Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-30-2022, 04:49 AM   #2506
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You need to start this function from the library, not the device list. Exactly what functions are available depends on whether you are looking at the library or the device.
ok it works: i have tried to copy one book from Kobo to Library and now i can see the reading percentage.
but if i want to see all books percentage i need to copy all my kobo books on the library?
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:05 AM   #2507
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer7 View Post
ok it works: i have tried to copy one book from Kobo to Library and now i can see the reading percentage.
but if i want to see all books percentage i need to copy all my kobo books on the library?
Yes. The percent read has to be stored somewhere. So it gets stored as part of the books metadata in the library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2022, 12:14 AM   #2508
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was selecting all of the books in calibre that have the On Device green check mark, then selecting Update Metadata in Device Library in KoboUtilities. It kept saying that there were 16 books not on the device after if finished. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong. I finally figured out that it was some books I'd just added and although they were on the device they weren't in the device database.

So I was thinking that if that message had said 16 books not in device database I wouldn't have pulled out the remaining hair that I have on my head.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:19 AM   #2509
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
I was selecting all of the books in calibre that have the On Device green check mark, then selecting Update Metadata in Device Library in KoboUtilities. It kept saying that there were 16 books not on the device after if finished. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong. I finally figured out that it was some books I'd just added and although they were on the device they weren't in the device database.

So I was thinking that if that message had said 16 books not in device database I wouldn't have pulled out the remaining hair that I have on my head.
The update counting is fun. Not only is there books on the device that calibre sees but not in the database, but, you can also have multiple copies of the book on the device, so some get counted twice in the display. I do need to revisit it, but, I'm not sure when that will happen. I need to add the Kobo book stats to the metadata updating at some point. I'll do it then.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:56 AM   #2510
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Great, thanks.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2022, 11:43 AM   #2511
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Since updating Calibre to V6 I'm now getting the following error whenever I open Kobo Utilities.

Quote:
calibre, version 6.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QCheckBox.setCheckState(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'

calibre 6.0 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19043 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19043')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19043', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 725, in toolbar_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 831, in show_configuration
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.__init__", line 61, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1487, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1155, in update_from_connection_status
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1224, in refresh_current_device_options
TypeError: QCheckBox.setCheckState(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #2512
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use that PI version with Calibre 6. I have not noticed anything, but since we all seem to make use of different features...

Please define 'open' as the utilities button is customizable
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:28 PM   #2513
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

When I click on the main KU button I get the error and can't access that part of KU.
Clicking the down arrow at the right of the main button does not give a error although I haven't tried every item in that menu
Old 07-12-2022, 12:54 PM   #2514
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Trying to open 'customize plugin' from the toolbar button (device unconnected) results in what seems to be the same error:

Code:
calibre, version 6.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QCheckBox.setCheckState(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'

calibre 6.0*  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19043 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19043')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19043', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 15) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Action Chains (1, 17, 2) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Comments Cleaner (1, 6, 3) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 13, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 3, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 1) && FanFicFare (4, 14, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 5, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 1, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Generate Cover (2, 1, 0) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Import List (1, 8, 3) && Job Spy (1, 0, 191) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 0) && Last Modified (0, 8, 2) && Manage Series (1, 3, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 89) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Open With (1, 7, 1) && Overdrive Link (2, 51, 0) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Reading List (1, 12, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && SmartEject (2, 5, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 8, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 2) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 51, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 831, in show_configuration
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.__init__", line 61, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1487, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1155, in update_from_connection_status
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1224, in refresh_current_device_options
TypeError: QCheckBox.setCheckState(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 01:05 PM   #2515
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Might be a corrupt config file. As you can see, it works here.
Question: Was the PI current BEFORE the upgrade to Calibre 6?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboUvsC6.JPG
Views:	1500
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	194948  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 01:16 PM   #2516
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. I was using the 5.99 beta exclusively before the stable release, too.

Most other options seem to work. It's just the config that errors for me.

I also tried with the device connected. Still doesn't work.
Old 07-12-2022, 06:49 PM   #2517
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Yes. I was using the 5.99 beta exclusively before the stable release, too.

Most other options seem to work. It's just the config that errors for me.

I also tried with the device connected. Still doesn't work.
I checked and for me, under Windows, MacOSX and Linux, clicking on the main button opens the configuration dialog. What happens if you temporarily rename the Kobo Utilities.json file (Kobo Utilities.json.save???) and try clicking on the main button? I once had that configuration file get corrupted and forcing it to be recreated was the easiest way to fix the issue.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-12-2022 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Deleted suggestion.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:20 PM   #2518
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That fixed it.

In case it can help identify the issue, here's my old config file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kobo Utilities.json.zip (1.1 KB, 1475 views)
Old 07-12-2022, 10:08 PM   #2519
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
Since updating Calibre to V6 I'm now getting the following error whenever I open Kobo Utilities.
I missed a Qt6 change. That is happening when the "Copies to keep" option was not turned on in the backup options. A missed change for Qt6. But annoying because it was two lines below and above changes that I did make.

I'll put an update out tonight. That will give time for other problems to be found.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:23 AM   #2520
npr
Zealot

One thing that's been confusing me for a while.
In KU's "Store or Restore Bookmarks" one radio button has the label "Restore" the other has the label "Shop"??

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins