Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #196
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
Woo! After lots of bugging Chase and Sony, I was finally able to login to the Sony Rewards website and order my Reader!!

I got 50 credits just for registering, so that might be up from the 25 reported before. And I discovered that by responding to one of the polls on the front page of the Rewards website gave me another 10 points.

I'll miss the $50 book credit, but I can't wait to receive my Reader!
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #197
bshort
Enthusiast
bshort began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 700p
I received my Reader yesterday (8/1), and upon registering with Connect and authorizing my reader, I received the original $50 credit and 50 free classic book offer.

I guess they extended it past the 7/31 deadline.
bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #198
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Yee-Haw!

This SONY Reader dealy is really quite extra-ordinary. I received mine Tuesday and maxed out on the free book credit very soon Wednesday afternoon.

The display, the form, everything is phenomenal (except the moleskin texture of the interior cover- not a big fan of that)!

I actually tend to hold books in my left hand, being right-handed, so I like the double page turning buttons.

All in all, an excellent device.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #199
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
Yay! I ordered my Reader on the rewards site on 7/21 and it just came in today; a little less than two weeks. Now to purchase an extended warranty for it and try to get the free credit on Connect. I really wish I could play with it now, but I have to head to a fundraiser with the wife.
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #200
sea2stars
Zealot
sea2stars is on a distinguished road

Device: eb1150, Sony Reader
Um.. is the Reader supposed to come with headphones? I only ask because there's a flyer with the documentation. Odd.
sea2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #201
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I've never heard of headphones coming with the Sony. There is a warning sheet about the volume; but, no headphones or earbuds.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:00 AM   #202
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
O Mighty Cthulhu!

We beseech thee to not allow the moleskin irritant to rouse you from your slumber and cause you to unleash your wrath on our puny world.

My Son is hooked on his. Just today I saw him showing it off to some friends. (They, being non readers, raised no doubt by ignorant cavemen, were singularly unimpressed) He is reading Eragon now (One of the free download books he snagged) and has convinced me I gotta read it too...
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #203
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Here's what worries me...

I got the "Welcome Sony Visa Cardmember" email today" complete with instructions on what to do when I receive my card.

Which I received almost two weeks ago and have already activated and signed up the stuff for. Now, I could understand in the days of USPS where something like that might take a few weeks to process, print, and deliver, but an AUTOMATED email that takes 2 weeks? THAT worries me.
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:56 AM   #204
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
@ Roy:

With all the books on my Reader, have a long time to slumber--fear not.
The cover is in fact nicer than I thought. One mod I might undertake is disassembling one of those LED click'n'stick lights and somehow affix just the circuit and not the case to the interior of the cover. However, I fear that I might need to create a new cover with enough clearance for the LEDs, &tc to avoid scratching the eterna-page.

By the way, Roy: the arrow points to the right. ;-0
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #205
craigwillie
craigwillie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: rooted nook
Has Anyone who ordered after 7/23 received their reader yet?

I haven't even received the shipping email.
craigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #206
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
FYI, I never received a shipping email, the UPS guy just showed up.
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #207
irishjew
Enthusiast
irishjew doesn't litteririshjew doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Interesting. I ordered mine on the 17th, and I still haven't gotten a confirmation email. I wonder what that means. Anyone else order their Reader that long ago and still haven't gotten it?
irishjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:37 AM   #208
craigwillie
craigwillie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: rooted nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf573 View Post
FYI, I never received a shipping email, the UPS guy just showed up.
When did you place your order?

As of this morning my initial "points" are still "on hold" in my account so I doubt it has even shipped yet. I placed my order on 7/23 so it has been almost 2 weeks.
craigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #209
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwillie View Post
When did you place your order?

As of this morning my initial "points" are still "on hold" in my account so I doubt it has even shipped yet. I placed my order on 7/23 so it has been almost 2 weeks.
On the 20th. I didn't check the rewards site frequently, but as of a few days before I received it there had been no activity.
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #210
sheeerj
sheeerj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony portable reader PRS500
Get it directly at the sony store?

Hi, I just applied for the card, but was wondering if anyone knows if, when i get the card, can i go to the sony style store directly and get the reader there using my card?
Thanks for the info!
sheeerj is offline   Reply With Quote