Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #271
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool re-read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I have a few games (maybe 4 or 5) and I used to have them in a collection until i realized that I wasn't really playing them anymore. I'd have a hard time finding them now without scrolling page by page.

I know! At this rate I'll never finish the Dresden Files series. Not this year anyway.
i just started my re-read of dead beat.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #272
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool fiddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I don't think the K4s will be in stores anytime soon. Amazon wants a few months to see how they sell probably.
yeah, you're most likely correct, i wasn't gonna' purchase one, just wanted to fiddle with the demo a bit.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #273
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Oh my gosh! Some guys would rather be seen buying feminine hygiene products.
He does that too every month I don't get out much just for the doctors. Last time I sent him to B&N he came back with two copies. Said just in case one was defected.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #274
flourish
Enthusiast
flourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura about

Device: kindle NT, Samsung galaxy reverb
Blossom, I bought a $10 case for a Sony prs300 at Walmart. It had a plastice spine inside to hold the Sony in place. I yanked that out and put in velcro to keep the kindle in place. The case fit the kindle without any overhang from the case. It's not perfect but it was dirt cheap, easy to find locally, and does the job of protecting my kindle for now.

I think most cases for Sony prs300s would work.
flourish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #275
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I don't think the K4s will be in stores anytime soon. Amazon wants a few months to see how they sell probably.
Not sure about that. I got an e-mail today from Best Buy (electronics retailer in U.S.) saying "Pre order at any Best Buy store Kindle Family arriving soon."
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #276
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Their Kindle Touch Lighted Leather Cove is currently listed at $60.00, so..... *shrug*

Personally, I'm not that crazy about the cover and I dislike the very limited colors. I know for a fact that I would not dish $59.99 for the 4 they have listed there. Maybe if they had a lovely blue or pretty red, I might reconsider but only because I really like the light.

Regardless of colors, I hope this isn't the only style they're going to offer.

Damm! that's expensive, but I like it though, the cover I mean.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #277
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flourish View Post
Blossom, I bought a $10 case for a Sony prs300 at Walmart. It had a plastice spine inside to hold the Sony in place. I yanked that out and put in velcro to keep the kindle in place. The case fit the kindle without any overhang from the case. It's not perfect but it was dirt cheap, easy to find locally, and does the job of protecting my kindle for now.

I think most cases for Sony prs300s would work.
Thanks I'll have to look at the local WalMart if I don't win the auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Not sure about that. I got an e-mail today from Best Buy (electronics retailer in U.S.) saying "Pre order at any Best Buy store Kindle Family arriving soon."
Oh Wow that's so cool! Just in time for Black Friday I bet! I hate that my birthday (Nov 29) falls right after Black Friday. I can never get what I want unless I buy it early.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #278
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
A two character password

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
25, that's nothing. Mine's 63. But as others point out you only need to enter it one time.
... but '63' is only two characters and fairly insecure...
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #279
jermyzy
Enthusiast
jermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I wonder if the two items are shipping from different locations or even by different suppliers? I've bought stuff on Amazon that ships directly from another supplier rather than an Amazon warehouse.

Do you have a link to the cover you bought? I want to take a look as they haven't shipped my cover yet and I might like the other one better.
http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Kindle...YZ5E/ref=_3_20

Item is listed as in-stock and being sold by amazon.com . Not sure what it means by TSA-approved though?
jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #280
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I personally don't see the point of buying a cheap, thin, light gizmo only to slap an expensive, thick, heavy cover on it. I rather go commando

Besides, it's not like I'm sticking it in my back pocket, which the kindle ads clearly show I can do!
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #281
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
K3 definitely benefited from a cover (I found it too slippery otherwise and the lighted cover is awesome), but I'm going to wait and see on the KT. Don't want to deal with more bulk than necessary, and Nook Touch has been fine without one.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #282
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I want one for protection. I am looking for a sleeve to slip it in when not reading. I'm, not going to pay those prices though.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #283
eolake
Enthusiast
eolake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank gawd, I'm not the only one who feels the screen contrast is/has been totally insufficient. I've been bitching about it on eReaderJoy, but almost never seeing it mentioned in articles.
Sounds good that it's better, but to my mind it will have to be a nearly white background for it to be really good.
eolake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #284
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eolake View Post
Thank gawd, I'm not the only one who feels the screen contrast is/has been totally insufficient. I've been bitching about it on eReaderJoy, but almost never seeing it mentioned in articles.
Sounds good that it's better, but to my mind it will have to be a nearly white background for it to be really good.
White background would hurt my eyes. Not ever paperbacks have a white background.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #285
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
I just found out today the $79 does not have audio.

While not a total deal killer It is a disappointment
since I like to listen to audio books.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote