Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #16
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
I can't believe this but it's arrived already! Delivered this morning! I ordered it on the 18th, it was shipped on the 19th and it arrived on the 23rd!!! And I'm in Australia! That's got to set some sort of record for the fastest international shipping ever!

As to the PP... I love it! Ok, I haven't had much time to really check it out yet but it's a gorgeous little device and since Astak was kind enough to also send along a 2gb card with 400 ebooks on it I have been able to check out how different formats look and so far I've seen epub, txt and pdf and wow, they look excellent! Personally I can't fault it.

As for how easy it is to use, I find it very simple. To me it is intuitive, at least to my way of thinking.

Anyway I haven't had much time with it and can always put more detailed thoughts up about the device once I've had more time with it.

Oh and it also came almost fully charged which is awesome. Though shortly I will hook it up to my computer to charge it fully.
Congrats.

Make sure it has the very latest firmware so you get the good battery life.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Congrats.

Make sure it has the very latest firmware so you get the good battery life.
Thanks. I just asked about that in the firmware thread. Curious if it would already have the latest firmware since it's brand new.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks. I just asked about that in the firmware thread. Curious if it would already have the latest firmware since it's brand new.
It has been in transit- Customs... before it got shipped to you
Update

Don't trust the charge indicator the first few charges.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #19
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It has been in transit- Customs... before it got shipped to you
Update

I doubt they install the latest firmware before it ships anyway. My firmware was quite old.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #20
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Congrats Laura81!! Mine need an upgrade too when I received it. The firmware wasn't updated before it was delivered. So you need to do it yourself.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #21
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, thanks all. I will look into how to do that once it's fully charged and update it.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #22
Laura81
Addict

Guess what? My partner now wants a Pocket Pro for Christmas as well lol. Saw mine and how it looks and works and now wants that as their gift. Works for me! So I'm off to order another one!
Old 11-23-2009, 01:30 AM   #23
angurs
angurs began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I've had mine for 3 weeks and bought my sister one for Christmas. Now my daughter wants one too! She's been using mine..and she's 5yo
angurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:07 AM   #24
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
I can't believe this but it's arrived already! Delivered this morning! I ordered it on the 18th, it was shipped on the 19th and it arrived on the 23rd!!! And I'm in Australia! That's got to set some sort of record for the fastest international shipping ever! .
That is fast. Congratulations on receiving your Pocket Pro.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:05 AM   #25
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Guess what? My partner now wants a Pocket Pro for Christmas as well lol. Saw mine and how it looks and works and now wants that as their gift. Works for me! So I'm off to order another one!
Yep, in the same situation. The wife saw mine, used it a bit and wants one herself. I've decided that when we can afford to buy another it'll be another colour. The black is nice but really need something to identify whose is whose.

Glad you're happy with your PP. I myself enjoy reading on it far more than reading paperbacks.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 AM   #26
Laura81
Addict

My partner wants black as well... guess we'll just have to make sure we don't leave them laying next to each other!
Old 11-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #27
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Interesting... I've just checked my parcel tracking from newegg.ca which says my Pocket Pro is enroute to me from "BALDWIN PARK, CA, US" - is that where Astak are?

If so, does that mean I'm likely to have one of the more recent Pocket Pros that don't suffer from the paint issues?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #28
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Interesting... I've just checked my parcel tracking from newegg.ca which says my Pocket Pro is enroute to me from "BALDWIN PARK, CA, US" - is that where Astak are?

If so, does that mean I'm likely to have one of the more recent Pocket Pros that don't suffer from the paint issues?
Only Newegg could tell you what lot/shipment date their stock came from.

I have never had a problem with a purchase from Newegg, so I can't tell you what happens if there is one.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #29
Laura81
Addict

Just received my second Pocket Pro in the mail today! Ok... it's not actually mine it's what I'll be giving my partner for Christmas but again, the shipping was quick!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #30
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Just received my second Pocket Pro in the mail today! Ok... it's not actually mine it's what I'll be giving my partner for Christmas but again, the shipping was quick!
That was quick, wasn't that many days ago you announced the purchase of the second unit. Not sure if you are aware Laura but www.readwithoutpaper.com opened up yesterday - Australian ebook site, price look decent on most of their lines (no geographic restrictions YAY).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote