Old 02-18-2021, 01:35 PM   #1816
Freakeao
Connoisseur
Freakeao began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bootstrap2 theme specific changes
COPS level changes
  • Added support for more than 2 themes
  • Ignored formats support. (Hide Original_EPUB for example)

Last edited by Freakeao; 02-18-2021 at 01:39 PM.
Freakeao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:46 AM   #1817
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If using bootstrap (or bootstrap2) template how do I change the kindle email address? With the default template - from Home I click on the spanner and have the option there to change it, but I cannot find any way to do this using the bootstrap templates. Am I missing something?
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2021, 01:59 AM   #1818
Freakeao
Connoisseur

You're not missing anything. The bootstrap templates did not implement that settings page. So you can switch to the default template and update the address and switch back to bootstrap(2)
Old 02-19-2021, 04:02 AM   #1819
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeao View Post
You're not missing anything. The bootstrap templates did not implement that settings page. So you can switch to the default template and update the address and switch back to bootstrap(2)
Thank you. I had to add $config['cops_template'] = 'default'; to my config_local.php to get this to work but all good now.
Old 02-19-2021, 01:29 PM   #1820
Freakeao
Connoisseur

On the header bar in bootstrap2, there is a a button to switch to default. Did that not work for you?

Just tested it, and yea, that's not working if the config is set to bootstrap2.

UPDATE: Fix pushed to github.

Last edited by Freakeao; 02-19-2021 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Issue fixed
Advert
Old 02-19-2021, 01:44 PM   #1821
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
I do not need 2 bootstrap themes, so I renamed yours to bootstrap and had no problems.

mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #1822
jillmess
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote:
On the header bar in bootstrap2, there is a a button to switch to default. Did that not work for you?

Just tested it, and yea, that's not working if the config is set to bootstrap2.

UPDATE: Fix pushed to github.
Thanks.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:13 AM   #1823
euleralves
euleralves began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW2
I was able to use COPS on my router running OpenWRT.

Here is the recipe: https://alves.pro.br/information_tec...ops-on-openwrt

I had a hard time solving the dependences manually.

Spoiler:
Code:
opkg install php7 php7-cgi php7-cli 
opkg install php7-mod-dom php7-mod-gd php7-mod-json php7-mod-pdo php7-mod-pdo-sqlite php7-mod-sqlite3 php7-mod-xml php7-mod-xmlreader php7-mod-xmlwriter php7-mod-zip php7-mod-mbstring php7-mod-openssl php7-mod-phar  php7-mod-intl  php7-mod-ctype​
opkg install git-http unzip
opkg install zoneinfo-core zoneinfo-southamerica zoneinfo-northamerica

ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Brazil/East /etc/localtime

cd /
git clone https://github.com/seblucas/cops.git
mv cops www2
cd www2

# Composer download as stated on https://getcomposer.org/download/
php-cli -r "copy('https://getcomposer.org/installer', 'composer-setup.php');"
php-cli composer-setup.php
php-cli -r "unlink('composer-setup.php');"

# Composer installation as stated by seblucas
php-cli composer.phar global require "fxp/composer-asset-plugin:~1.1"
php-cli composer.phar install --no-dev --optimize-autoloader

# It'll be needed to set uhttp specially index_page index_file interpreter
# It'll be needed to set config_local.php and config_default.php

Last edited by euleralves; 02-21-2021 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Add information
euleralves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:06 PM   #1824
Minstrelcda
Minstrelcda doesn't litterMinstrelcda doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Hi Freakeao

I'm running COPS in a jail on a Truenas server. A while back, you had indicated that all I had to do was copy the bootstrap2 files into my existing installation and I would be able to use your template.

Quote:
Native (non-docker install):
copy templates/bootstrap2 into your current install
and also copy util.js from my repo over the util.js in your current install.

update config_local.php to include

$config['cops_template'] = 'bootstrap2';
I have done that and it works perfectly.

It looks like you've made additional changes since then which I would like to make use of as well. If I'm reading this right, it looks like you've made changes to the base code as well as to the template.

Quote:
I merged all my branches in the default of my fork. I also updated the config defaults so COPS uses my new template as the default.

Here's the download link https://github.com/SenorSmartyPants/...ive/master.zip

And here's the main github https://github.com/SenorSmartyPants/cops

My repo also contains $config['cops_ignored_formats'] functionality. Check out the config_local for an example. You can use this and still use the default template if you like.
Quote:
Bootstrap2 theme specific changes
COPS level changes
  • Added support for more than 2 themes
  • Ignored formats support. (Hide Original_EPUB for example)

How would I update my install to get your latest? Can I simply copy the files over or do I have to do a full install?

Thanks for your work on this.
Minstrelcda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:12 PM   #1825
Minstrelcda
Minstrelcda doesn't litterMinstrelcda doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrelcda View Post

How would I update my install to get your latest? Can I simply copy the files over or do I have to do a full install?
I don't know if there was a better way to upgrade my existing installation. I ended up creating a new jail and installing from scratch using the link
https://github.com/SenorSmartyPants/cops

I'm able to access my books and I can switch between themes now so it looks like it worked.

Thanks
Minstrelcda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:03 AM   #1826
ohIdon'tknow
ohIdon'tknow began at the beginning.

Location: The People's Republic of... to be honest, now that you ask, it seems to have entirely slipped my mind... oh well!
Device: kobo Aura One, Samsung tablet, Necronomicon - extra evil version
COPS + DIETPI

I don't know if anybody's interested in this, but I've successfully set up a COPS server on a Raspberry Pi2 with the help of DietPi OS.

DietPi made it very easy to add and manage Syncthing: through which I copy the calibre library from my PC to a USB stick attached to the Raspberry Pi.

I added the COPS server by following these instructions: https://zer09er.blogspot.com/2020/04...cops-with.html

Together they gave me easy access to my e-book library via my Kobo e-reader's web browser.

While my Pi's calibre library is on a USB stick, if I was doing it again I'd probably keep things simpler by opting to store the library in the operating system's SD card. Though that would mean finding a much larger capacity SD card.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by ohIdon'tknow; 05-15-2021 at 04:08 AM. Reason: grammar
ohIdon'tknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:50 PM   #1827
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

For browsing and downloading of books wit the KOBO browser I need the setting:

$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1";

in config.local.php.

But I have an old KOBO glo HD. Don't know about newer devices.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:22 AM   #1828
ohIdon'tknow
ohIdon'tknow began at the beginning.

Location: The People's Republic of... to be honest, now that you ask, it seems to have entirely slipped my mind... oh well!
Device: kobo Aura One, Samsung tablet, Necronomicon - extra evil version
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
For browsing and downloading of books wit the KOBO browser I need the setting:

in config.local.php.

But I have an old KOBO glo HD. Don't know about newer devices.
The web browser + COPS works perfectly together on my Kobo Aura One without any adjustments to the config.

Have you updated your e-reader's firmware recently? From what I've read the Glo HD and the Aura One have the same current software version: 4.26.16704 (February 2021).
ohIdon'tknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:50 AM   #1829
mariosipad
Guru

@ohIdon'tknow

I have tested it and you were right, using only the "embedded" php server I do not need to set

Using apache (and php) I need to set it to 1 to work with a KOBO.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:13 PM   #1830
Trevor68
Enthusiast
Trevor68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
Hi all, I'm trying to setup COPS again on my W7/Apache/PHP setup and am a little rusty.

PHP is working tested with a simple script, but I get the following error for COPS

Warning: require_once(C:\Apache24\htdocs/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Apache24\htdocs\config.php on line 9

I have installed composer, which has created a bunch of folders under htdocs\vendor but unfortunately no actual autoload.php file. Maybe the install did not go right I guess?
Trevor68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology