Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #256
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation, Lenovo c330 Chromebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
For the book I am currently reading it only does it occasionally, but it's still annoying. I found that if I change the font size it fixes it for that word but it will then split different words. I have both hyphenation and justify off.
That is what mine is doing too. I am going to take some screenshots showing with update & with previous version to email developer
snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #257
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
For the novices among us, how do you go back to a previous version?
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #258
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
This won't help a novice since you have to be rooted, but I use Titanium Backup. It restores all settings, including what page you were on in your book(s). This situation - an app update with an intolerable bug - is for me the biggest reason to root. I do weekly backups so a restore is never too old.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #259
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Quote:
This won't help a novice since you have to be rooted, but I use Titanium Backup. It restores all settings, including what page you were on in your book(s). This situation - an app update with an intolerable bug - is for me the biggest reason to root. I do weekly backups so a restore is never too old.
Thanks! I've never gotten brave enough to try rooting, although I have thought about it.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #260
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
For me I have a small tablet with Gingerbread that still allows you to backup Secured apps like Moon+ The N7.2 seems to be have blocked Secured app backups so I backup using ES File Explorer's App Manager to back up my apps. There's no need to be rooted to use it.

It will still work on the N7.2 for unsecure apps but for secure I use my old tablet to backup to apk.

Secure app is another word for DRM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #261
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
For me I have a small tablet with Gingerbread that still allows you to backup Secured apps like Moon+ The N7.2 seems to be have blocked Secured app backups so I backup using ES File Explorer's App Manager to back up my apps. There's no need to be rooted to use it.

It will still work on the N7.2 for unsecure apps but for secure I use my old tablet to backup to apk.

Secure app is another word for DRM.
Did today's update help you any or did you try it out? I did and still noticed a few split words.

Happy holidays
Mark
Old 12-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #262
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
Did today's update help you any or did you try it out? I did and still noticed a few split words.

Happy holidays
Mark
Nope I haven't had time to even open my tablet yet. I think I am going to stay with my current version till there is some update with a new feature that is useful to me. Right now the version I have works for me. No Complaints.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #263
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:

Happy holidays
Mark
It killed my hyphen trick. With hyphenation on, I now have hyphens (so that bug is fixed for those who wondered where their hyphens had gone), but I am back to the word splitting problem.

I turned hyphenation off, since I get split words either way.

Sad face. :-(
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #264
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
I have a Kindle Fire HD 2013. When I change the default text to speech voice in the Fire settings, it does not change for Moon+Reader Pro. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #265
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
I have a Kindle Fire HD 2013. When I change the default text to speech voice in the Fire settings, it does not change for Moon+Reader Pro. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Try changing the language for TTS (a setting separate from system language)

At least on the nexus 7, if I want moon to use the uk voice, I have to change language to english uk instead of English us.

Btw, since amazon bought Ivona, do you get Ivona voices for free by default on the fire?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #266
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post

At least on the nexus 7, if I want moon to use the uk voice, I have to change language to english uk instead of English us.

Btw, since amazon bought Ivona, do you get Ivona voices for free by default on the fire?
Yes you do.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #267
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post

That worked. Thank you.
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #268
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Happy holidays
Mark
The date in Google Play is 12-20 - did the update get pulled?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #269
snoozer
Connoisseur

Quote:
The date in Google Play is 12-20 - did the update get pulled?
Did you have the option to update?
The date wasn't changed on the Play store site, but I got a notification this morning about an update.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #270
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Did you have the option to update?
The date wasn't changed on the Play store site, but I got a notification this morning about an update.
You referred to the update as "today's update" so I thought it was a quick fix to the new problem with split words.