Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #256
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
By the way: if pressed, one could use a portable device for storage - e.g. a phone with a 250GB SD extra - and a BT bridge.
Hello Mdp,

Could you explain how to make this ?

Thanks by advance.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #257
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Could you explain how to make this ?
[If you carry around a device with a radio and an SD-card, you are carrying around a portable Network Attached Storage]
I'd love to, but I prefer to test it first with the device itself - in the process of being shipped ; )

Anyway, for now, please consider what Booxtor wrote on the 15th (below).
Note the mention of the WiFi File Transfer app (to use which I suppose you enable the other device as a "Mobile hotspot"); similar tricks can be used for the BlueTooth solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
there are many ways to transfer your content to Onyx Boox devices (including Max and Max2). You can connect a Boox to your PC using USB Storage mode (Boox appears on your PC in your file explorer as an external storage). You can create and manage your folders on the Boox in same way as you would do it on your hard disk. You can connect your Boox using WiFi File Transfer app. Boox appears on your PC as a new network storage device. You can use a content sync. and cloud programs (e.g. Dropbox). You can connect it with another device using Bluetooth ... There are no limitations.

Last edited by mdp; 12-27-2017 at 08:05 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #258
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Do you get an email when your order status changes? I don’t have access to my account right now...
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:48 PM   #259
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Do you get an email when your order status changes? I don’t have access to my account right now...
No, had to login
Old 12-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #260
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, actually I got an email - two even. It looks like I still cannot use the tracking # on the UPS site, but at least it’s been shipped.
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #261
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
How is it possible that the new onyx max book 2 doesnt have an micro SD card slot ?! I wanted to replave my onux max, bit without a SD CARD slot i cannot bring my 70 gb pdf......

Too bad
Duo you have one monstrous 70GB PDF file (plz show me one) or do you have hundreds of smaller files of 70GB combined?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #262
Icey
Connoisseur
Icey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx max
Sorry my english is not so good. I wanted to say that i have a lot of (heavy) pdf that at combined make a folder of 70 gb
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #263
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Sorry my english is not so good. I wanted to say that i have a lot of (heavy) pdf that at combined make a folder of 70 gb
Nothing wrong with your English. I understood exactly what you meant.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #264
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
By the way: if pressed, one could use a portable device for storage - e.g. a phone with a 250GB SD extra - and a BT bridge.
That would necessitate getting a phone.

The absence of an SD card slot is not critical for me. I know there are various workarounds... I just haven't been blown away by the few videos which have emerged in the way that I have been impressed by the sketching abilities on the Remarkable. Now if only the folks at Remarkable could improve the reading experience and some of the specs... I might be sorely tempted.

And since I don't need to use it as an external monitor, my current Max is meeting my needs at the moment so I don't feel the need to duplicate it.

The 10.3 "Max Mini" might appeal to me because I could slip it into a smaller bag if I'm heading out or traveling. While the weight of the Max doesn't bother me, the size can be a little inconvenient at times when I don't actually require something that large.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #265
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
That would necessitate getting a phone.
: D Which is hardly rare, LOL!
Tentative figures vary, but some compute there are 3 billions around, some compute 5 billions...
It may be a bias, but some say that in this country I am sitting on people tend to value a smartphone more than love, sex and friendship... It puzzles me then that they seem to use it to relate. Yet it's not Korea (which truth be said on average (90% + ?%)/2 (*) probably does not have a very high ranking), not the US of A where at some stage they planned ground-level traffic lights for device-compelled mesmerized pedestrians...

And, I was not even referring to my own situation - I am one of those people who does not store their data on devices that are Internet connected - but I believe this stance to be pretty rare... It was a hint thought valid for the common user.

EDIT, for the numerically obsessive: (*) is actually more like (90% * 2 + ?%)/3. It's 50 million plus 25 million people. Interestingly, Korea results at least at Canadian or Chinese usage level even counting that side of the country which was pettily segregated a few decades ago.

Quote:
And since I don't need to use it as an external monitor
Actually, neither do I, strictly speaking, but I do need the extra speed, CPU capabilities etc. - for those Android applications I would normally use on the device.
The monitor side may come handy if you need or benefit from desktop-OS applications, during travel or extensive sessions.

Last edited by mdp; 12-27-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:27 PM   #266
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Great. Copy first 10GB to read in next 2 years then erase it and copy next 10GB and if you're still alive in 14 years you might finish all your pdfs.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:36 PM   #267
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
AFAIK a PDF can have a maximum size of 2 GByte.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:13 AM   #268
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
I just haven't been blown away by the few videos which have emerged in the way that I have been impressed by the sketching abilities on the Remarkable. Now if only the folks at Remarkable could improve the reading experience and some of the specs... I might be sorely tempted.
Turing died for people's sins and he had demonstrated that computers are all-purpose machines,
and Remarkable sketches well?
Old 12-28-2017, 01:48 AM   #269
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Have you considered compressing your pdfs? there are many useful utilities for this. If you have a Mac, I recommend PDF Squeezer, available on the App Store. It can effectively reduce size by over 90%.
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:28 AM   #270
Philippe D.
Addict

Quote:
Turing died for people's sins and he had demonstrated that computers are all-purpose machines,
and Remarkable sketches well?
Well, I don’t think Turing tried to convince us that they have to be used as all-purpose machines... I’m happy to have some that are used as such, and others, with the right user-interface, can become excellent specialized devices...