Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 02:37 AM   #196
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Just checked it on my device. NeoReader is not using ttf fonts at all. All the ttf-fonts in system/fonts are not shown in NeoReader too. It shows only otf-fonts, but I didn't verify the place where those are stored, but definitely not at "system/fonts" or "mnt/sdcard/Fonts".

Edit: TTF fonts in Neo Reader are recognized if copied into directory:
/mnt/sdcard/adobe/resources/fonts
Edit:
BTW: Since I'm using AlReader I'm not that firm with NeoReader. But on my device I couldn't get it to select a word in an epub. NeoReader v. dev (1548 - c69ddb7)
Edit: Back to the previous version of NeoReader, which btw. has the same version number, and selection is working again.
mine are placed there and I can assure you that they show up and are usable....??? Edit: hold one... Mine are in system\adobe\resources\font..

Am now looking the word selecting thing and will report back..indeed I can't either.

But I will keep this version because it handles (from what I could test until now) all my epubs well.

Last edited by aceflor; 08-14-2015 at 02:55 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:09 AM   #197
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Hmm the new Energy Sistem eReader Pro+'s firmware (version 2.0.0B) seems to have really improved in battery usage while the device is asleep!

I've been using the original/previous version of this firmware on my Boyue T62D for a while now which I've been happier with than the original Boyue firmware (rooted)! Just enabled the firmware update mechanism after hearing the news that there's an update and let it update itself. After it got completely installed I had to root it again but then decided to reset the firmware to its factory defaults (hate Google Play and its idiotic bugs), then rooted it again!

And I actually haven't done any tricks to lengthen the battery's life yet and after a while even updated Google Play Services/Store, GMail, GDrive [+ Calendar, Contacts, Maps] to their latest versions for the sake of testing their performance. I've also got some reading apps, a few dictionary/grammar softwares and also ColorDict with lots of dictdata, a few puzzle games, VLC media player, and also IVONA TTS and BetterBatteryStats on it right now + a 64GB SD card.

The battery life looks promising and to my complete surprise, the drainage rate seems like to have slowed down significantly after updating the pre-installed Google programs including the Play Services/Store which was a completely new behavior to observe on these firmwares compared to my previous experiences with them that had proven to me many times to never update Google's craps! Seems like whatever it was that caused such high battery usage by Google services during Sleep had been fixed! Now it's been almost 7 days of Sleep-mode and few hours of usage mostly with the front-light On and the battery is at 64% at this moment! Never imagined to see such results on these firmwares with Google stuff enabled!

They seem to have made the "Shutdown after X hours" enabled by default in this version and set it to 2 hours which I did disable instantly after installing this firmware update and have not shutdown the device for even a second during this period of time; I've set it to automatically go to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity and it just does that!

Last edited by hob; 08-18-2015 at 03:15 AM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #198
LinODE
LinODE began at the beginning.

Device: Energy eReader Pro
Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62-C, Energy eReader Pro

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to decompress the zip file corresponding to "Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62-C, Energy eReader Pro With standard factory markings (System=512Мб, Data=1Гб, SDcard=5.5Гб)" and my system says that the file is corrupted.
Same thing happens with zip "With extended markup (System=1Гб, Data & SDcard=6Гб)". I've tried it in two different systems.

I'm interested in testing Onyx C67CML for Energy eReader Pro (T62C) firmware in an Energy eReader Pro device.

Please can you re-upload both files?

Thx in advance.
LinODE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:10 AM   #199
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
To unzip you need to use the latest version of 7zip or WinRar. The file was compressed 7zip.

Last edited by FOV; 08-20-2015 at 02:15 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:40 AM   #200
LinODE
LinODE began at the beginning.

Device: Energy eReader Pro
Solved. Thank you so much. Hope it helps someone else.

Thank you again FOV. Keep up the good work.
LinODE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #201
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Neo Reader in v.1.7.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
mine are placed there and I can assure you that they show up and are usable....??? Edit: hold one... Mine are in system\adobe\resources\font..

Am now looking the word selecting thing and will report back..indeed I can't either.

But I will keep this version because it handles (from what I could test until now) all my epubs well.
Aceflor: Just tested the Neo Reader app from the latest ROM 1.7.3 and selection is working fine. Can't test it deeper since I switched back to Energy eReader Pro firmware out of curiousity regarding the battery life.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:24 AM   #202
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Aceflor: Just tested the Neo Reader app from the latest ROM 1.7.3 and selection is working fine. Can't test it deeper since I switched back to Energy eReader Pro firmware out of curiousity regarding the battery life.
@nhedgehog: thanks, will try it !!!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:11 AM   #203
didierm
Enthusiast
didierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enough

Device: Boyue T61, 2x Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
Hmm the new Energy Sistem eReader Pro+'s firmware (version 2.0.0B) seems to have really improved in battery usage while the device is asleep!
- This is in accordance with my observations of the T62D+ test firmware (v2015062909) , which I have been running for the past 6 weeks.
My latest run (Google Services installed, WiFi disabled) was 12 days uptime, with 2-3 hours daily reading (with enabled frontlight, mostly set to low brightness), and about 7% battery left.

- Considering the new eReaderPro+ 2.0.0.B firmware : my main beef with the old version (1.0.0) was the secured adbd daemon. Is this still the case with the 2.0.0 version ?

Last edited by didierm; 08-21-2015 at 06:19 AM. Reason: clarify old fw version
didierm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:41 AM   #204
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
Hob,

Glad to see that the new Energy Sistem firmware is working out well for you. I have been using the Onyx Boox C67ML Carta firmware (version 1.7.2) on my T62+. The battery life has been very good, and contrast seemed better than the Boyue firmware. Another plus is that the Onyx firmware lets me turn down the frontlight to a more comfortable setting. I found even the lowest frontlight setting on the Boyue firmware too bright.

I've seen on the Energy Sistem forums that some users complain about touchscreen problems after installing the new firmware. Others also complain about the frontlight being too bright, even at its lowest setting. Have you seen anything like this on your device?

One odd quirk on my end: although the process nightboy gave us in the OP worked like a charm in letting me make a system.img from my Onyx and then installing it on the Boyue with the Onyx 1.7.2 firmware, for some reason when I try the same with the 1.7.3 firmware, my Boyue ends up stuck in the boot animation. I've been pleased with the Onyx 1.7.2 firmware on my T62+. But, if I ever want to update, I may need to look to a different firmware (unless someone figures out why the Onyx 1.7.3 doesn't work with this process).
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #205
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
But, if I ever want to update, I may need to look to a different firmware (unless someone figures out why the Onyx 1.7.3 doesn't work with this process).
Thats how I did it:

1) Get a working system.img
2) Unpack it with RKWINTOOLS
3) Overwrite what is in the unpack\system directory with the new C67 update. (Overwrite but don't clear the system folder otherwise some crucial files might be missing.)
4) Delete from this folder what you don't need (telephone.apk etc.
5) Pack it again, make sure the resulting system.img is not bigger than 512MB
6) Flash it.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #206
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Thats how I did it:

1) Get a working system.img
2) Unpack it with RKWINTOOLS
3) Overwrite what is in the unpack\system directory with the new C67 update. (Overwrite but don't clear the system folder otherwise some crucial files might be missing.)
4) Delete from this folder what you don't need (telephone.apk etc.
5) Pack it again, make sure the resulting system.img is not bigger than 512MB
6) Flash it.
Thanks! I'll give that a try. There isn't a huge difference between 1.7.2 and 1.7.3, but there seem to be a few useful tweaks. I really like the battery life with the Onyx ROMs, the contrast, and the lower frontlight brightness levels.

Edit: I may wait just a little longer. Onyx International released its third "version" of 1.7.3 just a couple of days ago. Apparently, they are still trying to quash some bugs that some users are experiencing.

Last edited by downeaster59; 08-21-2015 at 04:05 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #207
JNT
Connoisseur
JNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic something

Device: KT / K4NT / T62D / T68
root

I assume this method can also be used to root any working system.img ...
By putting su in system/xbin

Is this assumption correct?
JNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:29 AM   #208
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Thanks! I'll give that a try. There isn't a huge difference between 1.7.2 and 1.7.3, but there seem to be a few useful tweaks. I really like the battery life with the Onyx ROMs, the contrast, and the lower frontlight brightness levels.

Edit: I may wait just a little longer. Onyx International released its third "version" of 1.7.3 just a couple of days ago. Apparently, they are still trying to quash some bugs that some users are experiencing.
I tried it myself. I couldn't get the version 1.7.3 running on my device. It ended in bootloop. Up to version 1.7.2 this process worked but not with 1.7.3. I guess it has something to do with this new possibility to install apps into other places. Doesn't matter, made my special version with the 1.7.2 ROM and same updated apps from the 1.7.3.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:11 AM   #209
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
This month will create firmware v1.7.3 with work stock Recovery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-09-14-110404.png
Views:	637
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	141943  

Last edited by FOV; 09-14-2015 at 09:11 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #210
naobsd
naobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Boyue T61D
Quote:
I tried it myself. I couldn't get the version 1.7.3 running on my device. It ended in bootloop. Up to version 1.7.2 this process worked but not with 1.7.3. I guess it has something to do with this new possibility to install apps into other places. Doesn't matter, made my special version with the 1.7.2 ROM and same updated apps from the 1.7.3.
did you run /system/bin/set_font_service.sh (or add it to your init.rc) for 1.7.3 based system?

EDIT: I'm using kernel/boot/recovery from Boyue-T61D-20150831 with system from C67ML_Carta 1.7.3 2015-08-19_11-00 2a16237

Last edited by naobsd; 09-22-2015 at 11:52 PM.
naobsd is offline   Reply With Quote