Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-15-2023, 02:25 PM   #2731
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Could Kobo Utilities modify the database so that only currently downloaded authors are in the database? I primarily sideload and don't have many books on my Kobo, and yet there a lot authors when I go to the Authors tab under My Books.

And also a similar request for series.

I'm guessing that this could be done with some SQL statements/joins.

Thank you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 08:40 AM   #2732
nAhu
Enthusiast
nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: Kobo Glo (kobo4) / Kobo Libra Colour (kobo11)
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Could Kobo Utilities modify the database so that only currently downloaded authors are in the database? I primarily sideload and don't have many books on my Kobo, and yet there a lot authors when I go to the Authors tab under My Books.
Weird, I mainly sideload also and not having this.
And I think it is more a "job" for the driver "koboTouch", "koboglo" or "Kobo Touch Extended Driver" like the automatic creation of shelves/collections.
What is the setting in here ?
nAhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2023, 09:07 AM   #2733
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAhu View Post
Hi,

Weird, I mainly sideload also and not having this.
And I think it is more a "job" for the driver "koboTouch", "koboglo" or "Kobo Touch Extended Driver" like the automatic creation of shelves/collections.
What is the setting in here ?
I'm not sure where it should go, but I pictured it as something that wasn't automatic, but only done once in a while.

I have a bunch of old library loans that for some reason are in "my books" on the Kobo website. I have 4 pages of books in "My books" on the kobo website.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:16 AM   #2734
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I think that when you return a loan, Kobo sticks a Preview of the book on your account/device (possibly in case you have notes in the book?). If you actually delete those returned books (move them from My Books to your Archive), do your spurious authors go away?
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 12:57 PM   #2735
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I think that when you return a loan, Kobo sticks a Preview of the book on your account/device (possibly in case you have notes in the book?). If you actually delete those returned books (move them from My Books to your Archive), do your spurious authors go away?
The library books are old, probably 2 years old, and there are quite a few of them. There are also some older purchased books. Someone else suggested archiving, but as far as I can tell, you can only archive one book at a time, which would be tedious. I did try removing the books from the reader UI, but it didn't make a difference.

I used a SQL statement on the contents table, and it looks like I got what I want.
Advert
Old 08-20-2023, 12:00 PM   #2736
HydroGuy
HydroGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
kobo update not working

the 403 forbidden error on update checking is resolved but any actual attempt to update fails also with the same error.

calibre, version 6.25.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to update Kobo firmware: Failed: Downloading Kobo firmware update

HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 123, in do_check_firmware_update
File "urllib\request.py", line 216, in urlopen
File "urllib\request.py", line 525, in open
File "urllib\request.py", line 634, in http_response
File "urllib\request.py", line 563, in error
File "urllib\request.py", line 496, in _call_chain
File "urllib\request.py", line 643, in http_error_default
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 12:25 PM   #2737
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
the 403 forbidden error on update checking is resolved but any actual attempt to update fails also with the same error.

calibre, version 6.25.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to update Kobo firmware: Failed: Downloading Kobo firmware update

HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 123, in do_check_firmware_update
File "urllib\request.py", line 216, in urlopen
File "urllib\request.py", line 525, in open
File "urllib\request.py", line 634, in http_response
File "urllib\request.py", line 563, in error
File "urllib\request.py", line 496, in _call_chain
File "urllib\request.py", line 643, in http_error_default
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
Is your version of Kobo Utilities updated? There was an error with the firmware link and it's been fixed in the latest version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 12:32 PM   #2738
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Eh! Did you update the Kobo plugins?
This was a problem that should have been fixed a while back. (works fine for my Aura2)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 11:32 AM   #2739
HydroGuy
HydroGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
yes - plugin is v2.16.10
tried a clean install of calibre and plugins on different computer - same behaviour.
fails with identical error as well on a Forma
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:10 PM   #2740
damvcoool
damvcoool began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi (N647B)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is your version of Kobo Utilities updated? There was an error with the firmware link and it's been fixed in the latest version.

I just got the same error with a Kobo Mini
damvcoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 02:26 AM   #2741
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by damvcoool View Post
I just got the same error with a Kobo Mini
Perhaps due to Kobo Mini not accepting new firmwares?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 06:46 AM   #2742
Haplo65
Haplo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo HD GLO / Clara 2E
Hi,

The new Firmware from Kobo does not show up under Calibre and Kobo utilities, is it normal , please ? Do KoboUtilities plugin waits a while until Kobo firmware still present on the repo ?
Thank you
Haplo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:07 AM   #2743
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haplo65 View Post
Hi,

The new Firmware from Kobo does not show up under Calibre and Kobo utilities, is it normal , please ? Do KoboUtilities plugin waits a while until Kobo firmware still present on the repo ?
Thank you
Firmware releases are staggered. But you can manually side load the firmware.

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Old 08-29-2023, 07:31 AM   #2744
Haplo65
Haplo65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo HD GLO / Clara 2E
Thank you for your quick answer @JSWolf

I know the repo url, I will use it if the KoboUtilities plugin does not show up the update.

Have a nice day
Haplo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:32 AM   #2745
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haplo65 View Post
Thank you for your quick answer @JSWolf

I know the repo url, I will use it if the KoboUtilities plugin does not show up the update.

Have a nice day
Kobo Utilities will eventually show the update. So you can wait or you can do it manually.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins