Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #20206
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Am I over-reacting? I really find this offensive.

And Stichawl—what happened to R.B. Jones in the military?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:41 AM   #20207
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

I also would be overreacting like that. I can't see how WT Sharpe is an illegal name.

Yes please Stitchawl, please tell us about RB Jones.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 04:27 AM   #20208
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Yes please Stitchawl, please tell us about RB Jones.
The Military, at least the U.S. military, doesn't like initials in names. They say it confuses things. So if you happen to have an initial for your first name or middle name, you have to add (only) after it. I don't have a middle name, only a middle initial so my military records read Stitchawl I(only) Jones... sort of.

In the case of R. B. Jones, he went through his entire military career known as Ronly Bonly Jones, and was called that by all!
(Most likely not true, but I think most folks in the Military have heard the story.)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:40 AM   #20209
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Didn't you just have a broken arm? I'm so sorry it happened, but you are right, probably much better that it happened before your trip. Rest up and recover so you can have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Wow! Glad to hear that you're OK! But I'd say it's the perfect time to have it done! You will almost forget that you had surgery in another two-three weeks and be able to have a wonderful vacation! Happy Easter!

Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Wow! Timing is everything; and you timed this to perfection. I hope you have a great trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Wishing you a very speedy and trouble-free recovery, Anne.
Thanks for the good wishes folks, I am feeling surprisingly ok although pretty sore at the op site. Modern medicine is amazing. Unless I develop an infection (unlikely I'm told) I should be good to go away on Easter Sunday.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #20210
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
What I'm wondering far more about is why to reject a birthday date? . WT I'm with you on that. It IS idiotic.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #20211
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
No, you're not, and so do I.
I have refused to even create a profile, and am constantly reminded to do so.

They (g00gle) wouldn't let me access my Y0utube account without associating it with my gmail account so I just created another gmail account.

I think I have a first name of 'Wet' in one of my accounts.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #20212
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
What I'm wondering far more about is why to reject a birthday date? . WT I'm with you on that. It IS idiotic.
What causes 18 December to be rejected? Now if your birthday was 29th February I wouldn't be so surprised....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #20213
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
am annoyed that random people I do not know can friend me on Goggle + and I cannot do anything about it. I have no intention of using Goggle + but I should have the ability to decide who sees me information and who does not. I have decided that I am not activating Google + for this very reason.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #20214
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
What causes 18 December to be rejected? Now if your birthday was 29th February I wouldn't be so surprised....
Your guess is as good as mine. The day worked well for me getting born, so it should work for just about anything else! And it's been a problem on more than one site so not just a software glitch!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #20215
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Your guess is as good as mine. The day worked well for me getting born, so it should work for just about anything else! And it's been a problem on more than one site so not just a software glitch!
Hmm.... could this possibly be sites that expect DD/MM/YYYY and not MM/DD/YYY? If if does expect DD/MM/YYY and you enter as 12/18/????, that would fail.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #20216
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
No, you're not, and so do I.
I have refused to even create a profile, and am constantly reminded to do so.

They (g00gle) wouldn't let me access my Y0utube account without associating it with my gmail account so I just created another gmail account.

I think I have a first name of 'Wet' in one of my accounts.
I've decided I'm not changing my name to suit their silliness. I fired off another feedback post this morning, a little stronger than yesterday's. I asked them if they would prefer a driver's license, copy of my birth certificate, or a DNA sample, just before telling them that I am WT Sharpe and if they can't accept that, I guess I just can't be in their little club.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #20217
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I've decided I'm not changing my name to suit their silliness. I fired off another feedback post this morning, a little stronger than yesterday's. I asked them if they would prefer a driver's license, copy of my birth certificate, or a DNA sample, just before telling them that I am WT Sharpe and if they can't accept that, I guess I just can't be in their little club.
Good for you. Google has no right to dictate what people use for a name. Lots of people use their initials as names. If that is what you go by on a daily basis then that IS your name.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #20218
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I go by Tom (see my signature), but there are so many Tom Sharpes on the Internet that I decided to start using my initials to more clearly identify myself. It was especially important because another musician already has claimed that name, and since he once won the John Lennon song writing competition, I didn't want folks to get us mixed up. I thought he wouldn't appreciate that.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #20219
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I go by Tom, but I'll answer to Tom, WT, Tom Sharpe, or WT Sharpe. What I won't answer to is some mega company bully trying to tell me what I should call myself.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #20220
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
I go by Tom, but I'll answer to Tom, WT, Tom Sharpe, or WT Sharpe. What I won't answer to is some mega company bully trying to tell me what I should call myself.
I think there would need to be a very good reason to sign up in the first place and I can't think of one. Then, signing into what I thought was a change to gmail, I inadvertently created a google+ account. Which is a bit of a worry. Sort of like a lonely identity floating in cyberspace, speaking to no one and listening to no one. But big brother Google has his eye on it. . . . . to see if it twitches.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness