Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #1651
fallenfuzz
fallenfuzz began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
#1 and #2 are combined.
Then #5
Then #3
Then MRInstaller
Then #4
Thanks for clarification, but I don't understand why do I need the MRInstaller?
If KAUL and it's programs remain after the upgrade, since they are not hacks why changing my initial order?

Thanks.

Last edited by fallenfuzz; 12-24-2014 at 01:58 PM.
fallenfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #1652
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenfuzz View Post
If KAUL and it's programs remain after the upgrade, since they are not hacks why changing my initial order?

Thanks.
Because the Amazon installer in 5.6.1 will not install our packages.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 04:13 AM   #1653
allanwhl
allanwhl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
sorry,my English is poor.
I want to ask a question that is: I have installed jailbreak at 5.4.3,but then I have reset my device. And then it update to 5.6.1 and 5.6.1.0.2 in silence.
Now I put Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.14.N_install.bin into my kp2, and there is a wrong which is 007.
Can I rejailbreak my kp2 again in some way?
THX!
allanwhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:20 AM   #1654
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanwhl View Post
sorry,my English is poor.
I want to ask a question that is: I have installed jailbreak at 5.4.3,but then I have reset my device.
[...]
Can I rejailbreak my kp2 again in some way?
THX!
Sorry, but if you reset your device (that is: removed jailbreak) and then updated it there is no way you can jailbreak your kindle without phisycally opening it.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:43 AM   #1655
allanwhl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Sorry, but if you reset your device (that is: removed jailbreak) and then updated it there is no way you can jailbreak your kindle without phisycally opening it.
Is there any possibility in the future?
Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #1656
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there any possibility in the future?
The jailbreak developers say "Don't hold your breath waiting".
It is not impossible, but frankly, each day that passes I expect it a little less.
Until someone discovers a new "hole" in the firmware that allows a new jailbreak to work, we're out. And I think months have passed now without it...
Old 12-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #1657
allanwhl

Quote:
The jailbreak developers say "Don't hold your breath waiting".
It is not impossible, but frankly, each day that passes I expect it a little less.
Until someone discovers a new "hole" in the firmware that allows a new jailbreak to work, we're out. And I think months have passed now without it...
so we'll just wait.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #1658
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
so we'll just wait.
Keep in mind it will probably be a silent wait.

The people who take on these challenges almost always work alone, each in their own manner.
Only success is announced, not failures, nor progress reports of any kind.

Not that there is anything "secret" about the process, conspiracy theorists should not go into high gear over this process.
It is the nature of the challenge.
The nature of the challenge requires independent, creative, thought.
Technical background only reduces the number of false paths examined.

- - - - - -

Speaking only for myself -
My KT2 is the last Kindle I will ever buy. Period.
And I am comfortable with a "opened Kindle" jailbreak solution.

If I should stumble into a "closed Kindle" jailbreak solution, I will post about it.
But since I am not specifically looking for one, I don't expect that to happen during my own work.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #1659
fallenfuzz

Quote:
Because the Amazon installer in 5.6.1 will not install our packages.
I understand that, but i'm using only kual and koreader, which are located in the documents folder

Per eschwartz:
Quote:
An Amazon update will reset the firmware to stock vanilla conditions. The jailbreak+MKK is the only thing that gets preserved, so you can install the latest hacks if you wish, but you will have to reinstall everything afterwards anyway.

This does not apply to KUAL, which is an active content stored in the documents folder. And KUAL extensions are merely folders in the userstore as well.

Anything that required you to install via an update.bin will need to be reinstalled after the update(, although of course you need to use MRInstaller this time around).
So if jailbreak+MKK gets preserved, KUAL and Koreader will stay since they do not require any update.bin

Sorry for nudging about that, trying to understand better

Thanks
Old 12-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #1660
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenfuzz View Post

Thanks.
In that special case, you don't.

But since context is spread across pages, a general purpose ordered list is probably better for the site surfer who only reads one or two posts.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #1661
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
My KT2 is the last Kindle I will ever buy. Period.
This is interesting. Since you're probably one of the most savy kindle users around, I am curious to know what makes you state this so firmly, if I may ask.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #1662
fallenfuzz

Quote:

But since context is spread across pages, a general purpose ordered list is probably better for the site surfer who only reads one or two posts.
That is for sure but in my case my order was fine, right?
Old 12-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #1663
fallenfuzz

Quote:

Am, once last thing..
I'm on 5.4.5 FW now, so I won't be able to install latest JB and MKK? Only with downgrade option?

Or I can uprade to 5.6.X and use that one - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1597 ?

Last edited by fallenfuzz; 12-25-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #1664
fallenfuzz

Ok, successfully did an upgrade to the latest version using:

1. Downgrader from 5.4.5 to 5.4.3.2
2. Installed latest JB (that included latest MKK) from Hachs repo
3. Copied latest KUAL, KOreader and MRR Installer from Hacks repo to the device
4. Upgrade to 5.6.1.0.2

All is good and working
Old 12-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #1665
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
This is interesting. Since you're probably one of the most savy kindle users around, I am curious to know what makes you state this so firmly, if I may ask.
Just a loss of interest.
I rarely actually **use** the device (for its intended purpose).

My generation used to call it: "burn out" (this type of loss of interest).

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch