Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2024, 01:36 PM   #16
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by minidonnie View Post
Can I consider non-touch kindles for jailbreak?
Any Kindle old enough to not have touch is way over a decade old. The firmware versions they run are all jailbroken. The only ones that would update to a version that is not yet jailbroken are 10th gen and newer models. Anything 9th gen or older can be jailbroken.
Frogm4n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 02:51 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
A Kindle is a crap shoot. So don't ever buy one unless you are willing to use it without a JB.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2024, 02:52 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post
Any Kindle old enough to not have touch is way over a decade old. The firmware versions they run are all jailbroken. The only ones that would update to a version that is not yet jailbroken are 10th gen and newer models. Anything 9th gen or older can be jailbroken.
But any Kindle without touch is a bit meh!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 03:02 PM   #19
minidonnie
minidonnie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 10th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A Kindle is a crap shoot. So don't ever buy one unless you are willing to use it without a JB.
Would you advice me to get another e-reader? which one could I get that has page turn buttons and good software support on a budget? (I know it's much to ask for but if I gotta move from mine it's gotta be a good upgrade)
minidonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 03:25 PM   #20
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minidonnie View Post
Would you advice me to get another e-reader? which one could I get that has page turn buttons and good software support on a budget? (I know it's much to ask for but if I gotta move from mine it's gotta be a good upgrade)
PocketBook readers all have page turn buttons.

If you don't like the software, you can easily install KOReader (no guarantee you will like that better, of course - I do not).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2024, 05:13 AM   #21
SWEETFA
SWEETFA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th Gen (KT3) and Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
I bought a KT3 (Touch Kindle 8th Gen) on eBay in the last week.
The final firmware for that is the last one that LanguageBreak works on so you can't really go wrong with that.
Jailbroke it, added KUAL, Doom (just because it can run Doom), Gambatte-K (Gameboy Color emulator), and KOReader, and Sox Music Player.
LanguageBreak is much more fiddly than the Jailbreak on my old Kindle 3/Keyboard was but got there in the end, there's a good video of someone doing it on Youtube which helps.
SWEETFA is offline   Reply With Quote