Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 12:03 PM   #1981
pricciar
pricciar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Interesting. I didn't realize Calibre allowed for Debug output.
I've cut and pasted the section detailing the book here.

What's odd to me is that even though both Calibre and the Kobo list the book as 100 percent Read. The Debug output seems to be showing only 99 percent. Which I have to think is where the problem stems from.

I just tried opening the book again on the Kobo and reading until the last page. That did not change the behavior.

Code:
DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - Current book: Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - contentIds='['file:///mnt/onboard/Hitchcock, Jane Stanton/Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock.epub']'

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - contentId='file:///mnt/onboard/Hitchcock, Jane Stanton/Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock.epub'

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - device_status='None'

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - result='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': 'OEBPS/Bluff.xhtml', 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 2, '___PercentRead': 99, 'Attribution': 'Jane Stanton Hitchcock', 'DateLastRead': '2020-10-21T13:04:20Z', 'Title': 'Bluff', 'MimeType': 'application/epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': 'file:///mnt/onboard/Hitchcock, Jane Stanton/Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock.epub'}'

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - device_status= {'ChapterIDBookmarked': 'OEBPS/Bluff.xhtml', 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 2, '___PercentRead': 99, 'Attribution': 'Jane Stanton Hitchcock', 'DateLastRead': '2020-10-21T13:04:20Z', 'Title': 'Bluff', 'MimeType': 'application/epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': 'file:///mnt/onboard/Hitchcock, Jane Stanton/Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock.epub'}
pricciar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #1982
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricciar View Post
Interesting. I didn't realize Calibre allowed for Debug output.
I've cut and pasted the section detailing the book here.

What's odd to me is that even though both Calibre and the Kobo list the book as 100 percent Read. The Debug output seems to be showing only 99 percent. Which I have to think is where the problem stems from.

I just tried opening the book again on the Kobo and reading until the last page. That did not change the behavior.

Code:
DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - Current book: Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - contentIds='['file:///mnt/onboard/Hitchcock, Jane Stanton/Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock.epub']'

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - contentId='file:///mnt/onboard/Hitchcock, Jane Stanton/Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock.epub'

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - device_status='None'

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - result='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': 'OEBPS/Bluff.xhtml', 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 2, '___PercentRead': 99, 'Attribution': 'Jane Stanton Hitchcock', 'DateLastRead': '2020-10-21T13:04:20Z', 'Title': 'Bluff', 'MimeType': 'application/epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': 'file:///mnt/onboard/Hitchcock, Jane Stanton/Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock.epub'}'

DEBUG:    0.9 _store_bookmarks - device_status= {'ChapterIDBookmarked': 'OEBPS/Bluff.xhtml', 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 2, '___PercentRead': 99, 'Attribution': 'Jane Stanton Hitchcock', 'DateLastRead': '2020-10-21T13:04:20Z', 'Title': 'Bluff', 'MimeType': 'application/epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': 'file:///mnt/onboard/Hitchcock, Jane Stanton/Bluff - Jane Stanton Hitchcock.epub'}
Sorry, but that doesn't tell me anything useful. I need to see the full log to get an idea of what is happening. While those lines tell me the status from the device, there is nothing about what is in the library, I can't see what options you have active and hence I have no idea what is actually happening. If you don't want to post the log in the thread, I recommend uploading it somewhere and sending me a PM with the link. Or just put it in the PM if it isn't to long.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2020, 01:18 AM   #1983
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocketbook, kobo aura h2o, kobo forma, kobo libra color
Is reading the last page enough, or do you need to read _past_ the last page so it returns you to the previous screen and marks the book as finished...
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #1984
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
From my own experience the last page of the book marks it as 99%. You have to actually finish the book to get 100%. Might depend on the book's length.

But from what pricciar said it was marked as 100% on his device so I'm not sure.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:27 AM   #1985
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Is reading the last page enough, or do you need to read _past_ the last page so it returns you to the previous screen and marks the book as finished...
As @ownedbycats said, you have to turn past the last page for the book to be marked as read. Otherwise it will still be considered as being read with the percent read as 99% (or lower for shorter books).

The reading status (unread, reading, finished) is stored in the database along with the position and percent read. And the device doesn't always set the percent read to 100% for finished books. When the plugin gets the reading status, it uses the status to decide how to handle the percent read. A finished book will always be 100% and an unread always nothing. If the status is "reading", then percent read will be used exactly as in the database.

And if you restore the reading status to the device, the percent read in calibre is use to set the reading status. 100% (or higher) will mean the reading status is set to finished, not set in calibre and 0% (though I have to check the last) will be unread and anything in between will be reading with the percent read set.
Advert
Old 10-29-2020, 08:32 AM   #1986
pricciar

Thanks. I sent you the log in a pm.

Yes. I got to the last page and then continued until the Kobo took me out of the book. I didn't close it up at the last page. Sorry for saying that in a confusing way!
Old 10-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #1987
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks. I sent you the log in a pm.
Well that's annoying. I'm not logging the one piece of useful information. I'll have to prepare a beta to solve that. I'll post that when ready.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #1988
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure if this is by design:

When Store on Connect > Only if More Recent is checked, and the timestamps on the device aren't newer than in the Calibre database, it won't auto-sync any columns that are currently null values.

For example, if someone already has #lastread and #kobobookmarks columns, and then adds the other two. Any books that hadn't been read since the last time they connected won't sync to the new #percentread column unless doing a manual store.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:44 PM   #1989
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Not sure if this is by design:

When Store on Connect > Only if More Recent is checked, and the timestamps on the device aren't newer than in the Calibre database, it won't auto-sync any columns that are currently null values.

For example, if someone already has #lastread and #kobobookmarks columns, and then adds the other two. Any books that hadn't been read since the last time they connected won't sync to the new #percentread column.
That is working as designed. If you need to pick up those values, select the books you want to update and start the store manually. You will get prompted for the options to use.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #1990
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Is there a way to reset the 'last read' date on the device after accidentally opening a book? I turned off auto-sync for now but it keeps prompting me to put the new date in.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:50 PM   #1991
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Is there a way to reset the 'last read' date on the device after accidentally opening a book? I turned off auto-sync for now but it keeps prompting me to put the new date in.
Yes, but, it depends on what you did wrong. If you accidentally opened an unread book and want to return it to that, just mark the book as unread while using the device. You can do this with the "Update metadata metadata in device library" by just using the "Reading Status" options. Or the "Change reading status in device library" option from the device list.

If you opened a book you are reading but want to put the data back to the one in calibre, then use the restore part of "Store/Restore current bookmark".

If you turned off the automatic store of the reading status, it shouldn't be prompting you with anything. Unless you do it manually, and then it only does it for the selected books. Just don't select that book.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:04 PM   #1992
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

It was a non-sideloaded book that I'd finished a few years ago. I did try deleting it from the device in hopes of fixing it which caused some....other issues. Oops.

The "Set date to now" thing confused me. I checked the documentation and realized that unchecking it would set the date to the last-read column. That wasn't mentioned in the tooltip.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-04-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:26 AM   #1993
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It was a non-sideloaded book that I'd finished a few years ago. I did try deleting it from the device in hopes of fixing it which caused some....other issues. Oops.

The "Set date to now" thing confused me. I checked the documentation and realized that unchecking it would set the date to the last-read column. That wasn't mentioned in the tooltip.
Well that check box is to override the default behaviour. As the dialog is for storing and restoring the reading status, I'm not sure what else you would expect.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:49 AM   #1994
pricciar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Well that's annoying. I'm not logging the one piece of useful information. I'll have to prepare a beta to solve that. I'll post that when ready.
I'm not trying to hurry or bug you, just wondering if the beta that logs the needed information is something you are working on. If not, no big deal, I'll remove the book from my device and hope it fixes my problem.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:47 AM   #1995
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm not trying to hurry or bug you, just wondering if the beta that logs the needed information is something you are working on. If not, no big deal, I'll remove the book from my device and hope it fixes my problem.
I had most of it done after the previous post, but needed to clean it and check it was useful. Then I looked at something else, got tangled up in it for a bit and then just didn't want to look at any code.

The attached beta has a lot of extra debugging in the code fetching the reading status from the device. It should be enough to tell me what is going on. Install it and run in debug mode and send me the log.

But, while doing this, I did notice a couple of Python 2/3 related things and fixed them. One of those might have fixed the problem, but, I don't think so.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-beta.zip (287.3 KB, 302 views)

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins