Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #181
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon Man View Post
Flashpoint was a good show, they canceled it here before it was canceled there though.
There are new episodes of Flashpoint airing on Friday,
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #182
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One show that's being canceled for a really bad reason is Cold Case. It's being canceled not because of ratings, but because of cost. They say it's too expensive to make. That can and probably will set a precedence. This will mean that when a show gets to be too costly, it'll just be canceled. This is not good. Look out for more cheap shit reality TV to take the place of good shows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #183
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
La Femme Nikita. They canceled it, people petitioned and got it brought back for a half season, which was just awful! They just went through and killed people off and hacked together an ending. *sigh* it was such a good show.
S
I liked Nikita as well. The CW is doing a remake of Nikita this fall (I'm not sure if it will be based on the La Femme Nikita movie, the t.v. show, or the remake of the movie, "Point of No Return". I'll try to watch a few episodes, keeping an open mind.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #184
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
...as was the also canceled Nero Wolfe....
That show had way too brief a run! The best part of the Nero Wolfe TV show was right at the end, just before going to the final commercial, when Archie would turn to the camera and announce that if you had been watching carefully, you too would know the identity of the killer! Then you had have a few minutes to match wits with Nero to see if you could solve the crime before they returned and announced the solution.

The old time radio show was great also, as are the books.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #185
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Best uncanceled series!

Reminder-- the first new episode of Futurama airs tomorrow after a short 7-year hiatus. (The first two episodes are already "around.")
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #186
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #187
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Herman's Head
Dollhouse
Reaper
Kindred: The Embraced (before vampires became really really uncool)
Blake's 7
Farscape
Futureama (canceled and brought back and.... ? )
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #188
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I searched for a post on Veronica Mars in this thread and came up empty -- which surprises me. There were a lot of higher volume fans back in the day. I'm starting to see why.

After a surprise recommendation from someone whose taste is similar to mine, I started watching it on thewb.com. A teen show with intelligent writing, both in dialogue and plot development? Likable and believable characters with real flaws and sophistication as well as generally solid performances (specifically, the daughter/dad dynamic is really impressive on this show, less so the friends)? (and here's the kicker) On the CW?!? I don't know if it was my super low expectations or what, but I'm really loving this show.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #189
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I searched for a post on Veronica Mars in this thread and came up empty -- which surprises me. There were a lot of higher volume fans back in the day. I'm starting to see why.
A long time ago, I used to watch Veronica Mars, but I haven't thought of it lately at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_dqD9RrKM
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:20 AM   #190
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Don't know if someone already mentioned this, but Arrested Development was a terrific show, and suffered an untimely demise.

Also, Jericho was not bad.

Throw in shows that were cancelled and brought back (like Family Guy and Futurama) and it seems Fox has a tendency to give up on shows a bit too easily.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:29 AM   #191
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
After a surprise recommendation from someone whose taste is similar to mine, I started watching it on thewb.com. A teen show with intelligent writing, both in dialogue and plot development? Likable and believable characters with real flaws and sophistication as well as generally solid performances (specifically, the daughter/dad dynamic is really impressive on this show, less so the friends)? (and here's the kicker) On the CW?!? I don't know if it was my super low expectations or what, but I'm really loving this show.
It is really good. I re-watched season 2 recently and and it is better than most shows. For me it is among the best TV series I have seen (the others are Buffy, The Wire, Wonderfalls).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #192
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
It is really good. I re-watched season 2 recently and and it is better than most shows. For me it is among the best TV series I have seen (the others are Buffy, The Wire, Wonderfalls).
It is one of the best tv series I've seen, as well. I might be due for a re-watch.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #193
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Pushing Daisies
Threshold
Century City
The Agency
Century City is now on Hulu!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #194
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Firefly
Jericho
Journeyman
New Amsterdam
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #195
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Firefly
Jericho
Journeyman
New Amsterdam
Excellent list, all show that should have been given more time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote