Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-02-2022, 08:03 AM   #271
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
DaltonST Plugins extremely small fonts used

I have installed some of the DaltonST Plugins but in some (most) cases the text on buttons, pop-ups and other text is extremely small, so i am not able to read that text. Is there anywhere a setting to get all this different text-entrys in "normal" height and weight?
So my eyes are not capable to get what is written and therefore all this plugins result unusable for me, even when they will do what i want to do with them!
I have made a screenshot which will explain better the problem...
Thank you for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-02 um 13.58.11.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	195559  
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:12 AM   #272
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What version of Calibre are you using?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2022, 12:03 PM   #273
igorius
Zealot

Sorry, forgot: Calibre 6.2.1 Mac with Big Sur 11.6.8
Old 08-02-2022, 08:10 PM   #274
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What font are you using in calibre?

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-03 085920.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	195568

There have been various presentation level problems with calibre 6, including font related issues, all my window positions and sizes were mangled.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:04 AM   #275
igorius
Zealot

What? What font? Dont know, is there a possibility to set a font?
I never found, nor was setting that feature, so i dont have that info for you.
So i suspect it would be a standard system-font which is used by any program and system.
Sorry

PS: AppleSystemUIFont(13)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-03 um 09.06.45.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	195574  

Last edited by igorius; 08-03-2022 at 03:07 AM.
Advert
Old 08-03-2022, 03:44 AM   #276
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Arrgh - sorry the other font related issue was/is related to the now deprecated Windows Substitute Font 'feature'.

I'll merge this thread into the CALM thread, DaltonSt should then get a message.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 09:18 PM   #277
thelastclown
thelastclown began at the beginning.

Hello, I am trying to use CALM in Linux. Distro is KUbuntu 21.10.

I'm a new user. I have little to know knowledge of coding in Python or any other language for that matter. I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction for further study.

When trying to 'Get All Source Library/Custom Column Combinations,' I'm getting an error which says

Quote:
calibre, version 6.3.0

ERROR: CALM Target Database Connection Attachment Path Error: CantOpenError: unable to open database: /media/****/library/calibre_libraries/everything/metadata.db
My Calibre libraries are on a separate internal SSD. The drive is owned by my current user profile so I don't think there are permissions problems.

Thank you for any help or guidance.
thelastclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:44 AM   #278
igorius
Zealot

Second attempt to get an answer to my question about font-sizes in DaltonST Dialog-boxes:
Please change the font sizes to "system-standard"! Its not easy to not readable for me!
Here a pic of the calm dialog box, all sizes are different even on buttons.
That problem is with every DaltonST-plugin.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-25 um 13.38.35.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	196074  
Old 12-22-2022, 09:16 PM   #279
mezme
Connoisseur
mezme began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Question Sync question

I've read thru the documentation on sync'ing changes but I am still unclear on exactly how it works.

I have a custom column (#ver) that I use to mark if data/images/books have been checked and verified accurate. This custom column is in all libraries.

If I use the metadata tools and select the #ver custom column and select replace source button... exactly what happens?
mezme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:09 AM   #280
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does 'exactly' what the pushbutton text and its Tooltip say.

Back up your source library metadata.db files first if you have any concerns.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-23-2022 at 10:43 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #281
mezme
Connoisseur

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure... it worked beautifully! Thank you so much for developing this plug in.. it's a lifesaver with multiple libraries!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
It does 'exactly' what the pushbutton text and its Tooltip say.

Back up your source library metadata.db files first if you have any concerns.

DaltonST
Old 12-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #282
mezme
Connoisseur

Still a little stuck on the sync sorry!

I've read thru the tool tips and documentation and all but... I've figured out how to update custom columns and the tags... but is there a way to update standard columns (like author/title/series) if changes are made to standardize changes?
Old 12-23-2022, 04:13 PM   #283
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, absolutely not. Custom Columns only.

Author and Title change the Library file path for a book. Only Calibre itself can do that. CALM changes no Standard Columns at all.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:50 AM   #284
mezme
Connoisseur

Darn... I was afraid of that! Thanks
Old 01-25-2023, 10:38 PM   #285
Chirishman
Chirishman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Exclamation

I'm trying to do initial setup and I'm getting the below error when I click "Generate Custom Columns in the Target Library"

Quote:
calibre, version 6.11.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:malformed node or string on line 1: &lt;ast.Name object at 0x000001F4965604C0&gt;

calibre 6.11 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17763')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17763', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: [REMOVED FOR BREVITY]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_dialog", line 4889, in generate_custom_columns_control
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_dialog", line 5005, in generate_custom_columns
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_dialog", line 5510, in harmonize_enumeration_displays
File "ast.py", line 108, in literal_eval
File "ast.py", line 97, in _convert
File "ast.py", line 107, in _convert
File "ast.py", line 81, in _convert_signed_num
File "ast.py", line 72, in _convert_num
File "ast.py", line 69, in _raise_malformed_node
ValueError: malformed node or string on line 1: <ast.Name object at 0x000001F4965604C0>
If I delete the CALM library folder and do the steps again the only thing that changes is that hex address at the end of the error.

Also, the after a few attempts at deleting and trying again the whole CALM window now disappears without throwing an error when I click "Get All Source Library/Custom Column Combinations" (after it stops responding for a bit)

Also, if I try to sort by the "activate for generation" column in the "Selectively Activate Source Library/Custom Column Combinations" view I get the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 6.11.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QTableView.sortByColumn(): argument 2 has unexpected type 'int'

calibre 6.11 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17763')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17763', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: [REMOVED FOR BREVITY]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. cc_activation_list_editor", line 308, in header_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. cc_activation_list_editor", line 312, in do_sort_by_name
TypeError: QTableView.sortByColumn(): argument 2 has unexpected type 'int'
Chirishman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags