Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #181
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukalady View Post
What's the "best" way to cancel a membership and still retain maximum ability to "see" and purchase from sales? I know you have to be a full member to qualify for all the sales, but what's the next best way to do it (and still not pay a monthly fee)?

Also, I have a three-month gift membership ending March 3 and have already used up my "trial" offer, too. I currently have four credits and nothing is piquing my interest at the moment to use them on. Will I "lose" those credits if I don't use them before March 3? If not, do they last forever???

You folks are all experts at Audible and I've learned much from your insight; I'll appreciate any help with these two questions.

Mahalo nui loa!
There are no free options if you want to keep your credits. You need to get the Light Plan for $9.95/year; otherwise, you'll lose your credits when your gift membership ends. Also, you have six months from the issue date to use your gift credits or you'll lose them.

Quote:
The Light Annual Plan is the smallest plan Audible currently offers. It is an annual charge of $9.95 a year. This plan is for members who may not need all of the benefits that come with a regular Audible membership. The Light Annual plan allows you to use your credits without losing them, as you would if you were to cancel your membership entirely.

The Light Annual Plan’s benefits include:

Access to selective Member-Only sales periodically throughout the year, including discounts of up to 50%.
The ability to retain and use any accumulated credits for up to one year.
The option to re-enroll into a monthly or annual credited membership at any time.

Note:You cannot enroll in this plan on the Audible Web site. If you would like to switch to this plan please contact our Customer Care Department. We would be happy to help.
Do my membership credits expire?
Quote:
Note: Gift membership credits are not affected in the same way as monthly/annual credits, but expire six months after being issued.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-20-2016 at 07:57 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #182
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If it still works as it has in the past, then when you cancel your membership online, and maybe if you call, I don't know, you'll be offered Audible Light membership. That's $9.95 per YEAR, for which you get member pricing, and get to keep your existing credits.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #183
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
If it still works as it has in the past, then when you cancel your membership online, and maybe if you call, I don't know, you'll be offered Audible Light membership. That's $9.95 per YEAR, for which you get member pricing, and get to keep your existing credits.
Mr Monkey's clicketyclick above says

Quote:
You cannot enroll in this plan on the Audible Web site. If you would like to switch to this plan please contact our Customer Care Department. We would be happy to help.
I'm squandering credits I've accrued while having a monthly membership for specific books and the Light plan has been perfect for me. (the yellow guy needs a set of headphones).
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:40 PM   #184
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible Daily Deal -- exp 20 Feb @ 11:59pm ET

$1.95 -- The Fire Next Time -- James Baldwin -- read by Jesse L Martin (2.4 hrs)

Quote:
At once a powerful evocation of his early life in Harlem and a disturbing examination of the consequences of racial injustice to both the individual and the body politic, James Baldwin galvanized the nation in the early days of the civil-rights movement with this eloquent manifesto. The Fire Next Time stands as one of the essential works of our literature.

Note: bad monkey, forgot to post the Daily Deal
Old 02-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #185
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Mr Monkey's clicketyclick above says
Yes but that means you can't go to the site and directly choose the plan. Pretty sure you still will be offered Light when you cancel your monthly sub online.
Advert
Old 02-20-2016, 10:24 PM   #186
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
What about the option of putting the membership on hold? I didn't see anything about Audible requiring a minimum period of membership before the first hold request.

I just put my membership on hold and was able to do it via Audible's chat.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #187
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
What about the option of putting the membership on hold? I didn't see anything about Audible requiring a minimum period of membership before the first hold request.

For how long can you put it on hold? 90 days? Not indefinitely surely.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:43 PM   #188
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Yes but that means you can't go to the site and directly choose the plan. Pretty sure you still will be offered Light when you cancel your monthly sub online.
Quite correct. They offered it to me when I cancelled my last trial membership online. I refused.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-20-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #189
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
For how long can you put it on hold? 90 days? Not indefinitely surely.
Correct, it's 3 months.

edit: Catlady correctly pointed out that it's for up to 3 months.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-20-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:48 PM   #190
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Correct, it's 3 months.
Or less. They told me one, two, or three months. Then you have to wait a year to do it again.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:54 PM   #191
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

I'm not sure about gift memberships. I don't know if Audible considers these memberships as monthly memberships. Those accounts aren't automatically renewed at the end of the gift membership. They just terminate.

Quote:
Audible monthly memberships can be placed on hold for up to three months. During this time you will not be billed your monthly membership fee. To place your account on hold, please contact Customer Care.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #192
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Or less. They told me one, two, or three months. Then you have to wait a year to do it again.
That's right. I didn't see the "for up to" qualifier.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #193
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible Daily Deal -- exp 21 Feb @ 11:59pm ET

$4.95 -- Starlight Detectives -- Alan Hirshfeld -- read by Joe Barrett (13.1 hrs)

Quote:
In 1929, Edwin Hubble announced the greatest discovery in the history of astronomy since Galileo first turned a telescope to the heavens. The galaxies, previously believed to float serenely in the void, are in fact hurtling apart at an incredible speed: the universe is expanding. This stunning discovery was the culmination of a decades-long arc of scientific and technical advancement. In its shadow lies an untold, yet equally fascinating, backstory whose cast of characters illuminates the gritty, hard-won nature of scientific progress.

The path to a broader mode of cosmic observation was blazed by a cadre of 19th-century amateur astronomers and inventors, galvanized by the advent of photography, spectral analysis, and innovative technology to create the entirely new field of astrophysics. From William Bond, who turned his home into a functional observatory, to John and Henry Draper, a father and son team who were trailblazers of astrophotography and spectroscopy, to geniuses of invention such as Lon Foucault and George Hale, who founded the Mount Wilson Observatory, Hirshfeld reveals the incredible stories and the ambitious dreamers behind the birth of modern astronomy.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #194
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Nook Daily Find -- exp 21 Feb

$3.99 -- Seagrass Pier -- Colleen Coble -- read by Devon O'Day (9.5 hrs)

Quote:
In a secluded corner of Hope Beach, one woman must decipher a stranger’s memories . . . before they cost her everything.

Elin Summerall was one of the lucky ones. Not only did she get a heart transplant, but the donor was a perfect fit. A miraculously perfect fit.

But when Elin begins having violent flashbacks-and vivid dreams of being strangled-she realizes that she has been the recipient of more than just a new heart . . . Elin is remembering her donor’s murder.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #195
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible Daily Deal -- exp 21 Feb @ 11:59pm ET

$4.95 -- Starlight Detectives -- Alan Hirshfeld -- read by Joe Barrett (13.1 hrs)
4.7 (19) stars at Amazon; 4.5 (17) stars at Audible.

It's a little bit more expensive than most Audible Daily Deals, but it's got good "bang for the buck" (non-Americans, replace that with your favorite synonymous idiom) with 13.1 hours playing time.

Astronomy is one of my casual interests. This is a definite must-buy for me. Thanks for posting it.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote