Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-30-2023, 09:51 AM   #2746
Haplo65
Haplo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo HD GLO / Clara 2E
FYI : I have the same error as HydroGuy, I have rebooted my Kobo Clara 2E, I am in 2.16.10 version of KoboUtilities (I've unchecked the "Check Kobo firmware updates Daily") and Calibre 6.25.0 (Portable) on Win10 Pro :

Failed to update Kobo firmware: Failed: Downloading Kobo firmware update

HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 123, in do_check_firmware_update
File "urllib\request.py", line 216, in urlopen
File "urllib\request.py", line 525, in open
File "urllib\request.py", line 634, in http_response
File "urllib\request.py", line 563, in error
File "urllib\request.py", line 496, in _call_chain
File "urllib\request.py", line 643, in http_error_default
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

I am going to update via the manual solution.

Last edited by Haplo65; 08-30-2023 at 09:55 AM.
Haplo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 04:17 PM   #2747
ChrisI
Connoisseur
ChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo H2O, Libre 2
Same error as HydroGuy and Haplo65 on my Libra 2.

calibre, version 6.25.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)

File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 123, in do_check_firmware_update
ChrisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2023, 09:38 PM   #2748
jwhittin
Enthusiast
jwhittin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Same here on a Clara HD.

Kobo Utilities v2.16.10.

calibre, version 6.26.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)

jwhittin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 04:36 AM   #2749
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use the following link to download Kobo firmware and manually install it.

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

To manually install the firmware, put the contents of the firmware ZIP file in the .kobo directory on your Kobo and then it will install the firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 07:58 AM   #2750
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Also, disable the firmware check in the Kobo Utilities > Customize Plugin > Devices > Firmware update options or the error will recur.

For those unaware, this plugin sadly no longer has an official maintainer, though community members have contributed patches.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2023, 05:10 AM   #2751
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Also, disable the firmware check in the Kobo Utilities > Customize Plugin > Devices > Firmware update options or the error will recur.

For those unaware, this plugin sadly no longer has an official maintainer, though community members have contributed patches.
The thing to do is leave the check for new firmware on and then go tho the the firmware site to download and manually update the firmware. The check for new firmware in Kobo Utilities still works. So you'd know of a new firmware even though you cannot use Kobo Utilities to load it on your Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 03:06 PM   #2752
ChrisI
Connoisseur
ChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo H2O, Libre 2
Quote:

It has been a year, and I had no idea. Thank you for the link.
ChrisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:33 PM   #2753
jwhittin
Enthusiast

Quote:

I had head the sad news but was unaware that meant the plugin was no longer being maintained. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:34 PM   #2754
jwhittin
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Use the following link to download Kobo firmware and manually install it.

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

To manually install the firmware, put the contents of the firmware ZIP file in the .kobo directory on your Kobo and then it will install the firmware.
Many thanks. Tried that and it worked perfectly.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:51 PM   #2755
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Does someone have a network sniffer that could monitor a Kobo Sync and find our where it is NOW going for the check? api.kobo.com is bad
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 05:01 AM   #2756
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Or a proxy server with logging will do it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:36 PM   #2757
wut_do
wut_do began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Does someone have a network sniffer that could monitor a Kobo Sync and find our where it is NOW going for the check? api.kobo.com is bad
I can check this later today when I have a bit more time but it looks like when I press sync on my Kobo Glo (version 4.38.21908), I see it make four requests:
  • storeapi.kobo.com
  • www.kobo.com
  • api.kobobooks.com
  • kbdownload1-a.akamaihd.net

When I'm off work, I can see if I can set up something to capture the actual requests being made.

Last edited by wut_do; 09-14-2023 at 02:39 PM.
wut_do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:49 PM   #2758
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Looks like it might be a new domain for the api.kobobooks.com
My initial URL (above) was wrong. The PI has this one

Last edited by theducks; 09-14-2023 at 02:58 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 05:25 PM   #2759
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Problem: When using "Set Reader Font", the Get Configuration from Device button failed with a complaint about being unable to read the settings file.

Solution: Go to DeviceRoot\.kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf and open it in a text editor. Then look closer at the error message.

In my case, there was apparently a duplicated LastLibrarySubFilter entry, so I just deleted all of those under [ApplicationPreferences] and that fixed it.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 09:09 AM   #2760
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Kobo Utils - fails download of fresh firmware

Latest version of Kobo Utilities. Tried for check and update.. It shows there is an available update but it fails to download it .

calibre, version 6.27.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)

Quote:

Any ideas what is going on here and how to overcome it.

BobC

I've just found another thread about this and the temporary workround.

Last edited by BobC; 09-30-2023 at 09:16 AM. Reason: found others with same problem
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins