Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 01:16 AM   #1936
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hello,

Is there is a way for me to downgrade the plugins?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:24 AM   #1937
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by druss67 View Post
Hello,

Is there is a way for me to downgrade the plugins?
Only if you have a copy of the previous version. But, why do you want to? If it is because of the previous error you reported, that problem will be in all versions of the plugin. It is related to the changes made in calibre version 5 for Python 3.

But, it is also an error in you configuration. The only way I can reproduce that is to configure the plugin to use a custom ratings column, and then delete or rename the column. You should be able to fix this in the plugin configuration by selecting an existing ratings column, or selecting no column.

I will fix this in the plugin. I just have to work out the best way to do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2020, 02:36 PM   #1938
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hi Davidfor,

correct, I have made some noob's test on columns, and I haven't link this fact to the errors i had.

Corrected now.

Sorry for the inconvennience.
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #1939
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocketbook, kobo aura h2o, kobo forma, kobo libra color
I think there is a bug in the backup functionality.

I have a forma and a h2o, both set to backup daily.
The forma is backing up just fine, but I don't have a single backup in the h2o's backup directory since the forma was added. I even changed it to "back up device on each connection" and tried unchecking the forma in the device list. It just never queues up the backup job in the task list.

And there doesn't seem to be a way to manually trigger the backup either. The "backup database" in the menu doesn't do the same thing as the automatic backup with the nice zip file that includes configs, etc.

calibre v. 4.2x and 5.3, kobo utilities 2.11.8 and probably previous

Last edited by compurandom; 10-17-2020 at 10:28 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #1940
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you SET configure options for each device? (on the devices tab)
(I don't have 2 Kobos, but I expect you would need to set 2 directories if you did
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2020, 07:16 PM   #1941
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
did you SET configure options for each device? (on the devices tab)
(I don't have 2 Kobos, but I expect you would need to set 2 directories if you did
Yup, config options for each device, separate directories, etc.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:03 PM   #1942
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Yup, config options for each device, separate directories, etc.
Since on my system, the backup file names include the device name and serial number, I didn't bother with the separate device configurations and it works for 4 devices using a single directory for storage.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:56 PM   #1943
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I think there is a bug in the backup functionality.

I have a forma and a h2o, both set to backup daily.
The forma is backing up just fine, but I don't have a single backup in the h2o's backup directory since the forma was added. I even changed it to "back up device on each connection" and tried unchecking the forma in the device list. It just never queues up the backup job in the task list.

And there doesn't seem to be a way to manually trigger the backup either. The "backup database" in the menu doesn't do the same thing as the automatic backup with the nice zip file that includes configs, etc.

calibre v. 4.2x and 5.3, kobo utilities 2.11.8 and probably previous
For the backup, if you use the "Configure options for each device", then you need to connect the device and then use "Add connected device". Then select the device and configure it. If there isn't a configuration for the currently connected device, the backup isn't done.

If you have done this before, check that the device is still being recognised correctly. The device is identified by an id in the file "driveinfo.calibre". If that gets removed or recreated, the id will change and the device won't be recognised. To check it, connect the device and check that the status column for the device shows an icon, and the firmware version is displayed. If it isn't, then the "Add connected device" button will be enabled and you can add this device. And then configure it.

If it is still not working, I need to see a debug log.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:51 PM   #1944
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Regarding this thread, I did some digging around and found another thread about the ToC updating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
At the moment, there isn't a way to do it. The Kobo firmware loads the ToC into the database when it is first imported. If you replace the book, the firmwares default behaviour is to remove the book from the database and import the updated book as a new book. Which means you lose the reading status. The KoboTouch driver has a cheat so that this is not done. But, it means the ToC is not updated.

I have been, slowly, working on a solution to this. It will be added to my Kobo Utilities plugin. Hopefully I will be able to return to this soon.
Has any progress been made on this? Until then, I'll just replace the book and restore the bookmark from Kobo Utilities.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-18-2020 at 12:20 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:07 AM   #1945
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Regarding this thread, I did some digging around and found another thread about the ToC updating:

Has any progress been made on this? Until then, I'll just replace the book and restore the bookmark from Kobo Utilities.
I have, but, I have had no time to package it properly and work out the options. I do have something I have been running for a while, but, it isn't in a suitable state for others.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:15 PM   #1946
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
For the backup, if you use the "Configure options for each device", then you need to connect the device and then use "Add connected device". Then select the device and configure it. If there isn't a configuration for the currently connected device, the backup isn't done.
Well, re-adding it fixed it. Now I've got two configs for the same device.

It was syncing fine, it just wasn't running backup. I guess it's safe to delete the old config?

And what does that checkbox in the device list do anyway?
Old 10-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #1947
compurandom
Guru

While I'm thinking about it...
The "store bookmark if more recent" is useful, but I'd also like a "store bookmark if further in the book" if that's possible.

Having two devices, the "more recent" is not necessarily the best location, assuming I'm reading a book sequentially.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #1948
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Since on my system, the backup file names include the device name and serial number, I didn't bother with the separate device configurations and it works for 4 devices using a single directory for storage.
I think I changed the directory out of paranoia without checking that. But now I've set it that way, I think I'll keep it that way. Less likely to grab the wrong database if I'm restoring maybe. Might change my mind later, but I doubt it will be an issue either way.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #1949
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
I have, but, I have had no time to package it properly and work out the options. I do have something I have been running for a while, but, it isn't in a suitable state for others.
Thanks.

Btw, is there a way to reconnect a Kobo after ejection without unplugging the cable and plugging it back in? Fitting a plug into a tiny little slot is not fun when your hand is stuck in a spin cycle.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:59 PM   #1950
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Thanks.

Btw, is there a way to reconnect a Kobo after ejection without unplugging the cable and plugging it back in? Fitting a plug into a tiny little slot is not fun when your hand is stuck in a spin cycle.
Calibre / plugin can't fix this. But there's a feature in NickelMenu that will do it. I use it frequently as sometimes I leave it plugged in after sideload/eject to charge, but then realize there's one more book I wanted to add...

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins