Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #271
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Yep.

The default example ini doesn't have dramione.org, but the 'defaults.ini' does:
Code:
[dramione.org]
## Some sites require login (or login for some rated stories) The
## program can prompt you, or you can save it in config.  In
## commandline version, this should go in your personal.ini, not
## defaults.ini.
#username:YourName
#password:yourpassword
Old 05-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #272
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
I think Calibre doesn't update personal.ini if previously modified. So, yeah, the format for it should be the same as for the other sites.
Advert
Old 05-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #273
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2e, Kobo Libra Colour, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Yep.

The default example ini doesn't have dramione.org, but the 'defaults.ini' does:
Code:
[dramione.org]
## defaults.ini.
#username:YourName
#password:yourpassword
I used this code and entered in my info, but it's still prompting me for the username/password every time. Am I wrong thinking that this is supposed to override my having to do that for each link? This is the first time I've used FFDL with a site requiring a login.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #274
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post
I used this code and entered in my info, but it's still prompting me for the username/password every time. Am I wrong thinking that this is supposed to override my having to do that for each link? This is the first time I've used FFDL with a site requiring a login.
Code:
[dramione.org]
## defaults.ini.
username:YourRealName
password:yourRealPassword
I assume you uncommented the lines as well as filled them in?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #275
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2e, Kobo Libra Colour, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Code:
[dramione.org]
## defaults.ini.
username:YourRealName
password:yourRealPassword
I assume you uncommented the lines as well as filled them in?
You assume wrongly because I am a terribly silly person who should not be given computer access. LOL

I will now go uncomment the lines. And read fanfic. Lots of fanfic!
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #276
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Thanks for another great update! So glad that the Dramione site was added.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #277
Zauberlehrling!
Zauberlehrling! began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Keyboard
Absolut fantastic. I love your work, guys (and girls, if there some involved). Thanks a thousand times. Keep up that great work.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #278
amandamarie1979
amandamarie1979 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Plug-In is great, but.......

I love this plug-in, thank you so much!!

Only thing I wish was that there was some way to get rid of the Author notes/Thank You's/Comments etc... that are included in the fan fiction stories. Anytime you download a story from FictionPress or FanFiction.Net you sometimes get paragraphs of text between each chapter that you do not need. I usually have to use Sigli to edit it all out which is incredibly tedious.

Aside from that the plug-in overall is great and makes downloading the stories 10 times easier...lol at least for those not as anal about editing as I am
Old 05-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #279
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Zauberlehrling!, amandamarie1979 -- Thanks, glad you like it.

amandamarie1979 -- As for removing author notes, there's really no way for FFDL to reliably tell the difference between story text and author notes on ffnet or fpcom.

At least when using epub story update, your existing chapters won't be overwritten so you only have to edit them once.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #280
amandamarie1979
amandamarie1979 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
JimmXinu - Yeah I figured that, bummer

Being able to update without having to start from scratch is an awesome feature though......keep up the great work and thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #281
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

So I'm curious--does anyone else use the Reading List integration features? Because I consider that one of the best features.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #282
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

I personally don't. Considered it a couple of times, but it seems too complicated to set up, for something that doesn't take much effort to do myself.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #283
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Hrm. Well, if you (a very technically competent user) consider too complicated, perhaps I need to revisit it. Or at least how it's configured. I did try to document it.

OTOH, maybe I'm alone in regularly having a dozen updates on my 'to read' list and three devices to keep in sync.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #284
iatheia
Zealot

It isn't really the implementation, it is the Reading List plugin in general which needs to be configured prior. I can see the benefits in it, but every time I open its settings, I don't particularly want to bother. This would be different if I had several devices like you, or even if my library in Calibre wasn't exactly mirrored on the device.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #285
AmberDragon
AmberDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
The Reading List integration is great for me, since I don't sync everytime I grab a story update. It's so much easier to have FFDL pass everything to a list and one-click sync that than it is to sort by date, highlight the updated entries (if I even remember how far back to highlight), then sync those to my device.

On another note, though, would it be possible for an option to check for local series metadata when generating a title page? I know some archives don't have a series tag to grab, but if I manually tag several stories into a series, it would be great if the title pages would reflect that.
Closed Thread