Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-28-2019, 08:49 PM   #241
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New version: 1.7.1

Latest Update: The current version is 1.7.1
Recent Changes:
  • Extra check if meta cover entry but supplied id is missing in manifest
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:41 AM   #242
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

New version: 1.7.2

Latest Update: The current version is 1.7.2
Recent Changes:
  • Preference uuid identifier if it exists (other identifiers can be changed by editing opf file directly).
  • Display a message if multiple identifiers are present in the opf file.
  • If uuid identifier changes, also update dtb:uid meta entry in toc.ncx.
  • If uuid identifier added (or existing identifier changed to a uuid one), make sure correct id is included in indentifier tag.
Advert
Old 09-13-2019, 04:28 AM   #243
iris205
Enthusiast
iris205 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello,
The program gives me an error if it wants to write something in "Description", the errors are very frequent. I am waiting for the next upgrade and maybe you can change and enter the facility to put the Title and the Author in the file name. Thank you.
iris205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:39 AM   #244
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris205 View Post
Hello,
The program gives me an error if it wants to write something in "Description", the errors are very frequent. I am waiting for the next upgrade and maybe you can change and enter the facility to put the Title and the Author in the file name. Thank you.
It will help me if you provide an EPUB file that results in an error when you add something to the Description box. (You can change the file extension from .epub to .jpg and the attach the file to a post.)

As for putting Title and Author in the filename, the program already does that. Click the "Rename file" link located under the Save button.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:50 AM   #245
iris205
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
It will help me if you provide an EPUB file that results in an error when you add something to the Description box. (You can change the file extension from .epub to .jpg and the attach the file to a post.)

As for putting Title and Author in the filename, the program already does that. Click the "Rename file" link located under the Save button.
, Sorry, I meant, from the file name in the title and author, in fact I asked you once and not only me.
Advert
Old 09-13-2019, 05:57 AM   #246
iris205
Enthusiast

Example of error, for any epub does the same. I did not reinstall the program and had no problems with it (win 10 x64).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	173455  
Old 09-13-2019, 06:11 AM   #247
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Example of error, for any epub does the same. I did not reinstall the program and had no problems with it (win 10 x64).
I've added a description to one of my EPUBs and it works fine. So please provide me with one of your EPUBs which results in an error, and I will look into the issue.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:30 AM   #248
iris205
Enthusiast

I reinstalled the program but still doing so, I attached an epub.
Attached Files
File Type: epub a-pr.epub (87.8 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by iris205; 09-13-2019 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:31 AM   #249
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
I reinstalled the program but still doing so, I attached an epub.
There's no attachment. You can't attach an EPUB, you have to change the file extension to .jpg and then you should be able to attach it (at least, you used to be able to).
Old 09-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #250
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
There's no attachment. You can't attach an EPUB, you have to change the file extension to .jpg and then you should be able to attach it (at least, you used to be able to).
.epub is an allowable file extension for attachments.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #251
iris205
Enthusiast

Quote:
It doesn't work that way, but I see that the epub extension is allowed.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:40 AM   #252
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
It doesn't work that way, but I see that the epub extension is allowed.
Oops, my mistake. I've now downloaded the epub and I can confirm there is a problem. I will look into it tomorrow. I should be able to get a fix out within a day or two.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:44 AM   #253
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Oops, my mistake. I've now downloaded the epub and I can confirm there is a problem. I will look into it tomorrow. I should be able to get a fix out within a day or two.
Did you check this epub using the latest epubcheck to mak sure there are no errors getting in the way?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:51 AM   #254
iris205
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you check this epub using the latest epubcheck to mak sure there are no errors getting in the way?
Yes it did me something and anyway it is a simple epub only with text.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	validate.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	173457  
Old 09-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #255
iris205
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok, thank you and please think about the facility with the title and the author taken from the file name. I have some books where I didn't write anything there just garbage.