Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-26-2020, 01:24 AM   #1906
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesat View Post
Earlier today I installed Calibre version 5, then later in the day I installed version 2.11.5 of the plugin. I didn't connect my Kobo Clara HD in between so I don't know which is causing the issue, but given Calibre is working fine I suspect it is the plugin.

The issue is that when I plug in the Kobo and it runs the scan through the books, it's always telling me that there are no new reading positions even though I know there are; I've been into a few books since it was last plugged in.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue or what I can show you to help fix it, but if you could look into it that would be great. Thanks!
It is working perfectly here. I use it at least daily, so I know when it stops working.

If the fetch is running, but, there are no changes in reading status found, it usually means the book you are reading on the device is not matched to the book in the library. If there isn't a green tick showing next to the book when the device is connected, the plugin cannot get the reading status from the device. You need to manually match for the book using the device list.

It could also be the options. You can configure the fetch to only get the status for books that are not finished in the library. If you reopen a finished book on the device, the status won't be fetched. Similarly, there are some timestamp checks. If you changed the time on the device, you could be reading in the past.

If all that checks out, I need to see a debug log. I gave instruction on how to do this in the reply to @jbennion a few days ago.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:51 AM   #1907
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Small question: Did the toolbar button supposed to change from "Kobo Utilities" to "KoboUtilities"? I use two lines for icon text and after updating it was enough to push one of my other toolbar buttons into the overflow section.

It's not a big deal (I just stuck Kobo Utilities into the Favourites menu) but I'm wondering if that was a mistake or something.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-26-2020 at 01:54 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2020, 03:57 AM   #1908
midoris
midoris began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Hi everyone,
I'm having this problem: yesterday i installed the latest versions of Calibre and Kobo plugins. Today i connected my device and nothing happened. Calibre can't see it, my computer can, i can see all my files without any problems, so it is clearly a Calibre/Plugin problem. I also tried to go back to version 5.0.0. but nothing changed so maybe there's a plugin issue here.. Any thoughts? Thanks!
midoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:34 AM   #1909
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Small question: Did the toolbar button supposed to change from "Kobo Utilities" to "KoboUtilities"? I use two lines for icon text and after updating it was enough to push one of my other toolbar buttons into the overflow section.

It's not a big deal (I just stuck Kobo Utilities into the Favourites menu) but I'm wondering if that was a mistake or something.
I didn't change anything with this. And I checked a 3.48 install with version 2.10.0 of the plugin. In that the label on the button doesn't have the space. I don't think anything has changed. I don't remember why I didn't put the space in. I'll look and see if it can be added without breaking anything.
Old 09-26-2020, 04:39 AM   #1910
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by midoris View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm having this problem: yesterday i installed the latest versions of Calibre and Kobo plugins. Today i connected my device and nothing happened. Calibre can't see it, my computer can, i can see all my files without any problems, so it is clearly a Calibre/Plugin problem. I also tried to go back to version 5.0.0. but nothing changed so maybe there's a plugin issue here.. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Are you saying that calibre is not connecting to the device and showing the books? If so, it isn't this plugin. It will only do anything if calibre has identified a Kobo device.

If calibre is not seeing the device, you should try the steps in My device is not detected by calibre. They will help work out if it is the device, the OS or calibre.
Advert
Old 09-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #1911
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If all that checks out, I need to see a debug log.
Well, I hadn't changed any settings and I went over them again. Every book on the device has a green check mark. So I tried the debug log thing... now I have that, but don't know how to send it to you on here; how can I do that?

Edit: I just found out that it will update if I MANUALLY 'store/restore current bookmark' since I did it with a story I had started since this happened and it updated to 6%, etc. But it still isn't doing it on connect like it used to.

Last edited by JDesat; 09-26-2020 at 11:48 AM.
JDesat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:47 PM   #1912
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well, I hadn't changed any settings and I went over them again. Every book on the device has a green check mark. So I tried the debug log thing... now I have that, but don't know how to send it to you on here; how can I do that?

Edit: I just found out that it will update if I MANUALLY 'store/restore current bookmark' since I did it with a story I had started since this happened and it updated to 6%, etc. But it still isn't doing it on connect like it used to.
You can post the log here. Or, if you don't want to do that PM, it to me. Or upload it somewhere and PM the link to me.

But, as it works when done manually, the simple answer is that the configuration you use is different in the two places. And that means it would be useful to have a log that it has both the automatic and the manual method. That will tell me what the difference between the two methods.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:09 AM   #1913
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

I just sent it to you in PM. I had to do it in 2 messages because it was too long for just one.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #1914
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Can version 2.11.5 still be used with calibre 4.23? Or needs it calibre 5.x (due to Python 3.x)?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:52 AM   #1915
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I just sent it to you in PM. I had to do it in 2 messages because it was too long for just one.
Thanks, that told me what was happening. And I'd actually seen it recently, but, but hadn't been able to reproduce it.

The problem is happening when the last read date isn't set for books marked as finished or being read. It looks like it is caused by using other functions in the plugin. The most likely one would be setting the reading status using either the "Update metadata in device library" or "Change Reading Status in device library". The "Store/Restore current bookmark" would probably also do it if the date isn't stored. It would also need two copies of the same book to be on the device.

The attached beta should fix this. I added some extra checks on the last date read to prevent the error. I have also turned on some extra debugging in case it doesn't solve the problem. That should give a better idea of what is happening if this doesn't fix it.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-07-2020 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #1916
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Can version 2.11.5 still be used with calibre 4.23? Or needs it calibre 5.x (due to Python 3.x)?
Yes, it is compatible with 4.23. In my release post above, I made sure I mentioned this. But, as that post will get lost, I have added that statement to the version history in the first post.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #1917
JDesat
Connoisseur

The beta seems to have fixed it for me. Thank you!!
Old 09-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #1918
MJLee
Enthusiast
MJLee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reposting this from another calibre forum:

I updated to 5.0.1 and now the viewer won't open, or rather it will but but give a warning:

calibre, version 5.0.1
ERROR: Loading book failed: Failed to open the book at C:\Users\miamu\Calibre Library\Unknown 1001\Neon Snowman (1763)\Neon Snowman - Unknown 1001.kepub. Click "Show details" for more info.

Failed to convert book: C:\Users\miamu\Calibre Library\Unknown 1001\Neon Snowman (1763)\Neon Snowman - Unknown 1001.kepub with error:
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\miamu\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plug ins\\KePub Metadata Writer.zip'
InputFormatPlugin: KePub Input running
on C:\Users\miamu\Calibre Library\Unknown 1001\Neon Snowman (1763)\Neon Snowman - Unknown 1001.kepub
KEPUBInput::convert - start
KEPUB appears to be invalid ZIP file, trying a more forgiving ZIP parser
Failed to run pipe worker with command: from calibre.srv.render_book import viewer_main; viewer_main()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 89, in <module>
File "site.py", line 84, in main
File "site.py", line 55, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 871, in viewer_main
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 862, in render_for_viewer
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 839, in render
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 63, in extract_book
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 245, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.kepubin.conversion.kepub_inpu t", line 89, in convert
AttributeError: module 'os' has no attribute 'getcwdu'

4.9 had the same problem with some books but now this applies to all books. However if I manually open them in epub, no problem. Solutions?

It seems it's kepub which is the problem and calibre fails to open in kepub which is fine with me. How do I reset so it opens in epub?

Edit: I updated all Kobo plugins and the viewer opens the book but not before asking me to chose an app for viewing kepub. I've gone into the Preferences and clicked that I don't want to view it in kepub but it persists in asking me, which is very irritating.

Dubbel edit: ok, I directed it to open kepub in the viewer which is fine but now it opens in kepub first, while I want it to open in epub. Any suggestions on how to reverse the format order it opens in?

Edit 3: If I have dl a book (fanfic btw) in only epub it opens in epub without problem.
MJLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #1919
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
MJL
Kepub is unique to Kobo. You are expected to use their App or device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:34 PM   #1920
MJLee
Enthusiast
MJLee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
MJL
Kepub is unique to Kobo. You are expected to use their App or device
I've had kepub books without any problems in calibre previously. As in converted from epub to kepub (while keeping the epub format) and the viewer has always opened in epub. This is a completely new problem dating from the latest update? How can I stop it from opening in kepub instead of epub as it did in all the previous versions?
MJLee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins