Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2024, 08:58 PM   #16
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
This is meant to include a fix for the database corruption issue.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Oh hell, I just hash that happen yesterday. My new Libra Colour stopped being able to sync, and I just wiped it to start fresh.

I could've saved myself the effort of they'd released it sooner.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 09:39 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Oh hell, I just hash that happen yesterday. My new Libra Colour stopped being able to sync, and I just wiped it to start fresh.

I could've saved myself the effort of they'd released it sooner.
Note that this helps with the issue where the database was not properly closed before the USB connection. One very noticeable symptom was the presence of *.sqlite-wal and *.sqlite-shm (WAL for write-ahead logging and SHM for shared memory) files in the .kobo directory after the connection.

You can still corrupt the database by not safely ejecting, having a flakey USB cable, etc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2024, 01:05 AM   #18
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.
I probably wasn't very clear.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 04:24 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I wonder when the older Kobos will get 4.39. Usually new devices come out with a newer firmware, a firmware release comes out for the new devices and then another firmware for all devices.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 05:06 AM   #20
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghira View Post
I know. I have. Manual syncing never ever works though. I even left it running for 48 hours once to see if it would eventually finish. No.
Do you have a lot of collections, or some empty collections?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2024, 07:42 AM   #21
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Do you have a lot of collections, or some empty collections?
I have 35 screens of collections. I guess that's a lot. Maybe 1-2 of them are currently empty.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 08:34 AM   #22
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
I have 35 screens of collections. I guess that's a lot. Maybe 1-2 of them are currently empty.
You should check that the collections on your Kobo correspond to those present on your Kobo account. If there's a difference syncing will hang. I had the same issue for years until I deleted all of the collections manually on my Kobo and my Kobo account (using the app). I synced and then everything worked properly. If you use Calibre recreating your collections afterwards is very easy.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 09:39 AM   #23
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
the cleaner home screen with larger covers is tempting.
Setting Large Print Mode (in Beta Features) to 140% improves the Home Screen nicely. No patches required.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 10:10 AM   #24
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Setting Large Print Mode (in Beta Features) to 140% improves the Home Screen nicely. No patches required.
But won't that impact the UI everywhere?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 11:04 AM   #25
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
But won't that impact the UI everywhere?
I think so. But I find that it generally makes a 6-inch screen easier for me to use. Less busy; easier to touch the correct item. And of course it has no effect when reading.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 12:13 PM   #26
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Yep, what mathil said: try nuking your collections, then sync.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 01:25 PM   #27
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I wonder when the older Kobos will get 4.39. Usually new devices come out with a newer firmware, a firmware release comes out for the new devices and then another firmware for all devices.
Probably never. You did notice that the 4.38 firmware is 11 builds ahead of the 4.39 firmware? I tend to the belief that the next unified firmware for Kobo ereaders will be a v5 firmware for Kobo and tolino ereaders.
Old 06-26-2024, 01:27 PM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Sounds like where I was years back when I had over 200 collections. I ended up nuking my collections since it was simply easier to use search than paging through 40 or so pages of collections to locate my next read.
Old 06-26-2024, 03:30 PM   #29
Haplo65
Haplo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo HD GLO / Clara 2E
New firmware install on my HD GLO : no issue so far
Haplo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 04:32 PM   #30
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
post deleted

Last edited by slantybard; 06-26-2024 at 04:38 PM. Reason: found answer in another thread
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release