Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-19-2022, 08:57 AM   #2566
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC42 View Post
I've been using KoboUtilities for a while now to organize my books into the Series section on my Kobo. Today I used "Order series shelves" (select all), get 29 shelves (Currently 26 on device), hit OK. Response:

Starting number of shelves=29
Shelves reordered =26

Why isn't all 29 shelves syncing over to the Kobo?

I've tried removing the shelves and then trying to sync them again but the shelves won't disappear.
If the collection has no books in it, or only one, the collection is skipped. It isn't included in the count of shelves ordered.

But, are you saying you are also seeing collections listed that are not on the device? If so, that should not be possible. Though, there are some internal collections used by Kobo. I am probably not filtering those out. I'd need to see the names of the extra collections to make a guess.

And you should read my comments on the usefulness of this function that I posted recently.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:08 AM   #2567
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
If I stick with 5.44 can I upgrade the plugins or is the last versions incompatible with lower version than Calibre 6?

If I go get now another plugins did the ones offer are compatible with any version of Calibre I could have?
The plugin should be compatible with calibre 3.48 and everything since. It might work with earlier versions of calibre but I do not test with it. I do all development with the current version of calibre. I will usually check the changes with 3.48 and 4.23. I'll probably add 5.44 in the future, but, at the moment, anything built for calibre 6 will work with 5.44.

And those versions numbers are important. I only support the last release of each version. There are reasons not to go up to the next version, mainly due to OS issues, but, people should at least go to the last release in the version.

For other plugins, so far the ones I look after I am handling in the same way. Other plugin developers do different things.
Advert
Old 08-20-2022, 01:22 AM   #2568
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the collection has no books in it, or only one, the collection is skipped. It isn't included in the count of shelves ordered.
Sorting fewer than two items is trivial.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #2569
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is anybody else able to confirm this issue?

While fetching reading status with 'prompt to store,' I unchecked one of the books (opened by mistake). However, it stored the new reading date anyways.

I'm hoping I just misclicked and re-checked it, but it's also possible that all the changes to Calibre broke it.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-21-2022 at 02:02 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:47 PM   #2570
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is anybody else able to confirm this issue?

While fetching reading status with 'prompt to store,' I unchecked one of the books (opened by mistake). However, it stored the new reading date anyways.

I'm hoping I just misclicked and re-checked it, but it's also possible that all the changes to Calibre broke it.
I'll confirm it. Latest Calibre and PI on Windows 11. Had 3 books with changed reading location. Unchecked one, but all three still updated location.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2022, 12:59 PM   #2571
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Doesn't seem to be user error then. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
Old 08-22-2022, 01:44 PM   #2572
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
I'll confirm it. Latest Calibre and PI on Windows 11. Had 3 books with changed reading location. Unchecked one, but all three still updated location.
Maybe you needed to restart Calibre after the uncheck.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:29 PM   #2573
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe you needed to restart Calibre after the uncheck.
Have you even used the option before? Because that makes no bloody sense. The dialog comes up when you connect a device and gives you the option to uncheck certain books to not update them. Furthermore, it was working before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-08-22 15_32_31-Show Reading Position Changes.png
Views:	762
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	196033  

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-22-2022 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #2574
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Have you even used the option before? Because that makes no bloody sense. The dialog comes up when you connect a device and gives you the option to uncheck certain books to not update them.

It was working before.
I've not used that feature. I do sometimes sync the reading positions. But I do that manually.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:37 PM   #2575
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I was able to confirm it again, though: pressing 'clear all' and then ok updates the books.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #2576
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I was able to confirm it again, though: pressing 'clear all' and then ok updates the books.
Yep, it's broken. Something in the way the check boxes are handled changed in Qt6. I fixed it for the Annotations plugin, so I just need to check what I did there. It might be a few days before I can look at it.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #2577
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

For now, I found that 'cancel' prevents it. Then you can restore bookmark on the books you don't want and then re-connect.
Old 08-25-2022, 01:43 AM   #2578
Minotaur
Enthusiast
Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the automatic store is being done and showing books with updated status, then pressing the OK button should update all the books shown in the list. The books will have a check against them. If the books are being unchecked somehow, then they will not be updated.

The only thing I can think of is if the automatic store is using a profile that is different to the one used by the manual store. The profiles set which columns to use for each value stored. If automatic store isn't storing the values that are used in the checks, then the next check will not see any difference.

Other than that, nothing comes to mind. If checking the configuration doesn't show anything, run calibre in debug mode, connect the device and do the stores, then close calibre and post the full debug log. Hopefully I will be able see the problem from that.
Logfile is attached. There's 2 runs there. The first "completes" two books and updates the position of a third. The second run is straight after a disconnect/reconnect of my Forma. The two books that were completed on the first run come up again. All relevant checkboxes to store changes are checked. Sorry it took so long to post my response.
Attached Files
File Type: zip log.zip (575.1 KB, 358 views)
Minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 11:40 AM   #2579
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
So I hope it's not too soon or insensitive to ask at this point, but, with the plugin author's passing, is someone going to be able to maintain this utility?
Cactus Chef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #2580
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I was wondering that myself. There's still the checkbox bug.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins