Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #196
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Heheh. I'll just wait to see how your testing goes on the delete-books feature hack before trying to diff it myself next time.

Now I *know* there's a Windows computer around here somewhere...
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #197
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
Now I *know* there's a Windows computer around here somewhere...
Yeah, they're kinda like cockroaches that way ... lurking in the shadows and cracks.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #198
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Yeah, they're kinda like cockroaches that way ... lurking in the shadows and cracks.
And the Windows computer made it worse. No real surprises ;-)

Last edited by beartard; 09-09-2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Finally fixed.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:33 AM   #199
kitek
kitek began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600
Just flashed reader to a new firmware. Flasher 1.2 does not work.I have a error while flashing partition!It is recomended to switch to recovery mode and use sony flasher to flash a stock image. Tried couple diferrent modules and still does not have symbols I use to got when flased it with previous firmware.
kitek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #200
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitek View Post
Just flashed reader to a new firmware. Flasher 1.2 does not work.I have a error while flashing partition!It is recomended to switch to recovery mode and use sony flasher to flash a stock image. Tried couple diferrent modules and still does not have symbols I use to got when flased it with previous firmware.
After flashing my reader with multiple hacks, I kept getting the same error when trying to put new fonts. Then I was recommended to put the latest firmware again (I had it already so had to change the version number in a .dat file) and flashing went fine without an error. I used 1.2 version in both cases (failing and successful) so I don't think it's the flasher's problem.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #201
kitek

Hi

Could you write little more detailes how to change the version number in a .dat file ( where is it) or help me how to reload the firmware? after couple attempts ereader will not boot anymore.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #202
kitek

Hi

I just fix it I dont knowhow.When I get a firmware from sony it shows that my reader have a version 00000000000 so I reflashed it with their firmware and then with 1.2 flasher.Everything works fine know.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #203
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitek View Post
Hi

Could you write little more detailes how to change the version number in a .dat file ( where is it) or help me how to reload the firmware? after couple attempts ereader will not boot anymore.
Sorry, didn't think about it, it was late.
I'm glad, you fixed it.

Just in case, directions for applying the same firmware that's on a reader are here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12962, second post, by Nogg. This has helped me few times (too many experiments with all possible hacks and fonts
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #204
louis
louis began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Question explanation of bootstrap process

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
So here it is. From the readme:

Version 1.2: support for firmware version 1.0.02.01300
Please explain how the flashing utility works? I'd buy a PRS500 and do my own hacking on it...
louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:58 AM   #205
iyamapotato
iyamapotato began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I have firmware version 1.0.03.07170 and I'm trying to implement the joystick page turn hack. I put the files onto my flash card as such (via dir /s /b):

L:\SONY READER
L:\bin
L:\files
L:\mtools.conf
L:\mcopy
L:\flash_opt.sh
L:\make_opt.sh
L:\script.sh
L:\libfskLoad.so
L:\readme.txt
L:\myvm2.xml
L:\SONY READER\software
L:\SONY READER\database\cache.xml
L:\SONY READER\software\autorun.js
L:\SONY READER\software\autorun.xml
L:\bin\stat_fs
L:\files\opt
L:\files\opt\sony
L:\files\opt\sony\ebook
L:\files\opt\sony\ebook\FONT
L:\files\opt\sony\ebook\bin
L:\files\opt\sony\ebook\application
L:\files\opt\sony\ebook\application\resources
L:\files\opt\sony\ebook\application\resources\appl icationStart.xml
L:\files\opt\sony\ebook\application\resources\scri pts

When I turn the reader on with the card in, all it does is add the readme file as another book, which I am able to view. There's no "Run Script" screen or anything of the sort. Am I doing something wrong?
iyamapotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #206
beartard
Minister of Linux

I could be wrong, but since the reader uses Linux, the filesystem is case sensitive. I noticed that your directory "SONY READER" is in all caps. On mine, the directory is "Sony Reader". It might make the difference.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #207
iyamapotato
iyamapotato began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thanks beartard!

Case-sensitivity didn't even cross my mind. I assumed that if reading books from the directory worked, then so would the flasher. Apparently not.
iyamapotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #208
beartard
Minister of Linux

No problem. I'm usually the one being helped. This is a new, fun experience.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #209
htaylor
bookworm
htaylor began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 and 505
Thanks everyone for your help. I finally added the hacks I liked at this point and they are great. good Job
htaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #210
mike4140
mike4140 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
Big Mistake

I tried to change the fonts on my Sony 500 and now all I get is the starting up page when I turn it on. Is there any way to undo the flash?
mike4140 is offline   Reply With Quote