Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #2056
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@123kajote: You didn't show what plugboards you are using but at a wild eyed guess, the subtitle field is not working. Did you copy that from the images I previously posted? Do you have a subtitle column in the calibre library you are sending the books from?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	subtitle_column.png
Views:	340
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	184260  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 07:45 PM   #2057
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kajote View Post
Hallo,
thanks, something is happening, but.. I get an error also PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR
You are getting that error because the template used for the subtitle is invalid. The screenshot is not clear enough for me to read. I'm not sure of what the characters at the start and end of the template. If what you are trying to do is to display put the value from a custom column with the lookup name "subtitle", then the template should be:

Code:
{#subtitle}
But, if you press the "Template editor" button in the driver configuration, it will open the template editor and show the error in full.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2020, 05:05 AM   #2058
123kajote
123kajote began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Kobo Aura H2O
thanks for all your help in advance

Ok, thanks in advance..
I am passionate reader, not very god at technic.. also i do have problem in english.. so.. my Calibre is also in Slovenian language.. sometimes hard to find ..

but with your help..
(PS: I am sending now bigger picture, I hope it will not be a problem because of 600x600 rule)

so is my setup

I dont fully understand how this works, what comes first, whar second,..
so...
123kajote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:07 AM   #2059
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why isn't ePub selected as that is one of the formats that Kobo can handle?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:35 AM   #2060
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why isn't ePub selected as that is one of the formats that Kobo can handle?
Really? You haven't noticed that some people prefer to use kepubs and don't want epubs at all? This just means the books will be converted to kepub rather than transformed by the extended driver.
Advert
Old 12-26-2020, 07:42 AM   #2061
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, thanks in advance..
I am passionate reader, not very god at technic.. also i do have problem in english.. so.. my Calibre is also in Slovenian language.. sometimes hard to find ..

but with your help..
(PS: I am sending now bigger picture, I hope it will not be a problem because of 600x600 rule)

so is my setup
In my previous post, I was talking about the button for the template editor that is next to the "Subtitle" field. That is the template that is in error and I wanted to see the full error message.

But, I'll talk about the other things as well.
Quote:
I'll start with the first dialog in this combined screenshot:

That is the list of supported formats on the device. When a book is sent to the device, if one of the selected formats (kepub, cbr, cbz, PDF and TXT) exist in your library, that format will be sent to the device. If the book does not have one of these formats, it is converted to the first format in the list. That means if you only have epubs, they will be converted to kepub before calibre sends the book to the device and the kepub will be added to the library.

There is nothing wrong with that, but it isn't how the KoboTouchExtended driver is used. And, if that is what you want to do, it can be done with the built-in KoboTouch driver.

The usually way of using the KoboTouchExtended driver is to have epub selected. Then, when an epub is sent to the device, the KoboTouchExtended driver does the work to transform the book into a kepub. This is done without the overhead of the driver (means it is faster and doesn't make changed that are not needed for the transformation) and the kepub is not added to the library. Most people prefer this. And it is why the KoboTouchExtended driver was created.

The "Save template" at the bottom of the first dialog is what is used to generate the directory and file name when the book is sent to the device. Looking at that template, I would not recommend it. That would produce a file names like:

Code:
Butcher, Jim/Skin Game - Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files / 17.kepub.epub
Bagley, Desmond/The Snow Tiger - Desmond Bagley - /.kepub.epub
The second is for a book that is not in a series.

I usually recommend just sticking with the default save template. But, if you want the series info in the file name, I would suggest:

Code:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}{series:| - |}{series_index:0>2s|-|}
This would give:
Code:
Butcher, Jim/Skin Game - Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files-17.kepub.epub
Bagley, Desmond/The Snow Tiger - Desmond Bagley.kepub.epub
For the second half of the screenshot, the template for the Subtitle looks valid. The only reason I can think there would be an error is if there was no custom column with the lookup name "#subtitle". Opening the template editor here should show the full error. It should also be shown in the details view of the book on the device.
Quote:
This is the "Sending to devices" page of the preferences. The save template here is the default save template. When you configure the device driver, this save template is copied to the device configuration. Any further changes here, will not update the device configuration.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:06 PM   #2062
123kajote

Ok, thanks,.. I am getting closer and closer..

with this setting in KoboTouchExtended

I get book on Kobo reader just like I want:
17 Cry Baby - Mark Billingham - Tom Thorne.kepub.epub

now, with these settings in KoboTouchExtended - Metadata

I get DOUBLE series and series_index listed with books

Where Is there problem in my settings? I do understand now the conversion (I added also ePub format), I understand format for storing books on ereader.. I DONT UNDERSTAND which part is responsible for listings in ebooks section of my reader - why are there double data?

And also - I noticed that change for double data is changed for part of other books allready on eredaer, but not for all of them...

Am I thinking right? Calibre atempts to change all the data on the ereader when connected based on the last settings in calibre.. if I disconnect before all is done, that results in only partial converted display on ebooks page?

Thanks!

PS: Yes there wasnt subtitle data - I've changed that to {series} - {series-index} - but on the end I have not selected this option (as seen on the picture above)

J

Last edited by 123kajote; 12-26-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #2063
123kajote

Is there a way to edit previous post ... I posted way to biger first picture..
sorry..

J
Old 12-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #2064
123kajote

to add:

WHICH SETTINGS are responsible for displayed data on ebooks tab in ereader?

J
Old 12-26-2020, 01:41 PM   #2065
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
123kajote - I'm not sure if this is your problem, but the KoboTouchExtended driver won't replace a subtitle with a blank one. I can't quite remember how to do it, but you need to delete the subtitles rather than just try to overwrite them.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #2066
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, thanks,.. I am getting closer and closer..

with this setting in KoboTouchExtended

I get book on Kobo reader just like I want:
That makes a lot more sense to me. Though I don't worry about the series info in the file name as the device doesn't use this. The file name is used, but, it is not parsed for information.
Quote:
now, with these settings in KoboTouchExtended - Metadata

I get DOUBLE series and series_index listed with books

Where Is there problem in my settings? I do understand now the conversion (I added also ePub format), I understand format for storing books on ereader.. I DONT UNDERSTAND which part is responsible for listings in ebooks section of my reader - why are there double data?

And also - I noticed that change for double data is changed for part of other books allready on eredaer, but not for all of them...

Am I thinking right? Calibre atempts to change all the data on the ereader when connected based on the last settings in calibre.. if I disconnect before all is done, that results in only partial converted display on ebooks page?

Thanks!

PS: Yes there wasnt subtitle data - I've changed that to {series} - {series-index} - but on the end I have not selected this option (as seen on the picture above)
Apparently you have found a bug in how the subtitle option are handled. I will fix it for the next calibre release. But, to clear the subtitle, enable the subtitle option, empty the template and save the changes. The next time the device is connected, the subtitle will be cleared.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:18 PM   #2067
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That makes a lot more sense to me. Though I don't worry about the series info in the file name as the device doesn't use this. The file name is used, but, it is not parsed for information.
The only reason I use the save-location template is so I don't get a zillion author folders in the root of K:\
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #2068
123kajote

@davidfor

thanks,
this worked.. (enable the subtitle option, empty the template and save the changes)

PS: Calibre - one of the best Projects ever !

Last edited by 123kajote; 12-27-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:31 AM   #2069
123kajote

a question do..

I do have now:
{author_sort}/{series_index} {title} - {authors} - {series}

I get:

What if the book is not in a series, regarding your info before, should it be so?

{author_sort}/{series_index:0>2s|-|} {title} - {authors:| - |} {series}

would then I become this:

(if in series) Billingham, Mark/17 Cry Baby - Mark Billingham - Tom Thorne.kepub.epub

(not a serie) Bagley, Desmond/The Snow Tiger - Desmond Bagley.kepub.epub

this is how it will be on a device..

how then should I configure for ebook - list display on device?

It should be (adding year of the book):

Cry Baby
2020, Tom Thorne - 17
Mark Bilingham

perhapse for non series books insteed of series and series indes, it should be listed the year of the book

The Snow Tiger
Desmond Bagley

I do have ideas, dont I ?
Thanks mate!

J

PS: I've supported Calibre with small Amount

Last edited by 123kajote; 12-28-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:25 AM   #2070
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
a question do..

I do have now:
{author_sort}/{series_index} {title} - {authors} - {series}

I get:

What if the book is not in a series, regarding your info before, should it be so?

{author_sort}/{series_index:0>2s|-|} {title} - {authors:| - |} {series}

would then I become this:

(if in series) Billingham, Mark/17 Cry Baby - Mark Billingham - Tom Thorne.kepub.epub

(not a serie) Bagley, Desmond/The Snow Tiger - Desmond Bagley.kepub.epub

this is how it will be on a device..
To get what I think you want, try:
Code:
{author_sort}/{series_index:0>2s|| }{title} - {authors}{series:| - |}
But, I don't see the point of putting the series index at the start of the filename. If the author has multiple series, then you will be mixing them up. I can see putting the full series info there as it would collect books of the same series together in the file list. But, I don't do this as I don't really use the file list for anything.
Quote:
how then should I configure for ebook - list display on device?

It should be (adding year of the book):

Cry Baby
2020, Tom Thorne - 17
Mark Bilingham

perhapse for non series books insteed of series and series indes, it should be listed the year of the book

The Snow Tiger
Desmond Bagley

I do have ideas, dont I ?
That look like you want the publishing year and the series info on a line in book list. If so, why?

Firstly, the Kobo devices support the series info. This will show as a separate line in the book lists. Basically the list shows:

Code:
Book Title
Book Subtitle
Series name - series index
Author
The subtitle and series info are only shown if they exist for the book.

You could put the publishing year and the series info in the same line. But, I would not recommend it. The device understands the series info. The series list is built from this. And you can sort by series in any of the lists.

You could put the publishing year on the front of the series name, but, that would mess up the series list and sorting. Unless they all happened to be published in the same year.

Putting the publishing year in the subtitle makes some sense. It is displayed in the book details, but, I can see that people might like it in the book list. Unfortunately, you can't sort on it. But, you would be able to search for all books in a year.

To do this, you need to use a template like the following in the subtitle template in the device configuration:

Code:
{pubdate:format_date(yyyy)}
If you really want the publishing year and series info in the subtitle line, then it would be:

Code:
{pubdate:format_date(yyyy)}{series:|, |}{series_index:0>2s| - |}
And note, there is no way not to send the series info to the device if you are sending the Subtitle. If you use the last one, it will mean you have the series info on two lines in the book list.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins