Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #211
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
ToDo Task Manager - Lite by Mike's Android Workshop

Since then this app and me have been inseparable. It nags me to do the dishes, It nags at me to put clothes in the dryer, it nags at me to get the bills together and basically anything I tell it to nag at me about.

It's a to-do list app with reminders. Unlike most apps these reminders can be customized to anyway you want to be nagged.

It's like having hubby here all the time nagging me.

Wait a minute ... From a man' perspective, I think you have this backwards. Chances are your husband agrees with me.

Seriously, it sounds like a cool App.

Last edited by obsessed2; 12-01-2011 at 08:55 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #212
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Good RSS reader? I got EasyRSS right now. Not sure how I like it. Google Reader is my RSS reader of choice, but for some reason I always try to find an app. But the Google Reader interface is always the best interface. Lol. Ugh, 1st world problems.
I've found gReader to be a nice alternative.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #213
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Wait a minute ... From a man' perspective, I think you have this backwards. Chances are your husband agrees with me.

Seriously, it sounds like a cool App.
Nope, I do not nag. My hubby is the nagger in the relationship. Now we got text messages capability he texts me from work telling me to do this or do that cause he knows I'll forget. You see he comes from family where his dad was gone all the time deployed so his mother did everything, even handyman stuff, lawn care...etc

He used to think the woman should do everything because that's how his mom did it. He would just sit back and do his own thing Because of my health I am unable to do much anymore so he has to do more then his share so he nags me to do what I can. He calls it motivation. If I try to tell him to do something it's met with hostility because of this. So I know not to nag him. This app has saved me from several arguments because I would forget otherwise. I have two types of Anemia and we are trying to get it under control but not having much luck at the moment.

He does do more then he should have to. I am lucky he is so understanding even if comes with moaning and groaning. These days he has to do all the shopping because I get out of breath and dizzy walking through a store. We use the Out of Milk app for this it says it doesn't work on the Fire but it works on my phone. On the Pro version you can synch your lists in real time.

So you see I can really say Reading on a Kindle is good for my health and exercise is bad!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #214
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd began at the beginning.

Device: K3/Fire
We recieved our fires today, however I can't seem to find the Screen Filter by Haxor Industries.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find it?
Dolorous Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #215
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
I got mine from 1mobile
http://www.1mobile.com/1mobile-market-79873.html
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #216
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I've found gReader to be a nice alternative.
Thanks trying it out now.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #217
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Disable Screen Filter and install your app.
Forgive me for my unfamiliarity with the procedure... how do you disable screenfilter? It does not show up in the list of runningbprocesses with task killer...
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #218
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
Forgive me for my unfamiliarity with the procedure... how do you disable screenfilter? It does not show up in the list of runningbprocesses with task killer...
Go to your Notification bar and click on it there. It will take you into the settings for the app. You can disable it there or just hit the Screen Filter Icon in apps and that will turn it off too.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #219
Dolorous Edd

Quote:
Go to your Notification bar and click on it there. It will take you into the settings for the app. You can disable it there or just hit the Screen Filter Icon in apps and that will turn it off too.
Sorry for jumping in but why would you need to disable screen filter, does it cause problems? Just asking because I installed it.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #220
Dolorous Edd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post

Thanks, worked for me.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #221
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
Sorry for jumping in but why would you need to disable screen filter, does it cause problems? Just asking because I installed it.
Only when you go to install an app. It will keep the install button from working sometimes. You might notice less sensitivity on buttons as well with it enabled. I use it regardless otherwise my eyeballs would burn when trying to read.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #222
Dolorous Edd

I am looking for the USBANK APK, I haven't rooted my kindle and I am not sure if I want to but the only place I can find it is on android market.

Any ideas?
Old 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #223
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
I am looking for the USBANK APK, I haven't rooted my kindle and I am not sure if I want to but the only place I can find it is on android market.

Any ideas?
You can get it here if you don't mind a non Market source.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #224
Tanzaku
Enthusiast
Tanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3
BeyondPod Coming!

I just received a reply to an email I sent to the BeyondPod folks. See below.
Brooks

My email:
Please do a version for the Kindle Fire. BeyondPod is the best!

Reply from BeyondPod Support:
Thank you for the feedback (and the kind words). Kindle Fire version has been submitted to Amazon, we're just waiting for it to be approved.
Tanzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #225
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzaku View Post
I just received a reply to an email I sent to the BeyondPod folks. See below.
Brooks

My email:
Please do a version for the Kindle Fire. BeyondPod is the best!

Reply from BeyondPod Support:
Thank you for the feedback (and the kind words). Kindle Fire version has been submitted to Amazon, we're just waiting for it to be approved.
It works on the Fire already but it will be more accessible this way.