Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #241
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Thank you once again! Love the new Cover options.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #242
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Testing support for a new site:

"The WWOMB" http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php

This is a bit different than others--there's several unrelated areas under the domain squidge.org. This is support only for stories in the eFiction instance under squidge.org/peja.

This necessitated some changes to the internals and will require more if we ever want to add support for additional sites under squidge.org.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-12-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #243
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2e, Kobo Libra Colour, Kindle Paperwhite
I got an email this morning from the mod of the 852 Prospect Archive (I'm a member of the TS mailing list) and it seems there are plans in place to move the entire archive over to Archive of Our Own. I'm not sure when this will take place, but I'm looking forward to it!

I thought I'd pass word along since 852 is on your list of possible sites to include in future.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #244
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I've made a notation to the list.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #245
bb63
bb63 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
hi all. i'm very new to calibre and to the plug in concept!

love all the work you guys do here!!!

are there any plans to add live journal to this?
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #246
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@bb63 - Glad you like it.

As for live journal, nope. From what I've seen it really isn't meant to be a story system. But if you can give me several URLs to live journal stories, I might reconsider it.

There are other tools available. Another user said: "...Squeebook.net is an online tool that grabs/formats stories from livejournal/dreamwidth journals." The GrabMyBooks FireFox plugin is another possibility.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-11-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #247
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
fanfiction.net downloaded stories

Hi,

I just found the plugin but fell in love with it already. I have a support question/request.
I downloaded a great deal of stories from fanfiction net via the deffnetizer program or the ficsavers.com website. Both of those put the story url at the beginning of the story text in id:xxxxxxx link format. Is there a way to make the "get URLs from selected books" option recognize those links as "url:" identifiers? I don't want to troll through all of my nearly 150 epubs for those urls.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #248
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Firedancer885 - Hmm. Not a bad idea. Can you provide a (preferably smallish) example of each?
Old 05-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #249
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@Firedancer885 - Hmm. Not a bad idea. Can you provide a (preferably smallish) example of each?
Ok, I've run into a snag. I thought the ficsavers.com site uses the same template as the deffnetizer program but it doesn't. The ficsavers.com template uses a botched up url It's "story name" by "author", and the story name is the link to the story. Only some slashes are missing along with the chapter number

Harrowed uses the id:xxxxxxx template, The Leap uses "story name" by "author". I'd be thankful for any help.

ps: And then I realize not all of the ficsavers.com stories have botched up urls. Sorry
Attached Files
File Type: epub Harrowed - San Antonio Rose.epub (46.4 KB, 196 views)
File Type: epub The Leap - San Antonio Rose.epub (35.5 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by Firedancer885; 05-12-2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: found some more info
Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #250
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I've looked at deffnetizer and ficsavers.com a bit. Neither outputs epub directly, so apparently you've already converted from html to epub.

The deffnetizer epub you posted does contain a proper story URL, but that depends on the output template used. The first two templates I tried, "Default Template" and "Minimal" do not include the story URL anywhere.

The ficsaver.com epub you posted, as you say, contains a broken version of the story URL. Although it looks like that may only be a problem with ffnet stories.

All told:
  • The user would have to have converted the story to epub;
  • Then the plugin would have to scan at least the first three html files (cover page, ToC/splash page and first real page) for URLs, while;
  • Checking for both valid story URLs and at least one form of broken URL;
  • And even then, it wouldn't work for half of the included deffnetizer output templates.
So, while possible, it would be a bit of a pain and not work all the time anyway. At this point, I'll add it to the 'wishlist' of features I might add some day, but it's not going to be a priority.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #251
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Thank you. I used the template called "SimpleTemplate" for deffnetizer.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #252
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.5.20 posted with new sites:
(1.5.19 skipped)

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.

Jim
Old 05-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #253
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Hi,

I need some help again. I always reconvert the epubs I download from Twisting the Hellmouth to put my calibre generated covers into them. The problem is, the "update existing fanfiction book(s)" option gives a "no story url found" error after the conversion. Can you help me? The url is always included at the beginning of the text in "downloaded from: http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-xxxxx" format.
And the get urls from selected books option gives a no url found in selected books error.

Last edited by Firedancer885; 05-13-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #254
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
@Firedancer885, when did you download those particular stories?
Old 05-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #255
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Apparently, calibre epub->epub conversion discards the <dc:source> tag that FFDL expects to hold the URL.

(That strikes me as a bug in Convert, but there may be some reason for it, such as the fact other formats don't have it and the conversion process is very generalized.)

FFDL doesn't currently look inside the html files for the URLs. I've been a bit reluctant to do that, because, depending on the epub and where it came from, it could contain URLs to *other* stories, not itself. But I'll consider it.

Ida--I think Firedancer885 is talking about epubs downloaded directly from tth.
Closed Thread