Old 05-17-2015, 05:11 AM   #226
pgaunt
pgaunt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
The following thread has links to older firmwares:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660

Just make sure you download the right one for your device. Once you have a firmware, extract the archive and put the contents in the .kobo directory on your ereader, then reboot.
Thanks. The latest I can find on that thread for my Aura is 3.13 whereas I think I was on 3.14.something before my upgrade to 3.15. Any clues?
pgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:56 AM   #227
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
3.14 was for the Glo HD, the newest one. If you have the AURA (not the HD), go back to 3.13 or even 3.11.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #228
pgaunt
pgaunt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
3.14 was for the Glo HD, the newest one. If you have the AURA (not the HD), go back to 3.13 or even 3.11.
Thanks a lot. Now back to 3.12.1 and all seems well so far. No more accidental changes in font size and Chess is back in the Extras menu.
pgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #229
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickTC View Post
A few people have asked, so for the record, I have been running 3.15 on a Mini for about a week now, and I'm happy.
Thank you!
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #230
kibmcz
kibmcz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
It seems that the twitter support is getting closer to release too. I re-enabled the settings option for it and it lets me attempt to sign in but don't redirect back to application (kobo settings).

I guess more waiting on that LOL.
kibmcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2015, 10:17 PM   #231
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Well, after a week of reading with 3.15 on both my Aura H2O and Glo HD, my experience is that page turns are noticeably slower on the Glo HD. The Aura H2O seems unchanged from 3.13.1 (last FW I was using) with respect to speed of page turns.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:29 PM   #232
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I noticed one improvement with the Firmware 3.15 it supports more wi-fi protocols.

Before 3.15, any corporate or university wi-fi that uses PEAP authentication did not show in the wi-fi connection list of the eReader.

With 3.15, I am able to see my corporate and university wi-fi network and connect to them.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:38 AM   #233
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Hi,

In 3.15.0, I can't find the option "Underline key terms" which was in Reading settings anymore. Any idea of where it is now ?
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:48 AM   #234
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
In 3.15.0, I can't find the option "Underline key terms" which was in Reading settings anymore. Any idea of where it is now ?
Gone. Kobo appear to have dropped the Beyond the Book and hence this option is not needed.

Edit: I forgot. If the book has related books, then the BtB icon will be displayed in the bottom menu when reading. Tapping it will display one of those books and an option to display the rest.

Last edited by davidfor; 05-22-2015 at 07:40 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #235
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Gone. Kobo appear to have dropped the Beyond the Book and hence this option is not needed.
Thanks!
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #236
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
H20 on 3.15

Adding my 2 cents on the new firmware -- I'm a fan. I don't notice any faster page turning than 3.12 or 3.13 (even conceivably a teensy bit slower), but it's much more consistent. Every tap produces a page turn -- the unresponsive taps and the double page turns, for me at least, on this firmware are gone.

I do have to tap and hold a hair longer to get a word underlined for looking up or searching, and the light adjustment slider at the left margin has the same small delay. I presume these are the costs of getting more stable results from the single tap.

Why are we seeing such inconsistent results among users? Leaving aside natural differences among user preferences and perceptions, my only guess is that not everyone is starting from a clean slate. I did a full factory restore, to clean out the old firmware and Geoff's old patches, before installing 3.15 and the latest patches. If you don't like 3.15, but installed it on top of an old firmware that you had patched, maybe (emphasis on the maybe!) that had an impact.

Love my Kobo!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #237
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Why are we seeing such inconsistent results among users?
In my opinion, that's because we don't have same (quality of) hardware.

Some devices are better, some are more prone to whimsical behavior. My H20 is, alas, in later group.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #238
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
The only thing I can say,that after a second (manual) reboot after installing the firmware on both my Glo and AuraHD they become a lot faster.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #239
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
I seem to be unable to disable pinch-to-zoom in this latest firmware. Very annoying, this. Can other users confirm this bug? I have an Aura.
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #240
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
I seem to be unable to disable pinch-to-zoom in this latest firmware. Very annoying, this. Can other users confirm this bug? I have an Aura.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=209
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote