Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #1966
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc H View Post
- - - - -
And if I noticed it right, it is not possible to connect the Kindle to a Network via WiFi if this network is not connected to the Internet. Is there any solution for this?
Yes, documented a long time ago.

You need a flag(name) file in the root of your (USB visible) user store:
Kindle:/WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE
I.E: Alongside the Kindle:/documents folder

The above, case sensitive spelling, no extension, no contents.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #1967
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Doc H: As for the rest, I'm assuming you're using an up to date JB & KUAL?

Is USBNet enabled at boot?

Which USBNet version are you currently running, and which FW version were you previously using?

Does telnet'ing to the device work (if SSH over WiFi is disabled)?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-16-2015 at 01:22 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2015, 05:05 PM   #1968
Doc H
Awesome Student
Doc H began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
@ knc1: Thanks! It worked and I'm glad :-)

@ NiLuJe:
I am using the kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N, KUAL-v2.5 and USBNetwork v0.18.N.
Uh, I think before and during the Jailbreak it was the Firmware-Version 5.6.1.0.2.

Yes, USBNet is enabled at boot.

What did you especially mean with "telnet'ing"? I can't even ping the IP-Adress of my Kindle...
Doc H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #1969
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Doc H:

Huh. That you can't ping it is inconsistent with the status report, unless you're hitting the 'failed to set usb0 ip, this is bad' error at boot time (not that this should happen, but, still).

What happens if you try to toggle it via KUAL?

You could try uninstalling USBNet, manually wiping the usbnet folder, and reinstalling the latest snapshot, and see what happens.

In any case, having a look at some system logs might also be useful (search for ;dm in the Homescreen's search bar), if you could PM me those .
Old 06-23-2015, 07:22 AM   #1970
Doc H
Awesome Student
Doc H began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I reinstalled USBNetwork and its working again.
It's every time the same solution... ^^

Greate Thanks for your support NiLuJe!

I will mail you the log-files I saved before reinstalling.
Doc H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #1971
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try pounding your head against a brick wall.
It feels so much better than trying to deal with Amazon being so difficult.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #1972
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Doc H: Great, thanks .
Old 06-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #1973
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia
oumlaut has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Voyage, iPhone 7
The bridge doesn't seem to work on PW1 with 5.6.1.1. Any experiences?
oumlaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #1974
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oumlaut View Post
The bridge doesn't seem to work on PW1 with 5.6.1.1. Any experiences?
A PW-1 running a 5.6.x series firmware????

What are the first four characters of your Kindle's serial number?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #1975
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
A PW-1 running a 5.6.x series firmware????
They seem to have pushed the update yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What are the first four characters of your Kindle's serial number?
B024.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:49 PM   #1976
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oumlaut View Post
They seem to have pushed the update yesterday.

B024.
It sure does.
You might have mentioned that the failure was in a just-released firmware version.

That is probably significant (plus, this is the first 5.6.x for a PW-1).
Old 06-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #1977
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia

I had an up to date installation of the JailBreak (v. 1.14), and was fond of using usbnet and linkss. Any chance of getting them work again with the firmware update?
Old 06-26-2015, 10:27 PM   #1978
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Won't have any time to look into it until next Tuesday, but thanks for the heads up .
Old 06-27-2015, 03:17 AM   #1979
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Won't have any time to look into it until next Tuesday, but thanks for the heads up .
Thank you NiLuJe. 5.6.1.1 silently ignores kindle-jailbreak-1.14 and kindle-usbnet-0.18. Although I have the most up to date version of the JailBreak, I also gave the hotfix a try. The firmware issues an "Update Error". Let me know if I can be of any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2015_06_26T18_19_08+0259.png
Views:	448
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	139696  
Old 06-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #1980
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Huh, that's a new bit of UI feedback...

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch