Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #2401
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, but it didn't. It just didn't show throw any errors. All the chapters that are in "Book III" are wrong. The first only has the second page. The others are blank. They all have the same error in the page source.

I haven't looked a how to handle this error yet.
Unless it's an error that's common on the site, I wouldn't feel any obligation to work too hard correcting for one author's bad html.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #2402
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
i guess since it looked like it worked i didnt look into it more thoroughly.thanks for the heads up. i'm sure i would had figured it out later and wondered what the hell was wrong with it. lol
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #2403
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Unless it's an error that's common on the site, I wouldn't feel any obligation to work too hard correcting for one author's bad html.
I tend to agree. I haven't seen another error like it. I don't think it is the site code adding the </div> in the wrong place. It looks like the author has done a cut-and-paste from somewhere and included an extra line. Detecting that the chapter text is empty after stripping the site navigation stuff isn't hard. I think the best that would be to either write a message into the text that something went wrong or throw an exception. The first means that any good parts of the story are downloaded, the second means that nothing is downloaded but the user finds out immediately. I'm not sure which would be the preferred behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin42069 View Post
i guess since it looked like it worked i didnt look into it more thoroughly.thanks for the heads up. i'm sure i would had figured it out later and wondered what the hell was wrong with it. lol
Yes, when you got to the blank chapter!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #2404
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi,

I had two ebooks fail to download and I got these error messages:
Quote:
Failed to initialize plugin: u'C:\\Users\\Amalthia\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\ plugins\\MobiDeDRM.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: u'C:\\Users\\Amalthia\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\ plugins\\Goodreads Covers.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: u'C:\\Users\\Amalthia\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\ plugins\\Goodreads Metadata.zip'
I tried to uninstall the listed plugins, however I could not find these plugins in my settings...I'm not sure why fanfiction.net is trying to initialize these plugins?

I'd appreciate any and all help.
Thanks,
Amalthia
Old 02-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #2405
french25
french25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy bluefrench25 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Hi,
I've used this plugins for months now without problem and since a couple of days, i've got the following message when trying to update stories from fanfiction.net :
calibre, version 1.22.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>TypeError</b>:not enough arguments for format string

calibre 1.22 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 393, in dispatch
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 1298, in download_list_completed
TypeError: not enough arguments for format string
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #2406
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by french25 View Post
Hi,
I've used this plugins for months now without problem and since a couple of days, i've got the following message when trying to update stories from fanfiction.net :
calibre, version 1.22.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>TypeError</b>:not enough arguments for format string
There's an error in the French translation. There's a test version posted that fixes it.

(I should really release a new version--I was waiting for some other changes that have been delayed, but it's been a couple weeks now for this issue.)
Old 02-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #2407
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.8.10 - 5 Feb 2014
  • Fix French translation typo that prevents download.
  • Add auto-convert on download/update feature.
  • Fix divide by zero error in replace_br_with_p on chapters with no content.
  • Change to storiesonline.net by davidfor to address overzealous culling in text.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:49 AM   #2408
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Does anyone else have a problem with TWCS?

Hi there,

I came across an error message when trying to update 3 fics form The Writers' Coffee Shop (TWCS) today. The error message is the same for the 3 fics:
Quote:
'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 58: invalid continuation byte
http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/...y.php?sid=9626
http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/...y.php?sid=9429
http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/...y.php?sid=9534

I have tried "updating if new chapters" (my default) and "Creating new book", without any success...

Thanks for your help with this problem...

ETA: I'm on V1.8.9 and I haven't been prompted to update yet...
Edit 2: the problem disappeared about a Calibre restart. Pls ignore

Last edited by BaconButty; 02-06-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #2409
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I had two ebooks fail to download and I got these error messages:
I tried to uninstall the listed plugins, however I could not find these plugins in my settings...I'm not sure why fanfiction.net is trying to initialize these plugins?
I don't think it's anything to do with FFDL directly. I think you have some outdated file input plugins.

I think it's a similar problem someone had a while back. See this posting.

Since the error messages give you the path to the problem plugin zip files, I'd just go (re)move them.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:07 AM   #2410
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
I don't think it's anything to do with FFDL directly. I think you have some outdated file input plugins.

I think it's a similar problem someone had a while back. See this posting.

Since the error messages give you the path to the problem plugin zip files, I'd just go (re)move them.
Thanks for the link. I'll see what I can do to find and remove these plugins.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #2411
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
Call Modify ePub plugin

Hi.
Is it possible to have FFDL call the Modify ePub plugin or Polish books after it finished downloaded like it does for the Generate Cover plugin?

I have the Generate Cover plugin run but that does not insert the cover into the epub so I then manually run Modify ePub.

Unless there is another method to ensure the generated cover gets inserted that i am missing .

ThanX
Old 02-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #2412
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richreads View Post
Is it possible to have FFDL call the Modify ePub plugin or Polish books after it finished downloaded like it does for the Generate Cover plugin?
At first I was going to say no. But then I remembered I already call Polish to do Smarten Punctuation.

Attached is a test version that adds an additional option on the Generate Cover page to call Polish to inject/update the cover inside the ebook, but only for EPUBs.

I'd also like to hear if somebody has better ideas for what the option and the tooltop for it could say.

UPDATE Feb 16, 2014 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-16-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #2413
uten
uten began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4
Problems with FF.Net

Hi there,

I'm having problems with FanFiction.net. I have sorta solved it, but my solution makes no sense.

It was working fine a few days ago, but now, everytime I try to update or add a story, calibre hangs. I use a Mac, and I have to Force Quit calibre.

I also have tried to get a debug log, but it is empty. However, the terminal screen shows this:

FFDL: DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin. ffdl_plugin(155):Plugin FanFictionDownLoader macmenuhack file_path:/Users/uten/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/fanfictiondownloader_macmenuhack.txt
FFDL: DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin. ffdl_plugin(722):FanFictionDownLoader v1.8.10
2014-02-08 15:33:54.353 Calibre[8325:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
FFDL: DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin. ffdl_plugin(757):url:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10075318/1/
FFDL: DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin. fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_fanfictionnet(88 ):URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/10075318/1/
Terminated: 15

The website itself seems to work fine. I use AT&T DSL.

To fix it, I turned on my VPN. It now works fine. I found that out by accident.

Why was it crashing?? And why would just turning on a VPN fix that?

Thanks,
uten

P.S. After further testing, it seems to have only fixed it some of the time..

Last edited by uten; 02-08-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added spaces to remove smiles & added P.S.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #2414
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
Quote:
At first I was going to say no. But then I remembered I already call Polish to do Smarten Punctuation.

Attached is a test version that adds an additional option on the Generate Cover page to call Polish to inject/update the cover inside the ebook, but only for EPUBs.

I'd also like to hear if somebody has better ideas for what the option and the tooltop for it could say.
Worked -
I think the tooltip and description is clear enough.
Thank-you for the amazing quick work and for the plugin.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #2415
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uten View Post
I'm having problems with FanFiction.net. I have sorta solved it, but my solution makes no sense.
I've made an FAQ for this issue. It says:

Quote:
Why am I having errors downloading from fanfiction.net?

The site fanfiction.net has apparently implemented a throttling system that blocks requests from users who make too many hits to their servers. The value of 'too many' is not known, but appears to be around 12-15 downloads in short period of time.

Adding slow_down_sleep_time in your personal.ini for fanfiction.net can help keep you from being blocked at the expensive of slower downloads. We don't know anyway to get unblocked but to wait.

Code:
[fanfiction.net]
slow_down_sleep_time:2
Switching networks probably got you around the blocking, then you did a big stack of updates again and got throttled on the new network, too.
Closed Thread