Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #211
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Is anyone having trouble highlighting? While it's faster now to highlight, so many times when I click highlight, it doesn't work now. Frustrating.

Hmmm I tried again and I can't get it to highlight anything now..
It's working fine with me with both epubs and sideloaded kepubs (it's faster with the latter though).
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #212
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Is anyone having trouble highlighting? While it's faster now to highlight, so many times when I click highlight, it doesn't work now. Frustrating.

Hmmm I tried again and I can't get it to highlight anything now..

Yep, had the exact same problem... Went back to 3.13.1...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #213
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Prior to 3.15 I never had any problems of unresponsive screen during page turns, or even double page turns, however I now have both problems on my H2O. Page turns often take two or three taps, occasionally I get double page turns and the light control is erratic, sometimes with a delay after changing the light level via finger swipe. I'm away at the moment but will probably return to an earlier firmware on my return, unless there is another update on the horizon.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #214
Maida
Enthusiast
Maida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Prior to 3.15 I never had any problems of unresponsive screen during page turns, or even double page turns, however I now have both problems on my H2O. Page turns often take two or three taps, occasionally I get double page turns and the light control is erratic, sometimes with a delay after changing the light level via finger swipe. I'm away at the moment but will probably return to an earlier firmware on my return, unless there is another update on the horizon.
I was facing the same problems save for the light bug and returned to previous firmware.
Maida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:25 AM   #215
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
the light control is erratic, sometimes with a delay after changing the light level via finger swipe
Had that too, solution: return to previous firmware
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #216
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
How do you return it to the previous firmware?
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:00 AM   #217
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovesflying View Post
How do you return it to the previous firmware?
Just download the firmware and do the same as an upgrade, it doesn't check version number..
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #218
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
...the light control is erratic, sometimes with a delay after changing the light level via finger swipe.
I get this on my Aura. I also find that I can't disable the changing of font sizes with a pinch even though this option is unchecked in the settings.

I'm thinking I may go back to an earlier firmware version until the bugs are squashed in this latest release.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #219
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Just download the firmware and do the same as an upgrade, it doesn't check version number..
Downgrade worked perfectly. I'm now back to firmware version 3.12.1, and the strange behavior is gone from my Aura.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #220
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Downgrade worked perfectly. I'm now back to firmware version 3.12.1, and the strange behavior is gone from my Aura.
It is better to do the patch which disables automatic firmware updates, because if you don't,the device will install it back with the next time you sync.
You will find the patch here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255401
In the biggest patch file you will find the option to put off the updating system,you can after that always revert it,by doing a manual update or disable it again.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #221
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
It is better to do the patch which disables automatic firmware updates, because if you don't,the device will install it back with the next time you sync.
You will find the patch here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255401
In the biggest patch file you will find the option to put off the updating system,you can after that always revert it,by doing a manual update or disable it again.
can you tell me which post number mentions about disabling firmware update? thanks
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:33 PM   #222
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
can you tell me which post number mentions about disabling firmware update? thanks
The first post has an attachment. Usually, it has all the patches in it plus the way to apply them. You look through the available patches and enable those you want and disable those you don't.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #223
pgaunt
pgaunt began at the beginning.

Question

Quote:
Where do you get the earlier versions FROM though and what do you do with them once you have them?

The only reason I want to downgrade is because turning off 'pinch to adjust font size' no longer works and I'm plagued with altering the size by mistake. I'm also annoyed that Chess is no longer available from the menu and I have to remember to keep it on the home screen. Are there yet patches for either of these?
pgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:53 PM   #224
the.Mtn.Man
Guru

Quote:
The only time I sync is when there's a new firmware released.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #225
the.Mtn.Man
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgaunt View Post
Where do you get the earlier versions FROM though and what do you do with them once you have them?

The only reason I want to downgrade is because turning off 'pinch to adjust font size' no longer works and I'm plagued with altering the size by mistake. I'm also annoyed that Chess is no longer available from the menu and I have to remember to keep it on the home screen. Are there yet patches for either of these?
The following thread has links to older firmwares:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660

Just make sure you download the right one for your device. Once you have a firmware, extract the archive and put the contents in the .kobo directory on your ereader, then reboot.