Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #181
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Not used it, but this one in the 99 cent sale might be of general interest here:

Universal Book Reader Full Key by MobiSystems
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #182
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
You are welcome. I was not sure if any of them were worthwhile as they were unfamiliar to me.
Nova Launcher Prime is excellent, but more for power users. And even then, not all power users need the features unlocked by Prime. I bought it because there were a couple of those features I wouldn't mind having (don't really need them, but they'd be nice to have) and I wanted to support the developer a bit. But most people never replace the default launcher on their Android devices and don't need to. I'm pretty sure it works on the current Kindle Fires though, and can give users a more normal Android experience on those devices. This is available for free, and the free version would suit most people just fine.

Today Calendar Pro is one of the best calendar apps out there for Android, and blows Google's own calendar app out of the water. I recommend it for everyone who uses the calendar on their Android phone a lot. The free version of it is only a free trial, so you have to pay to use it beyond a month.

PowerAmp Full Version is a great music player and would be especially useful for those that use an Android device as a music player. The free version of it is only a trial version, so you have to pay for it to use it more than fifteen days. I got it because I'm planning on getting a cheap Android no-contract phone to use as a music player. Now I just have to hope iSyncr goes on sale sometime this year.

Beyond those, the Toca games are great for kids.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #183
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Thanks for the info! I use a little LG Fuel as a dedicated music player, cheap Android phones work great for that purpose. They also make nice Chromecast remotes.
BTW that Equalizer + Pro is a nice app. Just now using it on my phone and tablet.

Last edited by Conan46; 03-06-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #184
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
Thanks for the info! I use a little LG Fuel as a dedicated music player, cheap Android phones work great for that purpose. They also make nice Chromecast remotes.
BTW that Equalizer + Pro is a nice app. Just now using it on my phone and tablet.
That's what I'm intending to do. I had hoped to use Dad's old HTC One V. That thing's a big piece of junk, and he ended up with it because he decided to go get a new phone without having me come with him. (He has no clue about smartphones.) But nope, it refuses to work with the 64gb microSD card I bought. So now I'm going to wait till Black Friday season/month and pick up a decent, but cheap, no-contract phone instead.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #185
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
That's what I'm intending to do. I had hoped to use Dad's old HTC One V. That thing's a big piece of junk, and he ended up with it because he decided to go get a new phone without having me come with him. (He has no clue about smartphones.) But nope, it refuses to work with the 64gb microSD card I bought. So now I'm going to wait till Black Friday season/month and pick up a decent, but cheap, no-contract phone instead.
Specs on that are very similar to the LG Fuel. Yes, 32 g card is max. I mostly stream from my collection via Google Play Music. You can upload quite a few songs for free and stream via wifi.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #186
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free MP3's from Paul McCartney. Requires email addy, postal code & country...

http://www.paulmccartney.com/downloads

Wings Letting Go [Extended Version] - MP3

Wings 'Love My Baby' [From 'One Hand Clapping'] - MP3

Wings 'Rock Show [New Version]' - MP3

Paul McCartney 'Take It Away [Single Edit] (2015 Remaster)

'Say Say Say [2015 Remix] - Instrumental'
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #187
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nine Inch Nails is giving away downloads of their album, The Slip. (requires email)

http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Quote:
as a thank you to our fans for your continued support, we are giving away the new nine inch nails album one hundred percent free, exclusively via nin.com.

the music is available in a variety of formats including high-quality MP3, FLAC or M4A lossless at CD quality and even higher-than-CD quality 24/96 WAVE. your link will include all options - all free. all downloads include a PDF with artwork and credits.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #188
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Heads Up
If you got this tomorrow's the last day to redeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
The Google Play store is having a "Play Days" promotion. In addition to the freebies above and other deals, there's an offer for 50% off any one movie rental.

I see the offer on the Play store main page in the banner at the top (see attached image). On my phone, I saw a link in the middle of the Movies & TV page.

Clicking the banner takes you to https://play.google.com/redeem?code=PDMOVIE2016 which is just the standard redeem page with the code PDMOVIE2016, so if you can't find the offer, you could just try redeeming the code.

If you look around the Play store, there are other deals like $0.99 music albums, 50% off TV seasons, etc.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:41 PM   #189
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Google Play has Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" album free at the present time.

From Wikipedia, via Google Play:
Hybrid Theory is the debut album by the American rock band Linkin Park, released on October 24, 2000 through Warner Bros. Records. The album was a commercial success, having been certified Diamond for sales of over 10 million units in the United States alone as of 2010, peaking at number two on the Billboard 200, and also reaching high positions on other charts worldwide.

Recorded at NRG Recordings in North Hollywood, California, and produced by Don Gilmore, the album's lyrical themes deal with problems lead vocalist Chester Bennington experienced during his adolescence, including drug abuse and the constant fighting and divorce of his parents. Hybrid Theory takes its title from the previous name of the band as well as the concept of music theory and combining different styles.

Four singles were released from the album: "One Step Closer", "Crawling", "Papercut", and "In the End", all of them being responsible for launching Linkin Park into mainstream popularity. While "In the End" was the most successful of the four, all of the singles in the album remain some of the band's most successful songs to date.

Google Play describes the album as "alternative/indie." It's rated 4.8/5.0 (9,731) at Google Play.

Here's the link.

Another free one is Anderson East's "Delilah." There are also several albums for 99 cents at the present time. I see these:
Green Day, "American Idiot."
Charlie Puth, "Nine Track Mind."
B.o.B., "Strange Clouds."
Tank, "Sex, Love & Pain II."
Ty Dolla Sign, "Free TC."

See all of the bargains that I've mentioned, here.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-16-2016 at 05:49 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:26 PM   #190
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alexander Street's new "download of the week" is Gustav Mahler, "Symphony No. 4."

Here's the linky.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:30 PM   #191
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Free from Google Play...

Moon Shot, a documentary about the Google Lunar X-Prize (9 short episodes)
https://play.google.com/store/movies...ies_SLOT-Image
Quote:
Head on a lunar adventure with Moon Shot, the new series from Google and J.J. Abrams. Available now on Google Play.
Quote:
Academy Award®-nominated director Orlando von Einsiedel, Executive Producer J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot and Epic Digital have joined forces with Google and XPRIZE to create a documentary web series about the people competing for the Google Lunar XPRIZE (http://lunar.xprize.org). The Google Lunar XPRIZE is the largest prize competition of all time with a reward of $30 million and aims to incentivize entrepreneurs to create a new era of affordable access to the Moon and beyond, while inspiring the next generation of scientists, engineers, and explorers.

This character-driven, emotional, awe-inspiring series of 9 short films will follow a selection of the teams currently racing to complete their missions. It will explore the lives of their charismatic, quirky members, the sacrifices they have made to get to where they are today, and crucially, what drives them on this incredible journey.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-16-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #192
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Video -- Batman: Gotham Knight -- Free Rental

Quote:
When renting, you have 30 days to start watching this video, and 24 hours to finish once started.
Starring: Kevin Conroy, Jason Marsden
Runtime: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Released: Jul 2008
Ratings: PG-13 / Amz= 3.5 / IMDB= 6.8

Quote:
Batman: Gotham Knight (バットマン ゴッサムナイト Battoman Gossamunaito?) is a 2008 direct-to-DVD anthology film of six short anime superhero films intended to be set in between the films Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008). It depicts Batman battling against the mob of Gotham City, as well as other villains. The producers have acknowledged that it is not necessarily meant to be canon to the The Dark Knight Trilogy and any of the six segments could easily fall into almost any Batman continuity. The shorts, or segments, are written by Josh Olson, David S. Goyer, Brian Azzarello, Greg Rucka, Jordan Goldberg and Alan Burnett. Although all based on Japanese anime art style, each segment has its own writing and artistic style, just as the works from the DC Universe, and with the same style of The Animatrix although some segments are connected. All six films of the feature star Kevin Conroy, reprising his voice role as Batman from the DC animated universe.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-18-2016 at 10:52 PM.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #193
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I learned that Classical-music.com, the official website of the BBC Music Magazine, offers a free download each week.

This week's free download is "Love" from Shostakovich's "Suite on Poems by Michelangelo."

Quoting David Nice from the March issue of the BBC Music Magazine, the website says that "Russian baritone Dmitri Hvorostovsky manages to combine 'dark timbre with an emotional warmth'.

After you've set up an account (your name and the selection of a password is about all that there is to getting it), you can go to this webpage and click on the "download now" button on top of the track's thumbnail image in order to get the freebie.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-19-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #194
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Free MP3's from Paul McCartney. Requires email addy, postal code & country...

http://www.paulmccartney.com/downloads

Wings Letting Go [Extended Version] - MP3

Wings 'Love My Baby' [From 'One Hand Clapping'] - MP3

Wings 'Rock Show [New Version]' - MP3

Paul McCartney 'Take It Away [Single Edit] (2015 Remaster)

'Say Say Say [2015 Remix] - Instrumental'
Great find. I had overlooked your post until just now. Luckily, the offers were still good.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #195
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
FYI

Quote:
$5 VUDU Credit.

Code:
http://adhoc.peel.com/vudu/getcode?campaignmethod=pt&campaigntype=promo&campaignid=80
If you try a couple of times it should give you two credits.

Don't know how long the promotion will last but it seems the credits expire after 30 days
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere