Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #256
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
DOUBLE UP

2 FOR 1 SALE

Shop this collection of exceptional listens and get 2 books for every 1 credit.

Sale ends January 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT US

https://www.audible.com/sp/2for1

Quote:
Only credit purchases are eligible for this sale. To redeem this offer, follow the link provided and add two audiobooks to the cart from the selection provided. When you check out, you will be able to purchase both audiobooks for one credit - either by using a credit you have, or by purchasing one at the time of check out. Offer is for Audible members only. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Sale ends January 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT (US).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	332
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	154515  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #257
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Daily Deals -- exp 26 Jan
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 12:42 AM   #258
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 27 Jan
  • £2.99 -- Imperium -- Robert Harris --> historical
Old 01-27-2017, 12:47 AM   #259
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
DOUBLE UP

2 FOR 1 SALE

Shop this collection of exceptional listens and get 2 books for every 1 credit.

Sale ends January 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT US

https://www.audible.com/sp/2for1
Thanks - added to OP
Old 01-27-2017, 01:28 AM   #260
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
This month's PRH freebie is up on their Volumes app or at the Facebook page. The title is "Eat It to Beat It!" by David Zinczenko, and the site says it will be free for 48 hours from today.

Quote:
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Eat the World’s Most Delicious Foods—and Start Dropping Pounds Today!

Discover thousands of shocking food truths to help flatten your belly fast—and get you on the path to better health!

ABC News Nutrition and Wellness editor Dave Zinczenko, author of the multimillion-copy bestselling Eat This, Not That! series, blows the lid off the bizarre, unnecessary, and shocking ingredients in many common brands, and shows you how making smart choices about the foods you love—including burgers, pizza, and chocolate—can help you lose weight, drop blood pressure, boost your immune system, and more. - See more at: http://www.penguinrandomhouseaudio.c....QEDtK9gg.dpuf
Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Thanks - added to OP

More details:

This offer also includes a free PDF ebook

FREE -- Eat It to Beat It! --> exp 27 Jan @ 11:59 AM ET

FREE -- PDF eBook

Quote:
Need some extra motivation to keep up with your resolution? We've got you covered! This month we're giving away the audio of EAT IT TO BEAT IT! by David Zinczenko.

Click here to download: https://app.snapapp.com/EatItToBeatIt

NOTE: You can also listen on your phone when you download the Volumes app. Free on the App Store℠ for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® in the U.S. and Canada.

Offer is for 48 hours and ends on January 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM ET.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-27-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 02:40 AM   #261
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
The freebies from Audible continue to come fast and furious this month. This one ties in with the above post. You can get "Crackanory Too Cracked for TV" (an Audible exclusive) for free if you go here. I don't know for certain if these are in the above first collection, but my suspicion is that it is separate and original.
Thanks - added to OP
Old 01-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #262
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 27 Jan
Old 01-28-2017, 12:09 AM   #263
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 28 Jan

* All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully

* PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying photographs will be available in your My Library section along with the audio.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #264
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 28 Jan
Old 01-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #265
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
<snip>
BN Nook --> $9.99 -- Hamilton: The Revolution -- L Miranda & J McCarter --> musical
I think that this not only is/was a musical, but is/was also on Broadway. If this is the same musical, I was really impressed by it from viewing a short documentary piece that I saw about it (on 60 Minutes, I think).

If I am correct about the above information, I think that a video of the Broadway show, if available, would be far more desirable than having just the audio alone. Of course, even better than that would be to see the Broadway show, if it is still running.

Sorry about all of the "think so's" above, but I thought that if what I said was correct, it would be giving a real valuable piece of information to peeps.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:31 PM   #266
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I think that this not only is/was a musical, but is/was also on Broadway. If this is the same musical, I was really impressed by it from viewing a short documentary piece that I saw about it (on 60 Minutes, I think).

If I am correct about the above information, I think that a video of the Broadway show, if available, would be far more desirable than having just the audio alone. Of course, even better than that would be to see the Broadway show, if it is still running.

Sorry about all of the "think so's" above, but I thought that if what I said was correct, it would be giving a real valuable piece of information to peeps.
Hamilton is a monster hit. It won virtually all the Tonys and the Pulitzer. It will run for the foreseeable future on Broadway and on the road. I honestly don't see how someone could not be aware of it.

The audiobook is not an audio of the show, but a book about the musical.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:29 PM   #267
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
One of the greatest dark fantasy novels ever written Weaveworld by Clive Barker is on sale for .99 cents for the eBook and $1.99 for the audiobook. This is one of my favorite books of all time and if me ears could smile they would be grinning brow to brow.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:08 PM   #268
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Hamilton is a monster hit. It won virtually all the Tonys and the Pulitzer. It will run for the foreseeable future on Broadway and on the road. I honestly don't see how someone could not be aware of it.
Not everyone has any interest in theater.

The only reason why I've heard of it was because of the political furor when one of the cast members made a personal message to Pence, who was in the audience.

To be fair, I've just about stopped watching television since mid-2012. Probably have turned it on 3-4 times per year since then. I read the paper for most news, but skip the "Arts" section.

I'm not sure I could name 4 movies that were released last year, either.

I'd say I'm turning into a hermit, but I actually have a day-job.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #269
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

The audiobook is not an audio of the show, but a book about the musical.
Thank you for all of the additional information and the confirmed information. I wouldn't have been aware of the show at all except for the 60 Minutes piece, and seeing it was pretty much unplanned. But no one has ever accused me of being cultured. ha

Thanks for the information about the audio. That makes a whole lot more sense. However, after seeing the 60 Minutes piece, I have to think that some visual medium is far preferable to listening to an audio about a show with a very strong visual element. I would advise a person to look for a good recorded video documentary about the show. Even if he or she could find the segment from 60 Minutes on YouTube, or somewhere, that would be preferable, IMHO.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:29 AM   #270
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
If you're a Prime member, you can stream the Hamilton cast album for free at Amazon. I am a fan of Alexander Hamilton, I'm glad that the musical has revived interest in the man and his contributions to the U.S., but after about three minutes of listening to the album my ears hurt and I had to give up.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote