Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #22861
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
When I expressed my surprise he told me they usually don't deliver on Saturdays but that he had a special delivery and he took other packages waiting to be delivered in my neighbourhood with because he thought it was a waste to let someone else deliver them next week when he was nearby.
Good for him!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #22862
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Good for him!
Yes, I told him how happy I was. Usually it's the other way around, because we live in a car free zone some delivery persons don't feel like walking the 20 metres or so and record that no one was home so the person doing the rounds the next day has to get out of his car.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #22863
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just found out that Neil Gaiman is signing book at my local bookstore on Saturday. But, Saturday I have to work so I can't go!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #22864
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Go. Tell your parents you need the time and go
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #22865
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Go. Tell your parents you need the time and go
My mother saw my facebook post about and offered to help in the store so I could go. So if it isn't too busy I might go. Now to decide which book to buy and have him sign....
Advert
Old 08-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #22866
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Oh goodie. Lucky I got the discount for moving utility providers and the extra discount for paying early otherwise this bill for two people who have gas hot water might have been high. The reason

Last edited by wannabee; 08-12-2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: added the reason
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:14 AM   #22867
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Oh goodie. Lucky I got the discount for moving utility providers and the extra discount for paying early otherwise this bill for two people who have gas hot water might have been high. ...
Holy Toledo! Does that electric bill include maid service?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #22868
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sydney has become too expensive to live in. To drive to the airport from the north west requires four tolls. Commuting for work can cost about $30 per day just for tolls plus vehicle expenses. Petrol is $1.60 per litre at present.
I hate the tele when they advertise the average wage or the average expenses. I think some guy earning a billion dollars and paying no expenses must be throwing the averages out because I certainly don't earn that.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #22869
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Sydney has become too expensive to live in. To drive to the airport from the north west requires four tolls. Commuting for work can cost about $30 per day just for tolls plus vehicle expenses. Petrol is $1.60 per litre at present.
I hate the tele when they advertise the average wage or the average expenses. I think some guy earning a billion dollars and paying no expenses must be throwing the averages out because I certainly don't earn that.
That's almost as bad as Japan, but probably without Japan's wage scale. On the other hand, petrol is almost twice that in Japan. But to pay over a thou for three month's worth of electricity is outrageous. I think it's time for you to join us in Thailand.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #22870
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:

Private health cover has also blown out of all proportion, and many people are simply dropping it. If you are younger you can take the chance, but when you are older you try to hang onto it.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #22871
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Oh goodie. Lucky I got the discount for moving utility providers and the extra discount for paying early otherwise this bill for two people who have gas hot water might have been high. The reason
Mother of God!

Are you living in a mansion? May I ask, without trying to be nosy (I'm really not), what is that per sq. foot/annum?

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 08-12-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: edited out the image, oops.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #22872
wannabee
Media Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

Private health cover has also blown out of all proportion, and many people are simply dropping it. If you are younger you can take the chance, but when you are older you try to hang onto it.

Cheers.
$100 per week for a couple, full cover. Which always means you pay a gap between what the insurance pays and the hospital charges. Necessary to ensure you get the surgeon you want rather than whoever needs the practice that week. It's only hospital cover though. Doctors visits are not covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Mother of God!

Are you living in a mansion? May I ask, without trying to be nosy (I'm really not), what is that per sq. foot/annum?

Hitch
12 mtrs x 7 mtrs

Quote:
I think it's time for you to join us in Thailand.
Tempting

Last edited by wannabee; 08-12-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: answer Stitch
Old 08-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #22873
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
$100 per week for a couple, full cover. Which always means you pay a gap between what the insurance pays and the hospital charges. Necessary to ensure you get the surgeon you want rather than whoever needs the practice that week. It's only hospital cover though. Doctors visits are not covered.
Yowza, for "socialized medicine" that's not really cheap, if your doctor's visits and gap aren't covered.

Quote:
12 mtrs x 7 mtrs
That's horrifyingly high. Is that because you don't generate any power from nuclear? Is your power privatized or government-run? According to your figures, where I live we pay about a ninth or tenth of what you do, and that's in the summer, when we're running our air-conditioners at full blast (we live in the SW USA--Desert area). In winter/spring/fall, our bills would be about 3-5% of yours, with conversion, per square foot. I don't know how you can manage, I really don't.

Hitch
Old 08-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #22874
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Ever since the fire next door ten weeks ago we've been getting phone calls on a daily basis with people asking us about next door. Either if it's for sale or for rent and the contact details or the current renter and/or owner. It's getting annoying, some people are rude when we refuse to give them the phone number of the owner of the lingerie store (since she isn't in the phone directory we assume she doesn't want everyone to have access to her phone number) or the telephone number of the foundation that owns the building (we simply don't know that and don't feel like looking it up, we give them the name and they just have to take it from there).
Old 08-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #22875
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Ever since the fire next door ten weeks ago we've been getting phone calls on a daily basis with people asking us about next door. Either if it's for sale or for rent and the contact details or the current renter and/or owner. It's getting annoying, some people are rude when we refuse to give them the phone number of the owner of the lingerie store (since she isn't in the phone directory we assume she doesn't want everyone to have access to her phone number) or the telephone number of the foundation that owns the building (we simply don't know that and don't feel like looking it up, we give them the name and they just have to take it from there).
Dumb question: how do they get YOUR number? I mean, is your name on the mailbox, and they look you up, or do you have a shop/store that's listed?

I'd just get a referral number and give it out. Not a satisfactory solution, admittedly, but probably better than trying to get rid of them, particularly if you're in a business and don't want to offend prospective customers. (Or potential neighbors!).

Hitch

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness