Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #271
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation, Lenovo c330 Chromebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You referred to the update as "today's update" so I thought it was a quick fix to the new problem with split words.
I think it was just a quick update since the date on the Play Store was not changed. Heck I think I have updated at least 2 times since the most recent(date shown on Play Store)major update
I did the update on the 20th then I received 2 maybe 3 more update notifications after this update, which I thought was odd, but who knows.
snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #272
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
I think it was just a quick update since the date on the Play Store was not changed. Heck I think I have updated at least 2 times since the most recent(date shown on Play Store)major update
I did the update on the 20th then I received 2 maybe 3 more update notifications after this update, which I thought was odd, but who knows.
But how do you update if the update date hasn't change? I have notification turned off for everything so I don't know how that works. The Play store shows 2.3.1 as being the current version and that came out on 12-20.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #273
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Quote:
But how do you update if the update date hasn't change? I have notification turned off for everything so I don't know how that works. The Play store shows 2.3.1 as being the current version and that came out on 12-20.
Sorry took me so long to get back to you. When you go to the Play Store it will still show the same date & version, but you should see where it says uninstall or update
Old 01-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #274
jwiv
jwiv doesn't litterjwiv doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7 (2012)
Just want to say thanks for the high res downloads - they are fantastic.

I'm now testing out a mix of the canvas texture + roboto slab regular (http://www.1001fonts.com/roboto-slab-font.html#styles) which seems to be nicely readable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-01-13-45-20.png
Views:	324
Size:	898.2 KB
ID:	117430  
jwiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #275
snoozer
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiv View Post
Just want to say thanks for the high res downloads - they are fantastic.

I'm now testing out a mix of the canvas texture + roboto slab regular (http://www.1001fonts.com/roboto-slab-font.html#styles) which seems to be nicely readable.
Thanks, I going to give that font a try. I really like the canvas texture when at the gym, seems to eliminate the glare from the florescent lighting.
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #276
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Ok, this seems like something I should know.....I can turn the brightness down on my tablet, but it remains unchanged in Moon+ Pro. Is there a separate setting somewhere in Moon to lower the brightness? I can't find it.

Oh for goodness sake. I tried to find it one more time, and I found it.

For others who may be looking, it's in settings, more operations, and all the way at the bottom, brightness.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #277
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Ok, this seems like something I should know.....I can turn the brightness down on my tablet, but it remains unchanged in Moon+ Pro. Is there a separate setting somewhere in Moon to lower the brightness? I can't find it.

Oh for goodness sake. I tried to find it one more time, and I found it.

For others who may be looking, it's in settings, more operations, and all the way at the bottom, brightness.
You can add it to the menu toolbar or you can just swiped the left edge of the screen.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #278
Ken Ahepyu
Ken Ahepyu began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
I may be dense, having just started with Moon+ Reader Pro, after trying many other readers out there for a variety of Android devices... I just assumed that MPRP would remember the position where I'd read up to, as other programs seem to automatically do.
Sometimes it does, but maybe only 5 times out of 7. Otherwise, I have to try to do that manually, and usually end up reading a few pages that I've already read until I can find my place once again. I'm getting in the habit of bookmarking where I'm leaving off (which always seems to automatically return me to that spot...) but as I sometimes forget to do this, is there some kind of option/setting that I'm missing that might auto bookmark where I've gotten to in my reading? I'd find that mondo-useful. Thanks from the newest newbie on the block. Ken
Ken Ahepyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #279
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ahepyu View Post
I may be dense, having just started with Moon+ Reader Pro, after trying many other readers out there for a variety of Android devices... I just assumed that MPRP would remember the position where I'd read up to, as other programs seem to automatically do.
Sometimes it does, but maybe only 5 times out of 7. Otherwise, I have to try to do that manually, and usually end up reading a few pages that I've already read until I can find my place once again. I'm getting in the habit of bookmarking where I'm leaving off (which always seems to automatically return me to that spot...) but as I sometimes forget to do this, is there some kind of option/setting that I'm missing that might auto bookmark where I've gotten to in my reading? I'd find that mondo-useful. Thanks from the newest newbie on the block. Ken
I've never had that happen. Even books that I delete and re-add still open to where I left off. I used to be able to have my place saved on a different device, but that hasn't worked for me for a long time. I rarely do that so it's not a real problem, but it would be nice occasionally. I think it stopped when I started using Calibre Companion.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #280
Ken Ahepyu

Quote:
I've never had that happen. Even books that I delete and re-add still open to where I left off. I used to be able to have my place saved on a different device, but that hasn't worked for me for a long time. I rarely do that so it's not a real problem, but it would be nice occasionally. I think it stopped when I started using Calibre Companion.
Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping that someone can find a solution. Otherwise I'm going to have to do the bookmark thing every time I stop reading... just like with a 'real' book.. Ha!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #281
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
I would back up Moon+ and all books from it, then uninstall it, and re-install, bacause I have never seen the issue you mention. Definitely not Moon's everyday behaviour.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #282
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Also never had that happen that I recall. I suppose you can try emailing the dev at seanyword @ gmail.com but I'd guess an uninstall/reinstall will be the first thing you're asked to try.

Another "solution" might be to set it up to sync location via DropBox and see if that helps it remember things. Not a real solution to the overall problem, but might be something that works besides bookmarks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:14 AM   #283
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ahepyu View Post
Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping that someone can find a solution. Otherwise I'm going to have to do the bookmark thing every time I stop reading... just like with a 'real' book.. Ha!
Which version are you using the lastest? It's the pro or free? I am guessing this is happening on your Transformer?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #284
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
...I used to be able to have my place saved on a different device, but that hasn't worked for me for a long time. I rarely do that so it's not a real problem, but it would be nice occasionally. I think it stopped when I started using Calibre Companion.
Syncing via Dropbox has worked well for me. I have Dropbox as an app and account on both my tablet and phone. In Moon+ (Pro), go to Settiongs, then Miscellaneous, and then (way down near the bottom of the list) enable "Sync reading positions via Dropbox". When I open a book for the first time on a device, before I close it I go down the the bottom of the Miscellaneous settings list and select "Backup." (With "Sync reading positions..." enabled, that initial manual backup may not be necessary but it can't hurt.)
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #285
Ken Ahepyu

Thanks for the replies. I've been using M+ Reader Pro 2.26, but now see there is an update to 2.3.3 and yes, I'm using the Transformer Pad. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app already. Strangely, since I've brought the issue up, it hasn't failed once (yet) to take me back to where I left off... sans bookmarks! I'm going to hope that it was a momentary glitch and has resolved itself, or will after I've updated (after my device backup is done).

I'm out of the country for the rest of the month and won't be able to participate here until I'm back home, but thanks again for your interest and help, folks. Ken