Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-13-2024, 01:46 PM   #16
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderlover123 View Post
Thanks for the pictures

Do you find the scribe an enjoyable reader while holding it in your hands
Well, it's got some benefits, and plenty of drawbacks. I often use it on various stands that I have. The main reason for that is simply its weight and size. But design of the device is severely lacking as well. Main plus is that it's got a metal back shell. It feels great when device is held in the hand. It's easy to clean and gives a higher end finish to it. But it's part of the problems as well. It's smooth and slippery when carrying the device. Also, because of it, usb charging inlet is sharp and extremely unpleasant to touch. This is especially annoying since it's placed directly in the middle of long wide panel that's intended for holding the device. I'm sticking moynicke mefix to it to mitigate this problem. lol

Another thing that I really hate about Scribe are page turning touch screen areas. It's not possible to turn page forward and back by just holding the device in one hand. Back is always only on the right side of the screen, while forward is on the right. So when I'm holding the device in my left hand, I must use gestures instead of touch area to turn pages forward. With a very large screen, you'd thought that they would copy other manufacturers that have forward and backwards areas on the same side of the screen.

There are also gaps at the edges of the bevel for some reason. They are fairly smooth, but still a bit unpleasant to the touch. Dust and dirt magnets as well, I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dumb small size.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	208846   Click image for larger version

Name:	moat.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	208847   Click image for larger version

Name:	stand.jpg
Views:	25