Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #211
stakats
stakats began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
jpg2000 support in 0.0.13?

Wow, thanks for the new release! I like the updated interface, at least since 0.0.10, which was the latest version I had until now. I noticed JP2000 support in your release notes, but PDFs like the one I posted to my bug report last year (3061894) still don't display. Should they now work? Thanks again for this great software.
stakats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #212
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi!

As you can see in the attachment the file displays properly on my computer. Are you using windows? I didn't run the jp2000 test on windows so this could be the reason.

Update: On my virtual windows xp the blank.pdf from your bug report can be handled without problems. could you run briss from terminal an check if there are any error messages?

best regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blank.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	69925  

Last edited by laborg; 04-15-2011 at 02:55 AM. Reason: tried it on windows
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #213
stakats
stakats began at the beginning.

jpg2000 problem is under os x

I'm running 10.6.7 and did get a bunch of errors running from the console. It's possible that I've got some non-standard Java stuff installed (perhaps from when I tried to get earlier versions of Briss to work with jp2000 PDFs), but I don't think so. How should I get the error messages to you?
stakats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #214
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
I just started an Wikipedia page for this great application:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briss

I hope to modify and correct the information about it.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #215
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by meem View Post
I just started an Wikipedia page for this great application:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briss

I hope to modify and correct the information about it.
There is also an entry in our own wiki. BRISS

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 AM   #216
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakats View Post
How should I get the error messages to you?
Via pm or with a bug report on sourceforge.

Thx, I'll try to find a virtual mac osx to recreate it...
Old 04-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #217
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is also an entry in our own wiki. BRISS
Dale
It's realy better than what I did.
Can you do some enrichment for other wiki ?
Thank you.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #218
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by meem View Post
It's realy better than what I did.
Can you do some enrichment for other wiki ?
Thank you.
The two wiki's are compatible. You can just edit ours and capture what you want and then paste it into the wikipedia one. They have slightly different requirements so grabbing it all is not necessary.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #219
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Does anyone know whether BRISS is compatible with OpenJDK, or do you need Sun's (Oracle's?) JRE?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #220
laborg
Zealot

OpenJDK is working well. In fact it's the only development jdk I use...

And: Thank you guys for the wiki entries!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #221
ericchaves
ericchaves began at the beginning.

Feature request

Hi laborg,

Thanks for this awesome tool!! As other have said already, Briss is by far the best cropping tool I've seeing.

I have a small suggestion for future enhancement of this great tool. Sometimes in the PDF file I got some specific pages that are rotated or have a box larger than the text margin (usually with Infograph or something like that). When the cropping is done either we end up with a lot of pages having a larger margin or some content is lost. It would be nice if we could select/inform a list of pages to be cropped individually. Not sure if this is possible.

I'm attaching an example of a merged PDF that illustrate the problem.

Once again, thanks for this great software.
ericchaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #222
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
help with briss

Today I tried Briss 13 for the first time: cropped two pdf files. Both appeared perfect in every way when viewed with adobe acrobat on the pc, but when transferred to my ereaders (bebook one and sony prs950) one showed correctly, but the other was completely blank on both readers. I even tried on the computer to resave with Adobe Acrobat 9 but didn't help. I tried recropping the original file but again it showed blank when moved to the ereaders. I've attached the offending file, and wondered if anyone has suggestions about how to solve this problem?

(I tried the original uncropped pdf file and it did not show on the ereaders either)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf old red sandstone_cropped2.pdf (6.81 MB, 1216 views)

Last edited by bobcdy; 06-01-2011 at 03:10 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #223
laborg
Zealot

Hi!

I tried your file on a bookeen cybook and while opening an error message showed up. What happens if you load the original file on to your ebook reader? Does it show up as expected?

best regards,
laborg
Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #224
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
(I tried the original uncropped pdf file and it did not show on the ereaders either)
The problem is clearly not with BRISS then.

I tried converting your file to PostScript and back, and it wound up over 100 MB in size. There's some kind of funky compression in it, I think.

If I can upload the result here I will,but I don't think I can. (Nah, I'm limited to 20 MB...)

Last edited by frabjous; 06-01-2011 at 06:02 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #225
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You do know that calling PDF cropping software BRISS can be considered rather offensive to some.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cropping pdf, pdf