Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #166
Mr_SkiZZeX
Mr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 G090G1
Hello, I registered just to thank you for this awesome little piece of software and to tell everybody the scancodes for wireless mouse. Seriously I couldn't for the love of god find them anywhere on the internet. I had to download Linux and virtualbox it to run evtest.

Anywho here they are :

Event code 272 (BTN_LEFT)
Event code 273 (BTN_RIGHT)
Event code 274 (BTN_MIDDLE)
Event code 275 (BTN_SIDE)
Event code 276 (BTN_EXTRA)
Event code 277 (BTN_FORWARD)
Event code 278 (BTN_BACK)
Event code 279 (BTN_TASK)

Sadly the mouse wheel isn't a key so it can't be used for brightness. But otherwise it works very nicely.

To explain my actions a bit, wireless presenters in Poland start at around 20$. For a 2 button "keyboard" with a laser. I'm not buying that ever. But fortunately, wireless mice are for like 2$ with 0,20$ for nano otg adapter. So as you can see I prefer mice than some presenter.

Thanks again for this.
Oh and my config if anybody wants to copy it instead of typing some numbers:

{
"key_brightness_down" : [ 114 ],
"key_brightness_up" : [ 115 ],
"key_next_page" : [ 104, 103, 106, 272 ],
"key_prev_page" : [ 109, 108, 105, 273 ],
"key_wake" : [ 15, 274 ]
}
Mr_SkiZZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:10 PM   #167
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Thanks for the report.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2017, 11:08 PM   #168
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
I would still love for KindleLazy to work on the Voyage with koreader, but appreciating what it does do on the Voyage very much.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #169
Trigun
Connoisseur
Trigun began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There have been attempts to get OTG working on the PW2 -
Without much results as I recall, so call that an "unsolved problem" for now at least.
(The PW1 and older do not use the same i.MX6SL, SoC, and the older chips have various hardware problems built-in).
i think the pw2 otg don't works for a simple reason... if u plug something on the kindle the kindle don't give power to the usb... i tried to plug a usb fan and it didn't turn on... if you don't have power on something is hard to interact with something off :-)
tried the same usb on my phone and the fan started... i think is a hardware problem
Trigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:27 AM   #170
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
i think the pw2 otg don't works for a simple reason... if u plug something on the kindle the kindle don't give power to the usb... i tried to plug a usb fan and it didn't turn on... if you don't have power on something is hard to interact with something off :-)
tried the same usb on my phone and the fan started... i think is a hardware problem
If that is the case then connecting the pw2 to a powered hub and the device to that might work. Of course that adds another piece of equipment to the picture.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #171
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
If that is the case then connecting the pw2 to a powered hub and the device to that might work. Of course that adds another piece of equipment to the picture.

Dave
It is also possible that the correct drivers are not loaded when the tests where made.
The hardware is by default, 'device' not 'host'.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:18 PM   #172
Trigun
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is also possible that the correct drivers are not loaded when the tests where made.
The hardware is by default, 'device' not 'host'.
i think i'll try the same test on a pw3 ^_^
Old 01-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #173
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
i think i'll try the same test on a pw3 ^_^
With the same kernel modules loaded, including those 'built-in'.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #174
Trigun
Connoisseur

ok tried the same test on a kindle pw3 and it worked...
so the pw2 don't support the otg connection (hardware not software problem)
Old 03-15-2017, 06:48 AM   #175
stonecome
stonecome began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Thanks for writing this program. It also working in my paperwhite2, but it needs some configuration. I guess the mini usb port doesn't have enough power to push for any usb device, so when I plug my presenter directly to my kindle pw2, no response. Same problem occured when I used my little raspberry Pi. So I take my usb hub out, and connect kindle to one side, receiver to another side. Bang. It works perfct!
stonecome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #176
aconicq1
aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.

Device: pw2
That sounds really strange considering my PW2 doesn't register the same /dev/input/ device as the PW3 even with a powered hub. Can you please elaborate on what version kindle you have, how you set it up and what you did? Thanks
aconicq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:32 AM   #177
stonecome
stonecome began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aconicq1 View Post
That sounds really strange considering my PW2 doesn't register the same /dev/input/ device as the PW3 even with a powered hub. Can you please elaborate on what version kindle you have, how you set it up and what you did? Thanks
Sure. my kindle PW2 firmware version is 5.8.8(3144280022),KUAL version is 2.7, kindle lazy version is 0.9. You can download the pictures I have uploaded. Connect kindle to one side, presenter receiver to the other. And the most import thing you should do: PRESS THE POWER BUTTOM TO RESTART YOUR KINDLE. As the programmer said, kindlelazy do not support hot plug in, so you should restart your kindle to reconfigure the device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	All Devices.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	721.9 KB
ID:	155681   Click image for larger version

Name:	USB Hub.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	702.8 KB
ID:	155682  
stonecome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #178
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
An Amazon customer asked this question, and I'm guessing that somebody HERE who has bought it, might be able to answer: " "Will it work with kindle for pc to turn pages? " The remote control gadget we've been talking about, that is.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:40 AM   #179
Mr_SkiZZeX
Mr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheeseMr_SkiZZeX can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 G090G1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
"Will it work with kindle for pc to turn pages? "
That gadget is a "keyboard" with 4 buttons. I never used Kindle for pc but it most probably has page switching with directional keys, if it doesn't have built in rebinding, on pc you can use multitude of workarounds for that. Simple autohotkey comes to mind here.
Cheers.

Moreover you there are multitude of other presenters gadgets that you could buy for example from aliexpress for much cheaper with the only tradeoff being shipping time.
Mr_SkiZZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #180
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Somebody else asked the question, about this specific gadget. Since several readers here have it, I thought I'd pass the question along. I told him "probably" but I hadn't tried. (And I only have mac's, not PCs.) I told him it work (on mac) in PowerPoint, FWIW.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote, remote control