Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
Yep, Amazon shows my order is shipping soon and can't be canceled. I don't know if K1 owners really got moved to the front of the line as I "hemmed and hawed" and didn't place my order until the 12th and this is my 1st Kindle. Scheduled for delivery Feb 25th.
Same here, ordered Feb 11th, I am probably going to be running down for every truck I hear. There is construction going on, and if there is a different driver doing deliveries he will likely think the house under construction is an error. I live in an air park and my hangar apartment isn't visible from the road. I think an Amazon deliveries sign is going up!
What if my concrete driveway is delayed to Wednesday? Ahh, the anticipation!
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:10 AM   #17
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I ordered on the 9th with 2 day shipping. No charge to the account and I can still change my order.

No love for first time E-reader buyers.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #18
janiceoc
janiceoc began at the beginning.

I'm thinking about placing a new order for the Kindle 2. Does anyone have any idea of how long I'll have to wait for shipment? I know they haven't even released the first group yet.
janiceoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #19
frecklpwr
frecklpwr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am a K1 owner, ordered a kindle on Jan. 30th in anticipation of the announcement and requested free shipping. My card was billed today and says "shipping soon" with an estimate of March 2 as the shipping date. Ooooh, I hope it comes early!
frecklpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:42 AM   #20
hhdumpling
hhdumpling began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumfan View Post
Same here, ordered Feb 11th, I am probably going to be running down for every truck I hear. There is construction going on, and if there is a different driver doing deliveries he will likely think the house under construction is an error. I live in an air park and my hangar apartment isn't visible from the road. I think an Amazon deliveries sign is going up!
What if my concrete driveway is delayed to Wednesday? Ahh, the anticipation!
Wait. You live in an air park? In a hanger apartment?! That's either awesome or terrible. I love planes, but I don't know if I could live THAT close to them!

Still. I have to lean heavily toward awesome!

My place, on the other hand, is nice for getting packages as delivery drivers always leave the package at my door as it's not visible from the street. Can't wait to get that Kindle!
hhdumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #21
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Mine was charged and is shipping soon for a delivery date of the 25th with next day shipping. I ordered the day before the announcement in anticipation.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Well the "previous Kindle owners" to the front of the line if you order the first 2 days was a sham. I had to cancel and re-order to split the addresses and my delivery date is the same.

Before I canceled I ordered a 3rd Kindle and the delivery date was the same. So it doesn't matter when you order or if you are a Kindle 1 owner, shipping is the same for everyone.

I think this was a test of some kind to see how many previous owners would buy K2.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #23
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Well the "previous Kindle owners" to the front of the line if you order the first 2 days was a sham. I had to cancel and re-order to split the addresses and my delivery date is the same.

Before I canceled I ordered a 3rd Kindle and the delivery date was the same. So it doesn't matter when you order or if you are a Kindle 1 owner, shipping is the same for everyone.

I think this was a test of some kind to see how many previous owners would buy K2.
It could be that, or they didnt get as many orders as they expected so have more than enough to send to everyone. Or they could of over produced just to make sure that they wouldnt run out of stock yet again lol.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Did they say "the first few days"? I heard that if you are a K1 owner and you pre-order you will be put to the front of the queue. It is still pre-order time even now.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #25
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Did they say "the first few days"? I heard that if you are a K1 owner and you pre-order you will be put to the front of the queue. It is still pre-order time even now.

BOb
The first 2 days. From a post by pshrynk.

Quote:
Special Opportunity for Kindle 1 Owners
Even though we’ve increased our manufacturing capacity, we want to be sure our original Kindle owners are first in line to receive Kindle 2. Place your Kindle 2 order by midnight PST on February 10th and you will receive first priority.
I guess I don't know what "first priority" means.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I guess I don't know what "first priority" means.
Ah thanks.. didn't know there was a deadline for "priority".

Maybe it means your Kindle is on the top of the pallet?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #27
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ah thanks.. didn't know there was a deadline for "priority".

Maybe it means your Kindle is on the top of the pallet?

BOb
Less crush opportunity? Yay!?
Old 02-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #28
bailey1313
bailey1313 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
my card hasn't n charged yet but it is being prepared for shipping and order can't be changed. my delivery date is 25th. I have a kindle 1 and ordered on the 9th. i have amazon prime so 2 day shipping is free and one day shipping is 3.99 so i choose that. can't wait. one adult will get a nice gift.or i will keep one for home and one for traveling and throwing in my purse. can't wit.
cin
bailey1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #29
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Ordered on 2/19 (I was waiting for some gift certificates to arrive). Card does not yet show charge, but my status on Amazon is preparing for shipment and order cannot be canceled or changed. I'm sure the authorization has been processed to my card, but not yet reflected in the online statement.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Ok, I just ordered one 5 minutes ago. My card obviously hasn't been charged yet, but it is showing an estimated delivery date of 2/25.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote