Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #16
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
OK! I just got email from NewEgg that they have it in stock. Went, saw that it is being shipped by them and also a case from a third-party in the USA. Ordered them and should have in about a week! I am guessing they do not have a ton of stock so....
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:45 AM   #17
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
Neil,
I am looking forward to your review. I am very interested in how it might compare with a Kobo Forma or a Kindle Oasis for the basic black text as I don’t want to take a step back in resolution for general reading. I understand the color will be a lower resolution, but I can’t imagine that would be critical. In Photography the resolution is more a function of the luminosity (or the gray scale).
Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by jmmcg9; 04-17-2021 at 11:50 AM.
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2021, 12:03 PM   #18
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmcg9 View Post
Neil,
I am looking forward to your review. I am very interested in how it might compare with a Kobo Forma or a Kindle Oasis for the basic black text as I don’t want to take a step back in resolution for general reading. I understand the color will be a lower resolution, but I can’t imagine that would be critical. In Photography the resolution is more a function of the luminosity (or the gray scale).
Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe -- Yep, I will post a review shortly after I get it. It is supposed to be delivered on the 20th around noon to 3pm or so. That is, of course, according to UPS which often has no connection at all to shared reality. And, of course, I will at that time be glued to the Apple TV watching the new Apple announcements. My fingers are crossed for the iPad Mini 6 to finally be released! My wallet is cringing in the corner.

One thing though, I cannot imagine that the reading rez on this thing will even come close to approaching the Oasis Kindle which, to me, is the very finest display on an e-ink ereader that I have personally used. Keep in mind that the PB Color devices (both model dimensions) have a backlight but not a frontlight to add control of warmth to that of brightness. I think the regular Inkpad 3 has both light varieties but I am not sure as I have not used it. I have a feeling based on my laughable understanding of the way the color screen is layered to work that the warmth light would totally screw up the color hues. Of course if they wanted to get around that they could make the default off and require a "retweaking" when reading in black and white. That would probably require a full-time help desk employee though just to answer the phone calls. Well, looking forward to playing with the new guy!
Old 04-19-2021, 10:21 PM   #19
Nicolay77
Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PockeBook Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
GoodEReader is taking orders for them, but they don't say anything about how long shipping will take. I think they normally have PocketBooks drop shipped from overseas. You might want to specifically ask them if they're currently in stock and get an estimate of shipping time.

https://goodereader.com/blog/product...r-eink-ereader
I ordered from them on March 15. It was shipped on April 14, and I just got it today.

I ordered the blue cover, and I got the black one.

No complaints, I'm just sharing my experience.
Nicolay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:59 AM   #20
Neil
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolay77 View Post
I ordered from them on March 15. It was shipped on April 14, and I just got it today.

I ordered the blue cover, and I got the black one.

No complaints, I'm just sharing my experience.
They sent me email it was in stock on 4/14 which is when I ordered and it came a few hours ago today! So four days to fulfill. At least you got the black cover. I ordered the gray and got a cute, cartoon owl. Oh, well, I'll survive. But my least macho cover EVER.

So far it is all I expected and more. I'll try to put up a detailed review in a day or two. But to capsulize my reaction so far: The color capability is a lot better than the Pocketbook 6" screen and beats the pants off my experence with the Boox Color. For reading it is at least up to Kindle Paperwhite rez and comfort and pretty close the Oasis 1, even 2 but not 3 as no warmth light. The grayish, dotty backfground from the previous screen is about under control now. The manual is very good but still does not answer some questions. And, of course, no contest with the Boox on anything requiring the Android OS and that unit's speed. Like I say, I'll post a big review in a day or two.
Advert