Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Current Book's cover as screen saver! Would it be nice?
Yay 118 96.72%
Nay 4 3.28%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #16
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Yes of course, it would be a very cool option to have. It should be done completely automatically, though.

I actually wonder why such an feature haven't made it out at release. But the Kindle firmware team does seem rather unproductive compared to how much hacking/mod people/teams are able to put out. But I guess that more features also means more bugs, or maybe they're just not interrested in expanding the current version, leaving more features to the next version = more reason to buy it.

Last edited by Kenneth_irl; 02-05-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #17
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I didn't vote because I'm neither in favor nor against the idea. I've already got the screensaver hack, and right now I've got an image from a cemetery photo shoot I did in November. I've got some others waiting to be converted and put on the Kindle, I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm just happy to be rid of the Dead Authors Showcase that it came with. Some of the others it came with (the birds, and the illuminated manuscript page) were nice and I might put them back into rotation later.

I've come to realize that the screensaver really does only three things - to tell me when my Kindle is asleep, to have my contact info show in the sleep state, and for other people to look at. In other words, I'm not as excited about having custom SS as I thought I would be, so add me to the "meh" list.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #18
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
@ CWatkinsNash

You could also have it display mantras ?

Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_irl View Post
@ CWatkinsNash

You could also have it display mantras ?

I used to have my screensaver on my work laptop display, "If you can see this, you haven't done anything for 15 minutes." Hmm... gives me an idea... I might be contributing to the screensaver thread in a bit.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote