Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-30-2022, 03:13 PM   #196
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
From your photos it looks like you have a screen protector, without that is the screen glossy of matt?
Glossy without and it comes pre-applied on the device from the factory. I also ordered from taobao replacements but haven't even managed to scratch this yet. I put a matte one on the mini but the touch comes with it.

Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 05:20 PM   #197
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
The first look link was informative but the review seems to show a slightly more polished device.
https://goodereader.com/blog/reviews...eration-review
I upgraded last year to the Hisense Touch and it is substantially a better unit in my opinion.
I am aware this device is in another price bracket all together but if someone has the mini and decided they like the form factor and wanted to go better and could wait and save up I think the Touch is a much better device to have long term. I also have all these opinions using moon plus setup how I like it as my app of choice as I do not use the stock apps on any of these epaper devices so take that into consideration.
Pros:
Android 11
True snapdragon SOC (large app compatibility) as fast as any other midrange phone honestly.
runs apps like moon plus, kiwi browser with no lag what so ever.
Larger screen by only being slightly taller
Bigger battery (also quick charges), Lasts a month easy for me and I use the front light all the time at a pretty high level due to my vision.
4GB RAM + 128GB storage (Though stock ROM takes up 31GB of it)
Speakers and 3.5mm jack are good. (I used it once as I only read on this device)
Haptics are good
Like the robust feeling clicky buttons, the left side button I use to refresh the screen if needed.
ColorOS (Stock ROM):
Nicer and more customizable lock screen (I just use my own image)
Customizable Power off screen (I use my own image again)
True stock android navigation bar (after swapping the launcher to nova it is always accessible like a normal android device and goes in and out of immersive mode as expected)
Nicer quick toggles.
Way more robust screen mode system, easily never causes issues while web browsing etc. Seems to remember what it is set to per app even.
Cons:
Price, all said and done/shipped I payed CECT $379 for the device and they had no cases so I got one in black and translucent off taobao for like $20 shipped. All in I am at $398
Though that being said this device is fast, like I said before its normal phone fast and is way faster then any other of the epaper devices I have had. So I think it is worth the money and honestly if they choose to make a new version that is even better later I will probably upgrade to that too depending on what changes.
I have had both, I prefer the Inkpalm. I like the smaller size and lighter weight and it is a lot less money. There is not a need for a fast processor to read ebooks, which is all I use it for. If someone is using one of these for other things, such as browsing, games, then I would definitely go with the Touch.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2022, 05:38 PM   #198
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
I have had both, I prefer the Inkpalm. I like the smaller size and lighter weight and it is a lot less money. There is not a need for a fast processor to read ebooks, which is all I use it for. If someone is using one of these for other things, such as browsing, games, then I would definitely go with the Touch.
I agree with this too. I do do browsing quite a bit to search or obtain what I read so to me it's worth it as well as the added battery life. Both are good in their bracket and both are built well.

Malcolm
Old 01-30-2022, 11:15 PM   #199
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
True stock android navigation bar (after swapping the launcher to nova it is always accessible like a normal android device and goes in and out of immersive mode as expected)
I may be misunderstanding what you mean by that. But the image you showed is not the stock Android navigation bar. It has that annoying Samsung behavior of moving the back button to the right.

This is the stock Android navigation bar:
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 11:37 PM   #200
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I may be misunderstanding what you mean by that. But the image you showed is not the stock Android navigation bar. It has that annoying Samsung behavior of moving the back button to the right.

This is the stock Android navigation bar:
Oh right sorry I use Samsung devices so I moved it to the right ahah. I navigate all my devices with my right thumb so I'm used to it. I meant more it has a damn nav bar and not just a physical home button that is a back or home only or a floating ball.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220130_203936401_Settings.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	192037  

Last edited by rvcjew; 01-30-2022 at 11:42 PM.
Advert
Old 02-24-2022, 12:15 PM   #201
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A9, Mira, Paperlike Colour
This Yiben p47L might be a new InkPalm competitor: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...31#post4201031
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:54 AM   #202
guttaperk
guttaperk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
This Yiben p47L might be a new InkPalm competitor: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...31#post4201031
No WiFi, no touchscreen. Intriguing alternative.
guttaperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:43 AM   #203
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Oh right sorry I use Samsung devices so I moved it to the right ahah.
Oh, I've never seen that settings screen. On my Walmart Onn8 I shuffled the buttons (and got rid of the Walmart button) using commands. This may work on other devices and gives you more options for spacing. Try changing the "0.5" values, it affects how "tight" the buttons are. Be sure to do a "get" first to know what you started with. It probably says "null" though.
Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ settings get secure sysui_nav_bar
$ settings put secure sysui_nav_bar 'space[0.5WC],back;home;recent,space[0.5WC]'
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 11:16 AM   #204
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Oh, I've never seen that settings screen. On my Walmart Onn8 I shuffled the buttons (and got rid of the Walmart button) using commands. This may work on other devices and gives you more options for spacing. Try changing the "0.5" values, it affects how "tight" the buttons are. Be sure to do a "get" first to know what you started with. It probably says "null" though.
Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ settings put secure sysui_nav_bar 'space[0.5WC],back;home;recent,space[0.5WC]'
You mean it moves them away from each other? It is a little closer then a larger device true but since it's a narrower device it is In a better spot as farther out is harder to reach back with your thumb and the farther one it goes to far on your thumb lol then the middle positioning. At the moment they all reach right below my thumb position, I'll keep this code for the future though thanks.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:57 AM   #205
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You mean it moves them away from each other?
Actual screenshots of a Moto E6.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	footer.png
Views:	113
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	192552  
Old 03-04-2022, 11:15 AM   #206
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Actual screenshots of a Moto E6.
Oh cool thanks. Wonder if I can do this to my Note 9. It has an extra pinable button. If I don't put the name of that button you think it will just ignore moving it?
Old 03-04-2022, 11:46 AM   #207
Renate
Wizard

Sure, go wild. You can't really hurt anything as long as you know a somewhat sane setting to go back to. Or just delete it to go back to stock.
Code:
space[0.25WC],back;home;recent,space[0.25WC]
$ settings delete secure sysui_nav_bar
Deleted 1 rows
null
The most recent Android has more options. Even if you don't code, you can see the options in this file and try them out.
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...laterView.java

I have no idea what I'm doing!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nav.png
Views:	119
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	192570  
Old 03-20-2022, 05:12 AM   #208
michel24
michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle k4nt
Hey
Maybe I missed some posts or threads, but anybody has some infos about this update ?
thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4349.jpg
Views:	1063
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	192861  
michel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:54 AM   #209
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel24 View Post
Hey
Maybe I missed some posts or threads, but anybody has some infos about this update ?
thanks
I don't know but it says this. Make sure your charged up more then 60% before attempting it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20220320-065239_Translate.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	625.1 KB
ID:	192864  

Last edited by rvcjew; 03-20-2022 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:55 AM   #210
michel24
michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle k4nt
Thanks for the translation and the tip
I think I will not attempt it before I know more, I currently wouldn't have time to fix the potential problems or configuration losses which could occur.
I'm just surprised i'm the only one here who has this update thing
michel24 is offline   Reply With Quote