Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2022, 10:17 AM   #181
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I haven’t had any issues with 4.35
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 08:32 AM   #182
Hoang9630
Hoang9630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kobo Libra 2 unstable

Hi every one,
I use Kobo Libra 2, software version 4.34.20097 ( update 15/9/2022 )
My device usually unstable, look like can not next, back or touch to screen without feedback. in this case, I must keep power button 8-10s. Sometime it’s can not sleep
I don’t no it’s belong hardware or software
Pls give me advise
Hoang9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2023, 12:43 AM   #183
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm beginning to wonder if this firmware was pulled because of battery issues. Since my Forma updated to 4.35, I've had several instances where the battery will appear to have a decent amount of charge and the next time I look, the device will be off and saying it needs charging. Just now, I was reading with the battery looking like it had a bit over 10% charge. Suddenly, it just shut down and wanted charging. It gave no popup requesting it be charged. It just turned off and wouldn't come on until I plugged it in.

I've also had two or three freezes where I had to force shutdown the device and restart it. I haven't seen that issue for several firmwares.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 11:32 AM   #184
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if this firmware was pulled because of battery issues. Since my Forma updated to 4.35, I've had several instances where the battery will appear to have a decent amount of charge and the next time I look, the device will be off and saying it needs charging. Just now, I was reading with the battery looking like it had a bit over 10% charge. Suddenly, it just shut down and wanted charging. It gave no popup requesting it be charged. It just turned off and wouldn't come on until I plugged it in.

I've also had two or three freezes where I had to force shutdown the device and restart it. I haven't seen that issue for several firmwares.
Not in my case. I also have a Forma, and no issues for now, my Forma is synching correctly (I've bought some books since the update) and I haven't noticed any issues.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 01:37 PM   #185
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When my Forma got down to about 10% this time around (which seemed to happen faster than normal), I double-checked the level (it was actually 9%) and didn't have the power-down issue. But, even though I finally gave in and plugged it in at 4%, it never gave me a low-battery warning. I *thought* that was supposed to happen at 10% and then sometime really close to actual shutdown.
Advert
Old 01-03-2023, 10:52 PM   #186
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I had no problem until after it got pulled, and then had to downgrade because syncing got stuck at "checking for updates." I might re-upgrade and see if it happens again.
Sync still gets stuck on "checking for updates." Oh well.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:27 PM   #187
Burblebup
Enthusiast
Burblebup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post

Since 4.35, my Sage has also had one instance of the battery issue and several of the freeze and forced shutdown issue you mention, whereas before such issues were quite rare. It is generally still fine, but loading books and putting it into sleep mode seem a bit more sluggish, and the freeze occurs sporadically when turning a page or clicking on an icon in the pull-down menu.
Burblebup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:00 PM   #188
Rid
Addict
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
My Aura One has had a few battery drains with 4.34 and 4.35.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:36 AM   #189
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Yesterday my Aura 2nd ed v1 automagically updated via OTA to 4.35, so it seems that the FW roll-out restarted.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:59 AM   #190
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
If it's the same code, then the reason for pulling it wasn't the code itself but some lack at Kobo shop or sync servers.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:30 AM   #191
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocketbook, kobo aura h2o, kobo forma, kobo libra color
Or maybe they accidentally released it before they were done testing, then paused the release, finished testing and found no problems, and resumed.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:18 PM   #192
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Interesting that pgaskin's firmware download page still shows 4.34.20097 as the default download version.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:01 PM   #193
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
If it's the same code, then the reason for pulling it wasn't the code itself but some lack at Kobo shop or sync servers.
I cannot compare the codebase, but it identifies itself identical to 4.35.20400 08-12-22 as on my Libra 2. Better still: its user does not have complaints
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:32 AM   #194
enuddleyarbl
Guru

Another shutdown because of low power. I'd let the Forma sleep a couple of hours ago (with most of a full charge in it (I'd guess about half full)). I just picked it up to read, swiped up to wake it back up, a bit of a flash, and it shut down saying it needed a charge. No warning message and no delay. Plugged it in and everything appears fine. Odd stuff.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:06 AM   #195
enuddleyarbl
Guru

Sudden battery drain last night, again. I quit reading about 10 pm last night. I specifically noted the battery was at about 50% charge. Put the Forma in sleep mode and did the same for me. This morning, I woke up, and it's sitting there telling me "Your Battery is Low" at the 1% charge level. I had no issues with the battery holding a charge before this firmware.

Tags
firmware, firmware release