Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 04-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #226
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wait, what is this big blue room you speak of ??
http://www.faqs.org/docs/jargon/B/Big-Room.html
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:50 AM   #227
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I was going to rush to the defense of cats everywhere and revile you for your calumny, but... yeah, maybe a ginger.

Anybody else here familiar with the cat physics of transforming sunlight into gravity? You know, they sit in the sun, absorb sunlight, then sit on the bed, transform sunlight into gravity, bed gets soaked with gravity, making it impossible to get out of....
Most definitely !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #228
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
<unutterably silly LOLcat>
<Snicker> I immediately forwarded that to my friends who like anime... who also, it happens, like cats. Coincidence? Perhaps not!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #229
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh! My spleen!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #230
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Anybody else here familiar with the cat physics of transforming sunlight into gravity? You know, they sit in the sun, absorb sunlight, then sit on the bed, transform sunlight into gravity, bed gets soaked with gravity, making it impossible to get out of....
pff, that's just the beta version. in GraviCat v2.0 they don't even need the sun, they can just produce gravity out of nothing, and then they soak it back up the second the thought "food !" enters their brain, only to let it back out after eating. it's like feline perpetual motion. my cats must have downloaded the firmware update because there hasn't been much sun here lately but stuff is being pulled into orbit around them.

speaking of which, i'm being sucked into my bed even as i type this... must... go... resistance ... is ... futile....

(from further and further away....)gooood niiiiight !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2008, 11:07 PM   #231
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Has anyone ever noticed that cats are proof of the real world existence of the theoretical "Klein Surface?" This property only exists in those phase-shifted example where said feline is not inclined to being picked up.
Secondly, my finding as a young boy using a cat and a leash prove--and can be peer-reviewed--that felines are capable of altering their molecular density.
When those nukular-happy-go-lucky Frogs get their Really Big Collider Dealie powered up, envision that their collectively imagined particle will eerily resemble an itty bitty kitty.
That, or some old white guy with a beard wearing a robe.

btw: VR= Viral Remodification?
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #232
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
For more about the Theory of Cat Gravity, see Robin Wood's website: http://robinwood.com/Catalog/Books/BookSet.html (click on "The Theory of Cat Gravity" in the left menu bar).
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #233
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
--and can be peer-reviewed--
Peer reviewed? That's a fine idea, but when will Hastur ever get around to it?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #234
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Has anyone ever noticed that cats are proof of the real world existence of the theoretical "Klein Surface?" This property only exists in those phase-shifted example where said feline is not inclined to being picked up.
Secondly, my finding as a young boy using a cat and a leash prove--and can be peer-reviewed--that felines are capable of altering their molecular density.
i don't know abut Hastur, but i can confirm the feline capacity to alter their molecular density, and also their similarity to the Klein Surface. god knows what else they're capable of. i wouldn't trust mine as far as i could throw them (and since, as we've mentioned, they are capable of altering their molecular density to greater than that of lead on a whim, that would not be very far).

Quote:
When those nukular-happy-go-lucky Frogs get their Really Big Collider Dealie powered up, envision that their collectively imagined particle will eerily resemble an itty bitty kitty.
...which will be simultaneously alive *and* dead.

Quote:
For more about the Theory of Cat Gravity, see Robin Wood's website: http://robinwood.com/Catalog/Books/BookSet.html (click on "The Theory of Cat Gravity" in the left menu bar).
but nekokami, is it available as an ebook ???
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #235
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
but nekokami, is it available as an ebook ???
Possibly yes, or possibly no. Observation will determine the outcome.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #236
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Necroposting? Never heard of it. I did poop on a thread once, though, and flowery posts did come forth.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #237
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
the world and its web move in mysterious ways ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #238
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm wondering if it might be possible to use a solar charger for one's "lys au jus".
Old 06-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #239
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Odd that this isn't in The Llounge. I venture from there so rarely that I now feel almost lost.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #240
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
thank you for performing some necromancy on this thread - which made me actually find it.
I started reading it from the beginning on, since I was interested IF there eas someone else apart from myself, wondering why until now no one of the case maker for devices actually offers a model with solar cells on the front cover - wouldn't it be great?

well until now I haven't actually found an answer, but I have a very joyful time reading.
I think it'll lead to a kind of karma spree.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, emotifaction, emotifactor, mozzle, mozzle of mozzle, natch's spleen, taylor514ce, unutterable silliness