

Cart out your MicroUSB cable, but a multi-plug USB cable that has USB-C and MicroUSB, or buy a PW5 that has USB-C.

Send to Kindle (IMHO) is more hassle the it's worth.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 06:42 AM   #20
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Cart out your MicroUSB cable, but a multi-plug USB cable that has USB-C and MicroUSB, or buy a PW5 that has USB-C.

Send to Kindle (IMHO) is more hassle the it's worth.
Jon, do you read what you reply to?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2024, 06:43 AM   #21
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Let me know if you have other suggestions. ...

In addition to the suggestion of converting to kfx and sending that, maybe try a calibre epub to epub conversion and see what happens.
Old 06-12-2024, 07:11 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Jon, do you read what you reply to?
It solves the problem of Send to kindle not working properly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 07:22 AM   #23
bido
bido began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
In addition to the suggestion of converting to kfx and sending that, maybe try a calibre epub to epub conversion and see what happens.
This really helped! I could send to Kindle after EPUB->EPUB conversion with calibre.

Will take a deeper look at the diffs to see what isn't Amazon happy with.

Thanks for the suggestion!
bido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 08:05 AM   #24
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Let me know if you have other suggestions. I would like to make my life easier for the future. ... Maybe not big deals, but I'd really like to understand how Amazon is acting on the transfered books so I can prevent further blocking like this one.
Amazon can reject books for many things that EPUBCheck will allow. They have their own rules, many of them undocumented. Some examples are an unsupported language, table of contents entries in the different order than the flow of the book, and use of fixed-layout formatting.

One thing you can try is install Amazon's Kindle Previewer software and open the EPUB using that. It will perform a conversion very similar to that done when emailing an EPUB to Amazon and may provide a more specific reason for the failure to convert.

If that is unhelpful you could use the ScrambleEbook plugin for calibre to eliminate any copyrighted text from the book and post the result here for others to look at.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 08:58 AM   #25
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It solves the problem of Send to kindle not working properly.
Makes sense?

Next time someone asks: "I really like my Kobo, but I get database corruption every now and then. Any suggestions?", you'll recommend getting a Kindle?
Old 06-12-2024, 09:15 AM   #26
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
It would be something along the lines of "corruption is not a problem, just restore a backup"
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:20 AM   #27
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Corruption is not a problem. I don't get any database corruptions with my Kobos.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:26 AM   #28
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I sent 6200+ ebooks in one go to a Libra 2.

I've not had any DB corruption on Libra, Libra2, Sage or Elipsa since I made sure to only connect at My Books screen, eject from Calibre whrn jobs=0, wait for Unread to update before unplugging cable and reconnecting.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote